Thanks

Good forums for beginners

Hi, sorry if this is in the wrong section. I was wondering if anyone knew of any good forums that would appeal to beginners who want to develop and try out new techniques. I just look at this place and it's amazing how you can invision an idea, and actually portray it with the skills you all have onto a piece of paper or through a program. I want to work my way to this, but it's nice sometimes to have the friction of people around your own level, and I'm defiantly not on the same planet when it comes to the people here.

Just curious if anyone knows of any forums, I'd really appricate it

Kind Regards, and beautiful works here

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,944 Times in 1,012 Posts
    The best way to learn fast is just to dive right in. Open up your
    own sketchbook thread in the sketchbook section of the forums
    and post your work up. These boards are open to all artists
    of any level.

The only requirement is a love of learning, a desire to improve
    and actually showing us that you have the drive to put pencil
    to paper.

There are also forum based study groups available here:

http://conceptart.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=137

Thanks
    Thanked 4,262 Times in 2,074 Posts

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Arshes Nei For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    It's scary lol I have trouble maintaining a proper image in my mind, sorta like it's there but when I try to star drawing it morphs and animates, or dissapates into fog. Couple that with a horrendous lack of skill, it's rather embarassing.
    I kinda thought it would be counter productive to be posting crap on here Right now im stuck on that photoshop random brush to make things look pretty. Which i sorta can,.. but know when it's made through a chaotic approach instead of thought out and implemented action, it bugs me. It makes it feel like anything I make is random instead of what I make.

Sorry, donno if im wording that right. Perhaps I'll browse around here. Alot of it is trying to figure it out for myself and be able to show stuff in the right area. I sorta feel like if I post anything here it's just in the wrong place because of the hard earned talent that's evident.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,009 Times in 538 Posts
    Think of it this way. Your online with a fake name, no face, with people you will probably never see once in your life. So who gives a fuck what people think. If my drawings bad, if my drawings good. As long as your not being rude or anything and get kicked off the boards.

You joined a board to learn so the best way to learn is to do it and show others so they can give you a poke in the right direction.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to JFierce For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Perhaps.

Hmm, ok well there's a bit more too it aswell. I feel a natural development for my own skills comes alot from the environment that I am subjected to. There's a balance/harmony that comes with taking in other peoples techniques and ideas, to truly finding your own connection with a pen or idea. Sorta like seeing with your own eyes and heart.

Um.. perhaps because of my utter crap level of skill, I worry with such talent and knowedge here, I might not develop my own abilities, but the abilities being presented and offered by others?

I'm not sure if that makes sense. I do believe in an honest development/journey in things. It's just something that comes to mind when I think of learning vs being programmed in one sense.

In all fairness I don't particulary care what people think of my stuff, unless it's a bit of friction to bump me out of a dillusional acceptance for thinking something is good when infact it's meh. But I do care alot about spreading the wrong sort of thing into communities, which is sorta why I feel a beginner community is better suited for me.
    Could be wrong, I don't really talk to people much when it comes to artwork

Thanks
    Please upload some art.

Thanks
    Well, when I have something to post I'll start a sketchbook

Though if anyone knows of any other forums with a bit less degree of skill involved I would appricate hearing about them

Thanks for the kind words on the matter

Thanks

13. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Mike Tenebrae For This Useful Post: