Page 20 of 135 FirstFirst ... 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 70 120 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Jia
    i did ok..got a 3.4
    but i felt i got screwed by limrite for head drawing..he made some personal comments about my work and made some empty promises regarding grades
    he seems ncie but i didnt expect him to make personal comments liek that, very unprofessional : |
    more hard work next term i guess
    since limrite is one of my favorite instructors i feel somewhat obligated to defend him hehe... i think he's known to be a 'nice guy' but harsh grader or critiquer (that a word?). obviously i don't know what the 'personal comments' were and it's not really any of my business but again i feel i gotta vouch for the guy since he's really quite cool. feel free to pm me if you want to discuss it further.

cheers,
    steve

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
    Thanks

Thumbs up ahh wow

thanks for the 411.

Thanks
    Jia, when you come back tell us how the snow trip was!

Thanks
    Yeah, Limrite is a harsh grader. He can be totally cool and cordial with you and all of a sudden smack you upside the head with a bad grade. But I thought he was fair to me.
    "Every gun that is made, every warship launched, every rocket fired signifies, in the final sense, a theft from those who hunger and are not fed, those who are cold and are not clothed, The world in arms is not a way of life at all, in any true sense. Under the cloud of threatening war, it is humanity hanging from an iron cross."

...I have a sketchbook?

Thanks
    the skit trip was ok..too few people went and it was kinda clique-y with people split up kinda...
    but i went there to snowboard and i went with friends so it was ok..if mroe people went i think it would kick serious ass..but it was good

anyways..i knew i owuld strike a nerve mentioning limrite, i can tell he is one of the better loved teachers because he has a great attitude when it comes to teaching
    and i dont want to ruin anyone image of him because it could be that i mgiht have offended him in class in some way and he is just picking on me, but even my friends think he wasnt being fair to me at all.
    and i did e-mail him to express how i felt and got a blunt answer sayign that he gave me the right grade according to his notes, and i wasnt even askign for a better grade.
    on the whole, i guess he is a pretty good teacher though i do not think he is a great artist (tries to dodge bullets and bricks), i guess teachers just dont like me : |
    no surprise there..: |

Thanks
    plus he really dug my work in class and was really pleased with my "portfolio review" thingy for the in class work.
    in fact he said he was very proud of me and had no criticism whatsoever.
    so i guess i kinda felt cheated when i thoguht i deserved better
    ok enuff with my bitter bitching!!! im moving on!

Thanks
    Hey Jellybean,
    I was wondering why Art Center isn't on FaceBook.

Is there something we can do about that?

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by saraesc
    I was wondering why Art Center isn't on FaceBook.
    Is there something we can do about that?
    I mentioned it at Sidepanel and I'll e-mail Henry about it once I dig up more info. It would be cool to see if I have friends in common with classmates. Meanwhile you can use the student directory on Campusweb to search people at school, even if they decide to keep their e-mail and term private.

Update:
    On Sidepanel, Sara showed that FaceBook will add schools to their network on their own, based on the number of requests over time. So many people need to e-mail them instead of through contact by administration. I'll try to send FaceBook info this weekend. Please feel free to do so too!
    http://www2.artcenter.edu/acsg/sidep...n=0&page=0#216
    Last edited by jellybean; January 26th, 2005 at 05:29 AM.

Thanks
    let me get this clear, the parking situation has no been addressed in over a year? there were plans to have employees of the school who work standard hours park at the rose bowl (which the president is currently part of the board) and be shuttled up to the campus and using the new spaces for students. patricia oliver has shot down all other alternatives including building additional lots while pursuing the adminstrations mandate of creating a new campus of "legacy" buildings while others work to change the curriculm to making the school more theoretical.
    "Nous sommes desoles que notre president soit un idiot. Nous n’avons pas vote pour lui."

Thanks
    From Sidepanel:
    "Renting out lots from the Rose Bowl isn't cheap, and another issue is that events at the Rose Bowl would disrupt parking availability.

Telling students to park at the Rose Bowl is a lot to ask. (I did a survey, and some of the questions dealt with parking at the Rose Bowl and taking a shuttle up to campus.) Most students have a whole lot of stuff to carry, and many use the car as a storage space - going back to the car between classes to put stuff in and take stuff out.

The extra half hour (or whatever it would be) to park at the Rose Bowl and wait for shuttles is a major deal killer for most students. Even when I posed the scenario (in the survey) of would you rather pay a parking fee or park for free at the Rose Bowl and take a free shuttle, very few students would park at the Rose Bowl."
    Last edited by jellybean; January 26th, 2005 at 05:24 AM.

Thanks
    No no, he's saying EMPLOYEES would park at the rose bowl and be shuttled. In a case such as that, students would use the faculty parking. I would support a measure like that.
    "Every gun that is made, every warship launched, every rocket fired signifies, in the final sense, a theft from those who hunger and are not fed, those who are cold and are not clothed, The world in arms is not a way of life at all, in any true sense. Under the cloud of threatening war, it is humanity hanging from an iron cross."

...I have a sketchbook?

Thanks
    i used to be on ACSG almost exactly a year ago and this was one of the proposals brought up to Patricia Oliver and was not addressed. Like what helium said, only EMPLOYEES would be parking at the rose bowl because they have a fixed work day schedule(i am assuming 9-5) and also because President Richard is part of the rose bowl board(this is assuming he has some sway).

ps. i hear people enjoy the flat fees. especially those that have their own computer/printer and no use for the quick finger removal facilities(i mean the shop) and whats the deal with charging for print outs in the library? ART CENTER HAS GONE CRAZY WITH MONEYLUST
    "Nous sommes desoles que notre president soit un idiot. Nous n’avons pas vote pour lui."

Thanks

AC local

Just a quick tip to people who may be considering Art Center, but are unsure about whether it's worth the investment. Take classes at Pasadena City College where several AC Instructors also teach. I did this 6 years ago, and it's a secret route to getting in; you get a REAL product design class, and you meet REAL AC Instructors.

Admittedly, this was some time ago. Anybody know if it's still true?

I've taken classes at both Art Center at Night and Pasadena City College. They're both great.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by jellybean
    I guess we could ask alumni -- they'd understand.
    hehe. people graduate up to their eyeballs in debt; this is an awesome idea much like asking a drowning man for a glass of water.

so would rent really have to be paid for something that lies fallow and unused and potentially we could get a buddy/buddy discount on? transition commitee still talking about changing the school to 2 terms a year?

Thanks
    I talked to Student Affairs and they're currently alleviating parking by moving more classes and events into lesser density days (Saturday, Monday, and Friday). Richard Koshalek isn't part of the Rose Bowl board. There were meetings on campus last term by a group fighting against traffic impact from Rose Bowl development though.
    http://www.ci.pasadena.ca.us/commissions/rboc.asp

The school is 75 years old! Don't you think we have more successful alumni than that?

Yep, the Transition Committee still talks about changing the school calendar to be on par with nearby school schedules [to better facillitate interim terms?]. In terms of financial aid, this would only affect how distribution is structured (like work study allotments would possibly be $1500/semester instead of $1000/term).

Page 20 of 135 FirstFirst ... 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 70 120 ... LastLast