Need Advice on what Tablet/Slate PC to purchase. On a budget.
Join the #1 Art Workshop - LevelUpJoin Premium Art Workshop

Thread: Need Advice on what Tablet/Slate PC to purchase. On a budget.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Question Need Advice on what Tablet/Slate PC to purchase. On a budget.

Hey everyone,

I've been kinda a long time lurker but haven't really registered until i've gotten close to the point where I can be more interactive with the site and seeing as that point's getting near, I wanted to ask for some advice if I could.

**For starters, i'm on a budget of $1000 - $1400**

Ok, basically i'm looking at getting a Tablet (or Slate PC, however it's described) that's got a Wacom Digitizer and one that runs Windows 7 (or will be capable to run 8 if I decide to upgrade, although the ability to run 8 isn't a huge necessity for me). Originally I was looking at something along the lines of the Samsung Series 7 Slate but before I started to invest I really wanted to see if anyone knew of any other Slates that might fit my needs.

Basically i'm in need of something that can easily do the following:
    -Run Windows 7
    -Run Photoshop
    -Have at least 4gb Ram
    -Be completely portable and have a decent battery life (6+ hours would be great)
    -Has a Wacom Digitizer.

To be honest I really don't know the first thing when it comes to what's best and what's needed for a portable slate pc (as i've never owned one) but basically I just want something that lets me draw on the screen with good control, good response time, decent pressure sensitivity and something that won't start lagging up and going choppy when i'm working on a larger photo in Photoshop. Just something where I can grab the stylus, kick back and not have to worry about limitations in regards to the dependability of the screen and whether I can or can't do finer detail work, or use programs like Photoshop.

Any help is greatly appreciated as i'm trying to be very cautious and not end up getting a machine that's not what I had hoped or expected, so if anyone know's of anything that I could purchase brand new and within my budget (or even slighty over-budget, but not much), please let me know or if you can, point me in the right direction to learning what I need to know to make my own educated decision.

Thanks all.

Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Hi

Seems like there only two devises for that specs:
    - Asus Slate EP121
    - Samsung Series 7 Slate

Samsung is much better in everything but has 1 usb instead of 2 in Asus. There are only one thing that keeping me from buying Samsung a Windows 8 that coming soon. A new tablets may comes with it. Maybe with better specs and Ivy Bridge processors. But this way we can wait forever.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    yes those 2 are ok but the samsung gets really hot and battery life aint that good.if i were you i would wait until microsoft bring the surface out and samsung bring there new slate 5 and 7..other choices are lenovo thinkpad tablets they have keyboards and the screen rotates into tablet mode that way you have a proper keyboard and if you want to sketch put it in tablet mode .comes with stylus wacom supporetd and best of all cheap .when they bring a tablet out that uses a i7 and 8 gig that is running at around 25c thats when i will by a tablet ,ive decided to go all out and buy the wacom 24hd

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    www.travismillar.com

Ever just woken up and gone "shit, does the world around me exist"?

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.