The Official Artcenter Thread - like, omg! - Page 13

Join 500,000+ Artists

Its' free and it takes less than 10 seconds!

Join the #1 Art Workshop - LevelUpJoin Premium Art Workshop

Page 13 of 65 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 63 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Do we need better cutting boards? Someone asked for a 24 hour copy center, but when I used to show up there in the mornings for Admissions, it would be practically empty.

Does anyone have any comments about staff attitude ("unfavorable")? I've heard a couple of complaints about employees at the Financial Aid office.

Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
    Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Effers!

I don't remember how I got on the student announcement list in the first place, but with this new spate of spams, I want out!

I've e-mailed copies of almost all the junk mail to the director of internal communications, director of network services, help desk, and the listadmin.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    How'd everyone first day of school go?

Does the term look good for ya'll?

`What sort of people live about here?' asked Alice.

`In that direction,' the Cat said, waving its right paw round, `lives a Hatter: and in that direction,' waving the other paw, `lives a March Hare. Visit either you like: they're both mad.'

`But I don't want to go among mad people,' Alice remarked.

`Oh, you can't help that,' said the Cat: `we're all mad here...

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Quote Originally Posted by Jucas
    How'd everyone first day of school go?

Does the term look good for ya'll?

2 classes down, 4 more to go. I still can't tell which to drop.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    just curious if most students work while going to school or do your parents help you out?

as for me my parents can't help me out.. so if i went to art center i would have to work a part time job. right now i have a job at a design build firm doing some hand drawwings, drafting, and 3d modeling (of course part time)
    sc i just want to know what everyones situtation is like while attending AC

-Brandon

My sketchbook

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    i hear student government traded their seats on all committees for free pizza nights. is there truth to this?

"Nous sommes desoles que notre president soit un idiot. Nous n’avons pas vote pour lui."

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I'll definitly work part-time while attentindg to AC but I'm afraid I'll have trouble finding a job.An on-campus work still sounds good but of course I can't make any desicions from where I'm sitting right now.I'll see when I get to Pasadena.

For those who work part-time, did you had any difficulties finding a job?

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Quote Originally Posted by seb
    i hear student government traded their seats on all committees for free pizza nights. is there truth to this?
    Dude, there are no committees anymore. Its just direct liasons now except for the ticket appeal board. If you're talking about Movie Night as the one with free pizza, no sir we pay for your free food. I'd really love to have a student trustee back though.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Quote Originally Posted by mercan
    I'll definitly work part-time while attentindg to AC but I'm afraid I'll have trouble finding a job.An on-campus work still sounds good but of course I can't make any desicions from where I'm sitting right now.I'll see when I get to Pasadena.

For those who work part-time, did you had any difficulties finding a job?
    I work on campus so it wasn't hard to get a position once someone called back...

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Did you guys had difficulties finding a place near campus?Does the school helps you in anyway for finding a house or will I be by myself when I get there?

I don't really know what's the rent status down there but I guess the farther from campus the cheaper, am I right?

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Quote Originally Posted by mercan
    Did you guys had difficulties finding a place near campus?Does the school helps you in anyway for finding a house or will I be by myself when I get there?

I don't really know what's the rent status down there but I guess the farther from campus the cheaper, am I right?
    Student Life offers listings of apartments and rooms for rent. A housing structure will be built by 2007 (its currently at the city review phase because the school also requested a zoning change) at the South Campus parking lot. I won't have more details until I get my hands on the report.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Hey Art Center Folks,
    I m glad to find an Art Center thread...hope everyone is doing well on their start of the term.
    I m an alumi working in the entertainment industry.
    I just wanted to say Hi to everyone and stop by my thread if you guys have time after school works. Please be kind and leave a reply.

http://www.conceptart.org/forums/showthread.php?t=44667
    http://www.conceptart.org/forums/showthread.php?t=44665

Cheers

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Quote Originally Posted by wazabi
    Hey Art Center Folks,
    I m glad to find an Art Center thread...hope everyone is doing well on their start of the term.
    I m an alumi working in the entertainment industry.
    I just wanted to say Hi to everyone and stop by my thread if you guys have time after school works. Please be kind and leave a reply.

http://www.conceptart.org/forums/showthread.php?t=44667
    http://www.conceptart.org/forums/showthread.php?t=44665

Cheers
    You are of the good. Awesome work man. I love the quality.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Nice stuff wazabi. I'll hopefully be in the Art Center Fall Term of '07. I MUST get in! My stuff is in my sig if anyone wants to look

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Hey! I visited art center today just to see whats it like round there. i must say im pretty sold out. i ruined a pair of pants rightaway when i saw the student gallery. I was then shown around the school by an illustration student. forgot her name anyway. Everyone seemed so busy except me so if youve seen a dork walking around doing nothing and looking at the student gallery with a stupid smile on his face, that was me!

I really wanna go there now. Im thinking of applying for fall '06. I'm thinking transportation but im scared to death that i will be bored by it someday. Illustration would be my second choice. Anyway. Take care guys and hope to meet ya'll in person in the future!

Oh btw, I would love to bother some of you with my questions about Art Center and everything. I will probably be bothering counselors alot next year but its always good to hear from students too!

Last edited by GRK; May 27th, 2005 at 02:05 AM.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    If you're interested in entertainment and do trans, just do some illustration and figurative classes to balance things. Likewise if you do illustration, take some ID electives. And of course feel free to ask any questions about the school in the thread here.

Good luck on your application process.

"Every gun that is made, every warship launched, every rocket fired signifies, in the final sense, a theft from those who hunger and are not fed, those who are cold and are not clothed, The world in arms is not a way of life at all, in any true sense. Under the cloud of threatening war, it is humanity hanging from an iron cross."

...I have a sketchbook?

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    thanks helium. hey actually let me start with the question that's been bothering me for a looong time...
    theres this instuctor/fine artist that teaches one of my design classes in my school right now. He seems to know ALOT about lots of schools including art center. Ive been talking to him alot about going to art center and one of the things he said was: "you wont be drawing cars for your art center portfolio but instead, you will be moving the viewer in space by your drawings" (he is not very clear most of the time) this bothers me alot. am i getting something wrong here? i was told that art center wants students to be extremely focused on their subject so if your applying for transportation, you would infact be drawing some vehicles for your portfolio.. please enlighten me!

one day...

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Actually that was very helpful! One thing i noticed about art center is that they care about the progress. ALOT. your sketches are more important than you think cause they show how you improve your ideas and how you think. and about inspirations. now that you mention them too, i see that its another important factor. i recall seing inspirations presented next to the student projects in the student gallery. i think i understand what your saying by focusing but being diversive (sp?) as possible at the same time. cant put it into my own words but i get it. thanks for the reply. ill do my best!

one day...

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    BTW,

If there's anyone in the transportation major here, im begging you, please pm me !

one day...

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Great posts, thanks all for posting so much.
    I'm actually considering switching schools over to AC. I figure $2000 isnt that much difference in my tuition anyway, so gonna switch now in my junior year. Ugh...
    I know next to zilch about California, or Pasadena (it's near LA? O.o)
    Could someone tell me about the area, and possibly the areas for housing? Is there a site like craigslist.org where I can find possible roomies?
    And.. erm.. if any international student at AC is around, wanna share info? hehe. tx

Batman gives me warm fuzzies

my sketches

my web

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Quote Originally Posted by fixx
    Great posts, thanks all for posting so much.
    I'm actually considering switching schools over to AC. I figure $2000 isnt that much difference in my tuition anyway, so gonna switch now in my junior year. Ugh...
    I know next to zilch about California, or Pasadena (it's near LA? O.o)
    Could someone tell me about the area, and possibly the areas for housing? Is there a site like craigslist.org where I can find possible roomies?
    A map is available at
    http://www.artcenter.edu/accd/students/student.jsp

The most current weekly housing list is available by e-mailing housing@artcenter.edu

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    do any of you guys attend the figure drawing workshop on Saturdays? the guy who instructs. i believe his name is sergio, is unreal at figure drawing. i advise all to attend...

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    sergio sanchez? he kicks ass huh?

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Yep thats the guy. He knows figure drawing like nothing I have ever seen. It's awesome just watching him for like 5 minutes. So damn good.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    i have a question about all AC guys around here...

I am really considering going to AC, i already went to show my stuff and from what Kit Baron (VP admissions told me) i can get in pretty easy, i just need to do a few color paintings and i am there. problem is...

1.) I dont have any experience with using paints, and i only painted with PS b4 plus, i tried watercolors once and i am not that good at it.
    so if anyone can help me (tutors anyone?) with this i would be really greatfull, maybe point me to w/c school or class that has a painting class.

2. and 2nd.. i want to know how you guys pay for AC... i mean, are ur parents paying for you guys? or is anyone here also have big money problems??
    - do u guys have loans and stuff?
    - what kind of job do most of you guys do? i am guessing a lot of u do PT work.
    - are there a lot of lab and material fees? how much in average?

i want to ask more questions but i'll ask them one at a time...

thaks mr. kim for answering my questions above.

thanks in advance to anyone willing to help answer my questions, oh and i am shooting to go to AC this January 06, if i finish my portfolio by then, i am taking a class at PCC this coming fall to help me get things done.

Last edited by T-lapia; July 14th, 2005 at 05:31 PM.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Quote Originally Posted by Katsushiro
    Ok, I appreciate all of the replies, you all have been a lot of help. I have one more question...As I've been looking through the course descriptions I've noticed that there aren't any of the standard "art" classes (ie. drawing 1, color theory, etc..) are they simply classes that aren't offered...is it something I need to have or should take at another school first? I'm kinda put back a little by the fact that they say 95% of the students have practically completed a degree at another school...I've only taken crap classes at a community college...it that a problem?

way too much to think about
    We do have foundation classes such as analytical figure drawing and color theory (FND A/044). If you take it at another school, good luck with transferring the studio credits. I took classes at community college and waived almost all of the liberal arts requirements, so its worth it.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Quote Originally Posted by T-lapia
    2. and 2nd.. i want to know how you guys pay for AC...
    I have consolidated loans and a scholarship on top of two work study jobs. My parents took out a loan to help pay for tuition .

If you need painting, why don't you take Art 20A at PCC or attend the painting workshops at Art Center (the former is probably less intimidating though)?

We have a universal access fee ($200) that covers lab fees unless you're a photo major [they have an additional $60 fee on top of...], then the APA membership adds extra equipment insurance. The cost of materials is really up to you. For example, I've probably spent almost $200 on paint over 8 months and $300 on oversize prints at Kinko's. Art Center's catalog lists $1750/term to budget for supplies...

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    here's my situation, I am doing this on my own, i have around $10k only, i am not getting financial help frpm anyone... ill prolly need a decent paying part time job to pay for all my fees and expenses while i am in school...

say i apply for a loan,.. i am not gonna pay anything while i am in school right? everything gets piled up and you start paying off every cent right after you graduate right? is that how it works?

oh, does artcenter have 3 terms a year? its a total of 8 sems right?

how many people get awarded scholarships?

how much will you get in financial aid every sem on average??

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Quote Originally Posted by jellybean
    We do have foundation classes such as analytical figure drawing and color theory (FND A/044). If you take it at another school, good luck with transferring the studio credits. I took classes at community college and waived almost all of the liberal arts requirements, so its worth it.
    what are the liberal arts classes that is required in AC?? PCC has direct transfer for those classe right?

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    hello art center alumnis/students/wannabes
    i also recently visited art center to view a student illustration exhibit... it was amazing. my life drawing teacher at my local art center (palos verdes art center) went to art center and graduated with a bfa in illustration. i've been going to his class for around a year now, and he's told me that my observational drawings are almost ready for applying to art center. i dunno, though... he went there awhile ago. btw, i'm going to be a junior in high school this year so i still have awhile till i have to apply.
    http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v612/odds/s260.jpg
    http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v612/odds/s261.jpg
    here are two of my recent life drawings.. tell me what you think. thanks guys

Page 13 of 65 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 63 ... LastLast

Members who have read this thread: 34