Sketchbook: A n00b's journey to the art of painting/drawing
Join the #1 Art Workshop - LevelUpJoin Premium Art Workshop

Threaded View

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Wink A n00b's journey to the art of painting/drawing

Hello artists! I'm David, 17yo photographer, musician and programmer from Croatia. Around the web I'm known as Fricetix.
    Sorry for the wall of text below, it's a story how I got into the artistic life. You can skip it if you want.

This thread will be my road to become a decent concept artist in gaming/movie industry. (Environments and characters mostly)

I got introduced to art world way back when I was like 12 or something. I saw some sick fantasy paintings and I wanted to be able to make such stuff but my passion quickly died. I started to draw but I wasn't motivated enough so I practiced pretty rarely. Fast forward to 2011 (16yo), I got my first camera and fell in love with photography. Over the time I took photos every day and spent every second of my time getting books and studying the actual art of photography, like camera technical stuff, composition, light, etc. I can pretty much say I mastered photography (some ppl say it's impossible to master any art form, but I think it is and I'm pretty close) and if you want you can check out my current portfolio here:
    http://Fricetix.deviantArt.com/gallery
    This is also where I'll post my finished paintings/drawings when I get better.

Anyways, looking for some used film cameras, I found an ad for a Wacom Bamboo Fun Medium size tablet. I immediately called the dude and my tablet arrived few days after (a month ago). I got hooked! It was epic feeling to draw on it

So here I am learning from every possible source I can get my hands on
    I got a few books on drawing and this guy helped me a ton with his epic videos: MoatDD on YT

Let's start with art!

And here is a peach on a chair lit by a single lamp:
    Name:  23082012-peach.jpg
Views: 481
Size:  37.1 KB
    Ignore the green background.

I'll usually draw/paint every day (both digital and with pencils) so I believe I'll update this thread every day but I'll do it at least every two days.

So, thanks for reading and enjoy your day.
    Peace, David

Last edited by Fricetix; August 28th, 2012 at 06:39 AM. Reason: fixin' some stuff
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.