Warrior
Join the #1 Art Workshop - LevelUpJoin Premium Art Workshop

Thread: Warrior

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Warrior

Hi! (Sorry, my english isn't good)
    I've been trying to digital paint this drawing, this is my first try on digital painting. I used photoshop to paint it (Also, i used a mouse, does a pen tablet makes the work much easyer/faster/better?)
    Umh, that's it for now, i guess. I want your opinion about it, this site is a huge fountain of inspiration to me, and so are the artists.
    As you can see, i'm a beginner, so every critic helps (as long as i can understand them x)
    The first is the painted one, and the second is the base of the painting, made with pencil case 0.3mm.
    Both are a little bit small, so i guess it will require some zoom to see the details. Made them small because i want to work on the background too (trying to do that, but it's hard, i dont know how to use photoshop properly).

(My first post, sorry if i did something wrong)

Thanks alot, guys! Bye!

Attached Images Attached Images    
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

TinyBird is offline Why you gotta be an angry burd Level 16 Gladiator: Spartacus' Retiarii
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,652 Times in 1,617 Posts
    Follows
    Following
    Make the image smaller, so that we don't have to scroll around.

"I eat comics and poop stylization"
    Comic!
    Sketchbook (Critiques, no compliments please.)
    Tumblr
    Website
    Livejournal
    DeviantArt

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Oops! Sorry! Here it is.

Attached Images Attached Images  

Thanks
    Thanked 2,227 Times in 1,348 Posts
    Follows
    Following
    I used to be an adventurer like you. Then I took an arrow in the knee.

As for the drawing - get "Successful Drawing" and "Fugure Drawing for All It's Worth" by Loomis, and practice structural drawing, perspective, and anatomy for at least half a year.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to arenhaus For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Man I remember when this forum had useful criticism besides just telling everyone to go read some Loomis books.

A tablet certainly helps with coloring!

I think that the picture sort of lacks a consistent light source, the light all seems to be coming from everywhere, and your colors are a little faded here. It makes for an interesting sort of old-time illustration feel, however. I think you have a nice style developing and that you're doing alright! You have a few anatomy problems with this piece though, most noticeably (for me) the shoulders, and some of the angles seem a little strange. The armor on his stomach looks odd to me. The face has a lot of detail and is my personal favorite part.

You should definitely try some quick figure drawing practice! It can really be great help nailing those little particulars that you can get hung up on. There's lots of great sites out there where you can practice. You're a lot further along than some people I've seen. A good foundation doesn't hurt, though, and reading through tutorials can certainly help. Keep drawing and working on it! Practice makes perfect!

Thanks
    Thanked 2,227 Times in 1,348 Posts
    Follows
    Following
    Quote Originally Posted by Blitzanger View Post
    Man I remember when this forum had useful criticism besides just telling everyone to go read some Loomis books.
    It's still like this. Some people need specific advice or discussion of what to do for their skill advancement. Some people need to be pointed at the direction of the boot camp.

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.