Page 141 of 155 FirstFirst ... 41 91 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 ... LastLast
Results 1,821 to 1,833 of 2013
    Thanks
    Just got accepted into the Ent Design program for Spring 2012! I am SO THRILLED. Waiting on financial aid's answer though =\ Anyone else got their outcomes released yet?

Reply With Quote Reply With Quote

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
    Thanks
    How long do the financial aid office usually take to respond to emails?

Thanks
    I just received my acceptance packet from ACCD's product design undergrad for Fall 2012, and am super happy about this! But it's finally sinking in just how expensive going to this particular school is. Am biting my nails waiting to hear back from scholarship committee. Just picked up my portfolio but they say it'll take possibly another six weeks to hear back.

Has anyone from Fall 2012 received news from scholarship committee yet?
    Is it true that the max you can possibly get is half scholarship these days? (I'm not even sure I can handle even half the tuition...) Anyone in recent starting semesters manage anything more than half?

Thanks
    Accepted for Entertainment design 2012 fall, looking for roommates to share an apartment, so send me a PM if you are looking for a place to share-

Thanks
    Hello all!

I also got accepted, to Transportation Design! I was originally going to go for Fall 2012, but Admissions called me and said I could start with the summer term already, SWEET!

But I'm also now scrambling for housing...anyone looking for a roommate, or know someone who has a place to share, starting in April/May? PM me!

Thanks
    Hi everyone! I got accepted for Illustration for the fall! they also offered to let me start in the summer! I was really excited, but their summer term starts before my current semester ends :/ so I'm starting in the fall.

I was also wondering about scholarships. When are they supposed to send award letters out? Do you think it'd be possible to use other schools scholarship awards against what art center offers in hopes of maybe getting more? I've heard they dont give out much, but they're SO expensive, any little bit would help.

Thanks
    Hey guys!

I just got accepted to Art Centers Entertainment Design program as well. Since Im an international, I dont know so far, where to live, so if somebody is looking for a roommate for the Fall 2012 write me!

Paper.Trains: Congrats! I contacted the admissions office some days ago and I believe they said, they are sending out the scholarships starting in April.

Thanks
    Congrats guys!

@Hydrothrax see you there then, you better tell me how it is

@Cerdous sent you a pm mate!

Thanks
    I got accepted to Graphic Design program for Fall 2012 term. I'm also an international but I'll probably be living outside Pasadena (like Alhambra, since I heard it's cheaper to live there). Last week I sent the school my acceptance of admission form so I hope I can get a response soon along with my transfer credits

I was wondering though, since I didn't apply for scholarship (I think I missed the deadline for that), is it possible for me to apply for it later? I'm highly aware that tuition is definitely the issue, especially for international student.

One more question, does Art Center teach you techniques (tutorials, how to use some particular software, introduction to advanced digital tools)?

Last edited by luckyc71; March 23rd, 2012 at 08:43 PM.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by carissaatrianty View Post
    I got accepted to Graphic Design program for Fall 2012 term. I'm also an international but I'll probably be living outside Pasadena (like Alhambra, since I heard it's cheaper to live there). Last week I sent the school my acceptance of admission form so I hope I can get a response soon along with my transfer credits

I was wondering though, since I didn't apply for scholarship (I think I missed the deadline for that), is it possible for me to apply for it later? I'm highly aware that tuition is definitely the issue, especially for international student.

One more question, does Art Center teach you techniques (tutorials, how to use some particular software, introduction to advanced digital tools)?
    Yes it is possible to reapply for scholarship, unfortunately for budget reasons and for the hell of it they don't give scholarships to fist term students, well at least for illustration. They do give you your entrance scholarship and then you will have to reapply once you are on your second term, again all of this happen for the illustration program, i don't know how it is for graphic design though.
    An yes Alhambra is way cheaper (i live here) and it's like a 20-30 minute drive to artcenter from here.

Oh almost forgot, yes they do have classes teaching you different software techniques as well as having workshops for anyone after class, but everyone going to artcenter should already have decent skills to survive.

Thanks
    Hi chil3, thank you for your answer. Hopefully the same thing goes to graphic design program.

Yes I can do Photoshop. I've been doing it for five years or so. But to be honest, I'm not an expert at other softwares like Illustrator or InDesign. I've heard that the average age for freshmen in Art Center is 22 years old and most of them have had a professional background/full time artist prior to entering Art Center, while I'll be fresh out of the college by the time I enter Art Center (I'm 19). In addition, I'm currently balancing my studio classes with some general education classes in college (I'm not a full time art student like most of you guys are at the moment). As for designing skills, I've been improving it purely through online tutorials, so I'm quite an amateur. That's why I'm a little worried that professors and classmates at Art Center might have high expectations towards my skills.

Can you give me some tips and suggestions what to prepare/face to enter this school?

Last edited by luckyc71; March 25th, 2012 at 10:12 PM.

Thanks
    Hi everyone,

I just got accepted to the fall 2012 illustration term for undergrad, and from what I've heard and seen (on youtube) about Art Center, I'm completely in like with it. i just have a bucketload of questions.

-So I'll be entering as an 18-year-old, so would this set me apart from my peers? I've heard a lot about how everyone is older, how people have no social life, no dorms, and sort of a lack of community. I find a sense of community really important, though, and I'm also really hoping that being 18 won't isolate me from everyone else.

-Second of all, I've heard that the school is very "industry focused", so they set you up for a career in the art industry without much room for conceptualizing. Is this true?
    I'm not sure if that's a good or bad thing. I like the idea of conceptual artwork but I'm more used to doodling and drawing for a narrative, so I want to practice that before I get into the "industry focused" work.
    I'm also pretty interested in 3D work, taking liberal courses (I heard that Korean Literature was interesting), and travelling abroad. Does Art Center allow room for this in their curriculum?

-Some other small things that bother me are the fact that I don't have a car, so does the campus have vans or zip cars or something? Any sort of transportation to get back and forth between the school and the apartments?

-How comparable is Art Center to, say, SVA, RISD, MICA, Ringling, or VCUarts' programs for someone who wants to be a concept artist or visual development artist?

-Do teachers work part time, and the other time in the actual work field? I heard that this was pretty important.

-What is it like in a classroom? Do teachers work closely with the students or do they just yell at them and leave them to work independently?

thanks if you at least read this far... i don't know what i'll do.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by carissaatrianty View Post
    Hi chil3, thank you for your answer. Hopefully the same thing goes to graphic design program.

Yes I can do Photoshop. I've been doing it for five years or so. But to be honest, I'm not an expert at other softwares like Illustrator or InDesign. I've heard that the average age for freshmen in Art Center is 22 years old and most of them have had a professional background/full time artist prior to entering Art Center, while I'll be fresh out of the college by the time I enter Art Center (I'm 19). In addition, I'm currently balancing my studio classes with some general education classes in college (I'm not a full time art student like most of you guys are at the moment). As for designing skills, I've been improving it purely through online tutorials, so I'm quite an amateur. That's why I'm a little worried that professors and classmates at Art Center might have high expectations towards my skills.

Can you give me some tips and suggestions what to prepare/face to enter this school?
    try taking some classes at pcc, most of the teachers there come from art center, alumni, former and current teachers, they will help you get on shape. try taking stank kong, rick osaka and albert yu, they know their stuff.

Page 141 of 155 FirstFirst ... 41 91 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 ... LastLast
  • 424,149 Artists
  • 3,599,276 Artist Posts
  • 32,941 Sketchbooks
  • 54 New Art Jobs
Art Workshop Discount Inside
Register

Developed Actively by vBSocial.com
SpringOfSea's Sketchbook