Art: New concept drawings and 3d models

Join 500,000+ Artists

Its' free and it takes less than 10 seconds!

Join the #1 Art Workshop - LevelUpJoin Premium Art Workshop

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

New concept drawings and 3d models

A friend of mine recommended this site because of the good critiques and tips etc so I decided why not. I must say I'm a bit amazed with the high level of artistry I see in here.

My name is Martin Heggh I'm studying multimedia technology in Norway, starting 2nd year tomorrow. Any guidance, critisism and so on much appreciated

inspired by macro photography of a spider. Wanted to bring out a little "creepyness" -photoshop

Gun I made for no particular use. -photoshop

Started as a frog and ended up very wierd. -photoshop

Steam engine made for a video running inside a museum, this video shows what the steamengine looks like in action. -maya

Alien made for myself to start rigging, still bad at rigging characters tho but getting there. -maya

Last edited by Eset; August 21st, 2012 at 06:12 PM.
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
    Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    We can't help you so much if you don't tell us your goals at least. Anyway welcome to conceptart.org, i'm sure you'll find yourself at home if you want to grow up as an artist.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    hehe ty, how foolish of me

My goals will be to get a job, or make a job doing things like this 3-4 years into the future.The problem with this school is that it focuses on too many areas like videojournalism, 3d, vfx, flash, cinematography, short films, sound, light, photography and so on, and I pretty much love all of it so I have no idea where to go.

Last edited by Eset; August 22nd, 2012 at 07:37 AM.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    So pretty much it focuses on entertainment, sounds cool. Anyway i don't think it's the case to talk about corrections in those things you are sharing with us but i can tell you something about design and drawing in general: do always something with a purpose in mind.
    Try to not draw just to make lines on a paper, for example when you're designing a gun you should always think stuff like "who is going to use this" "what kind of bullet does this gun shoot" "what kind of visual effects is going to generate". I know it's fun sometimes to just do whatever you feel to but it's a good habit to think this kind of things for what you're doing because it keeps your brain working, you're finding solutions for all those questions that you might ask yourself and this stuff is always good for credibility.

This is a good way to approach design and drawing in genera because the more you understand on what you're doing, the more your viewers is going to believe and feel (and then like) your drawings.

I hope this will be helpful for your future studies.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Hitsu//San For This Useful Post:

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.