Page 20 of 155 FirstFirst ... 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 70 120 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Jia
    my schedule on campusweb still shows cabe though...scary.
    Add/drop for students advancing to 2nd term won't be processed until Friday of week 12 (December 3). According to Enrollment Services, even if we turned in the form early, we don't have priority over other terms [not even if you're in student government]. Good luck!

Reply With Quote Reply With Quote

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by poly_cube
    I signed up for federal work-study but now I?m having second thoughts, anyone have any insites on this? (Perhaps a job you can do on campus and do homework at the same time?)
    I have two work study jobs but I still haven't earned my allotment for the term because I'm only working 8 hours a week. If I did that the whole term, maybe... Considering the socializing going on with some illu girls in the prop room, I'd recommend that. I've seen the library assistants at the checkout counter have some free time to draw in a sketchbook and read...

Last edited by jellybean; November 24th, 2004 at 10:06 PM.

Thanks
    Thanks for the replies Jia and jellybean. Our Student Guide for the day, Ari (sp?), mentioned night workshops to me after our tour. He said that they're not 'official' classes as there's no enrollment, but I can still get course credit depending on the class I take.

Actually poly_cube, you may consider working as a Studio Extra at feature films and TV Shows. All you do is sit on your ass and keep quiet. When the director says "action" you get up and walk around or pantomime that your talking. You can bring whatever you want with you as long as your available to be on set all day.

For Non-union workers, you get minimum wage, but you get paid $54 regardless if you work 8 hours or 3 minutes. A lot of studio sets go into overtime (and double-overtime), 10-12 hours of sitting is about average. If you manage to get into the Studio Actors Guild (union), your pay doubles, plus you get pay increases for changing wardrobe, using props, being around people that smoke for a scene (no joke, its labeled "+smoke" and is another $15-$30). And more importantly, all of your food is catered. I repeat, You do not bring your own food to set, Studios are required to feed everyone that works on set.

I was doing this until I got my job offer today, but may go back to it when I go back to school and cannot continue working my regular job.

Last edited by WIll; November 23rd, 2004 at 02:58 AM.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by WIll
    Ari (sp?), mentioned night workshops to me after our tour. He said that they're not 'official' classes as there's no enrollment, but I can still get course credit depending on the class I take.
    You mean getting studio credit from workshop pieces included in your scholarship portfolio or do you mean that by going to workshops you'll get automatic credit?

Thanks
    He said that depending on the workshop, you would get credit for Studio Classes, at least I'm pretty sure it was Studio credit. And he said the workshops are about $700 - $900. But I haven't researched, i.e. gone to their website to check it out, yet.

Thanks
    He said that depending on the workshop, you would get credit for Studio Classes, at least I'm pretty sure it was Studio credit. And he said the workshops are about $700 - $900.
    artcenter.edu/atnight

Oh, I get it now. You're referring to ACAN, not workshops. Yes, those evening classes that are marked as transferrable will pass on the credit. I've done that for the Modernism class. If you don't want to commute to the campus I'd also recommend the online Design 1 class.

Thanks
    What are your tips/strategies for surviving Art Center in general? (Student government is asking online and at the newsletter.) I want to know!

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by fallingh2o
    [FONT=Arial]ok, so im an ad major starting in the spring. does ANYONE know anything about this major at ACCD? i cant find ANYTHING on the forums about adv. here.

can u guys give me advice or...anything?
    Ad Nauseum (Art Director's Club) thread
    http://www2.artcenter.edu/acsg/sidep...0&Board=adnaus

email or pm Casey while you're there (casey@hogue.net) He's putting together an Advertising major's Survival Guide

The department chair seems pretty nice -- Mikio Osaki (mosaki@artcenter.edu)

Thanks
    id say friends...
    friends are a huge part in keeping u sane and grounded
    that and remembering to eat well once in a while

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by jellybean
    What are your tips/strategies for surviving Art Center in general? (Student government is asking online and at the newsletter.) I want to know!
    One word. Karaoke.

"Every gun that is made, every warship launched, every rocket fired signifies, in the final sense, a theft from those who hunger and are not fed, those who are cold and are not clothed, The world in arms is not a way of life at all, in any true sense. Under the cloud of threatening war, it is humanity hanging from an iron cross."

...I have a sketchbook?

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Helium Macaroni
    One word. Karaoke.
    Dear god no!

Thanks for the suggestion jellybean and will. I used to work at a pet clinic (veterinarian technician), which was a great job that kept you busy; however, there was no time to draw or anything. Although now I have this dream job (antique store manager) where I basically just draw or read all day. Naturally you have to keep an eye on the store but at most only 10 customers come in a day.

Although I donít know about the studio extra idea will. Since I imagine you would need a car to get to the production shoot (and you certainly canít pick the production dates to do the shoot) and being the dashing young fellow like myself, Iím not sure they would pick me up in the Ferrari I would most likely demand.

Thanks
    thanks so much jellybean!

Thanks
    you may consider working as a Studio Extra at feature films and TV Shows. All you do is sit on your ass and keep quiet. When the director says "action" you get up and walk around or pantomime that your talking. You can bring whatever you want with you as long as your available to be on set all day.

For Non-union workers, you get minimum wage, but you get paid $54 regardless if you work 8 hours or 3 minutes. A lot of studio sets go into overtime (and double-overtime), 10-12 hours of sitting is about average.
    Huh, I thought I replied to this part. Anyway, I used to have a classmate who was a film major at Chapman. He'd be at shoots at 4:00 a.m. then head to our morning class afterwards. Ehh. That kind of schedule probably wouldn't work for most people but if you're super, there you go.

Page 20 of 155 FirstFirst ... 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 70 120 ... LastLast
  • 424,149 Artists
  • 3,599,276 Artist Posts
  • 32,941 Sketchbooks
  • 54 New Art Jobs
Art Workshop Discount Inside
Register

Developed Actively by vBSocial.com
SpringOfSea's Sketchbook