Art: Scanner?

Join the #1 Art Workshop - LevelUpJoin Premium Art Workshop

Thread: Scanner?

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Scanner?

Hi Guys!
    Can anyone of you tell me, what scanner you use and what scanner ist good for scaning pencil linesl?

Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
    Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Hey dan,

I don't wanna hijack your thread, but I'd like to expand it to the Mac platform. I've used 2 scanners in the last week and both have crashed my (until now) uncrashable mac. in fact i couldnt boot my mac up last night after installing the new software. I had to boot from the restore disk and repair my permissions. after work i get to go home and see if it worked. tech support was as baffled as i was. my 1st scanner was a microtek, and the scan software (scanwizard 5) which is os 9, wouldn't even open in classic environment. anybody else have scanner woes with a mac or know one that's compatible with a G5 & OS X?

anyway, dan-- i think any scanner will really do the job. Anything relatively new, at least. if your not looking for photo color reproduction and not working in production etc, that is, and it sounds like you're just doing b/w, pencil & stuff. I used a microtek 5900 on my PC and it worked extremely well. I just bought an epson 1670 and the quality is great (i just scanned pencils too). now, adjusting everything in PS etc afterward (i.e. for coloring) in another thing

i think the biggest factor w/ scanners is bundled sftware. most peopke look for PS elements and things, but I have PS already so its not a big deal. I did a lot of research and the consensus was the 1670 was a good scanner save for the bundled software. fair trade i'd say.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    This thread should probably be moved to the Lounge or Questions, Tips & Tricks

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    at school we have 10.2 and are using ScanwiseX, with some kind of scanner that is "scanwise certified"...scanwiseX itself works fine but has little options (& crashed 2 in 10 times..just a bit buggy on the contrast setting), you get a plugin for photoshop with it though methinks, we have one in school anyway....
    hope that helps!

Nikolai reiset noch immer, noch lange wird er reisen...doch ins Land der Vernunft findet er nimmer den Weg...

Criticizing Nikolais Crap

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    For simple sketches and maybe a few photos (which is all I needed), I use a cheap CanoScan LiDE 20 I got at Best Buy. It's small, no power cord (powered thru USB) and has good quality. I think I got it for $150. I like it because when I'm not using it, I can put in the closet. It's not a hassle to drag out and scan a few things.

---Grym

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.