Sketchbook: Aleuu's Sketchbook

View testimonialsView Artwork
    Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Aleuu's Sketchbook

Hello everyone! I am 18 and am trying very hard to improve my drawing/painting abilities.

So, just to start with:
    skull1.png

This is my first time attempting to paint a still life. It's very very rough because I actually became a little confused and gave up for now... It's just a study, am trying to familiarize myself with digital media. Trying to learn how to draw/paint realism instead of cartoony. Hopefully I will return with more studies ^^

Last edited by nosferatrix; August 24th, 2012 at 10:01 PM.
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
    Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    rose1.png

Another rough still life, this time of a white rose head. Am having a lot of trouble and can't seem to stop repeating mistakes...

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Your rose is not bad at all! but I have to say an animal skull is an ambitious subject to start off with. Having said that it seems you started to render out the teeth nicely enough, so maybe you should have stuck at the rest of it for a bit longer Just make sure you get the main landmarks in place then go around and flesh everything out.

If you get too frustrated take a break and try painting something a bit simpler, remember its all about practice!
    Im not exactly a master so perhaps someone with more experience will be able to give you better advice.

I look forward to seeing more work!
    Good luck and welcome to CA

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I think you are off to a good start...I would just echo CR Faerber about getting the main shape in place and then adding the details, and if you start to get tired or frustrated stop for awhile, do something else and then come back to it...I found that out with a piece I was working on the other day...got frustrated because I couldn't get the perspective right and the just drew something so I could finish it...I think you could go back and continue working in the skull if you wanted....I am a beginner so can't over too much more advice...but look forward to seeing what you do next. Keep it up!

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.