Join 500,000+ Artists
Its' free and it takes less than 10 seconds!
Hello: I am a new member, so any advice would be much appreciated.
I will be sure to update this sketchbook frequently
My name is Matthew Nielsen, AKA 'The Nuclear Jackal'
I am currently a BA Illustration student, interested in become a Graphic Novelist. I mainly work by combining sketches with Photoshop, but I am also open to experimentation with other mediums.
I've decided to post five images first of all, as an example of what I currently have to offer:
1. Candle: A panel from my 2011 comic: Holger Danske (available in full on my Blog: http://nuclearjackal.blogspot.co.uk/...ske-comic.html
2. A drawing I did of my Hand as Portfolio work in June.
3. Landscape No. 12 from my '50 Landscapes' Project. You can view them all on deviantART: http://nuclearjackal.deviantart.com/gallery/37475103 or view a Slideshow on YouTube: http://youtu.be/vm0DApKdsnM
4. The cover of my Summer 2012 comic 'The Adventures of Professor Snuggles Bearington III'. For the full comic follow this link: http://nuclearjackal.blogspot.co.uk/...-snuggles.html
5. Threshold: An experimental comic I drew based from photographs and screenshots as coursework for University. (Sorry for the swearing)
I'm also on deviantART: http://nuclearjackal.deviantart.com/
and Blogger: http://nuclearjackal.blogspot.co.uk/
Wow great start for your sketchbook!
I love your landscape work and The cover for the "God Stone" Is nice. I like how it glows and how you put the markings on it.
Also, I really like your comic. (It totally recognise the map haha)
Like I aid before, your black lines can be a bit much at times so maybe you could use a different colour?
Anyways, good start. Cant wait to see more!