sketchbook pro broken
Join Free Art WorkShopJoin Premium Art Workshop

Thread: sketchbook pro broken

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

sketchbook pro broken

I recently updated to osx mountain lion on all my machines. when i went to install sketchbook pro it stops the install short and says you need a newer version. I believe I was using version 10 maybe? i forget. I assume the newest version works since i havent heard of anyone complain about it. Is there anyway I can get my version to work or do i basically have to purchase a second newer copy for it to work. The version i was using was fine i really dont like being forced to buy another copy.

Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I don't think buying a new copy is going to work. Lots of people have had the same problem as you (old software not working). It's a Mac thing.
    Autodesk has stopped updating sketchbook pro and have move on to Sketchbook designer http://www.conceptart.org/forums/ima...ermade/wtf.gif. The reviews on Designer have been poor. It might be time to move on to another software.
    My personal fav is ArtRage. Has better realism then corel painter and stable. I heard openCanvas is good, the open source MyPaint is coming along. Paint Tool Sai is good but pc only.

Arshes Nei is offline Registered User Level 17 Gladiator: Spartacus' Dimachaeri
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,259 Times in 2,074 Posts
    Follows
    Following
    Quote Originally Posted by Malifer View Post
    I recently updated to osx mountain lion on all my machines. when i went to install sketchbook pro it stops the install short and says you need a newer version. I believe I was using version 10 maybe? i forget. I assume the newest version works since i havent heard of anyone complain about it. Is there anyway I can get my version to work or do i basically have to purchase a second newer copy for it to work. The version i was using was fine i really dont like being forced to buy another copy.
    You would probably have to buy an upgrade copy. I got Sketchbook pro 2011 for 30 bucks last time (it goes on sale from time to time). Upgrade copy is probably gonna be cheap.

http://store.autodesk.com/store/adsk...0?adsk_t=false $30 dollar upgrade. Not too bad.

http://usa.autodesk.com/adsk/servlet...linkID=9242579

I wouldn't listen to the advice above me because it doesn't look like they read your post very well

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Arshes Nei For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Quote Originally Posted by agentwd40 View Post
    Autodesk has stopped updating sketchbook pro
    This is absolutely not true. Sketchbook Pro is actively developed. There are regular updates/patches to each version. I would expect to see a brand new version sometime in the near future.

Sketchbook Designer is a completely different package that incorporates many more tools, especially an amazing vector facility. It does receive mixed reviews however, not because it isn't any good, more that it is a little "temperamental." And it's expensive!

Edit: New version announced - http://conceptart.org/forums/showpos...63&postcount=1

Last edited by joeparis; August 24th, 2012 at 04:48 AM.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to joeparis For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I had this great rant about how Sketchbook pro has not been updated since 2011. The rant was going to be great, it was going to explain how Sketchbook pro need to be updated, how other "basic" programs had more features. I would then talk about how ArtRage had taken Sketchbook pro place... and now... I find out about SB 6.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    thanks all. guess i will look at the 30 dollar upgrade Arshes Nei pointed out.

Arshes Nei is offline Registered User Level 17 Gladiator: Spartacus' Dimachaeri
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,259 Times in 2,074 Posts
    Follows
    Following
    Quote Originally Posted by Malifer View Post
    thanks all. guess i will look at the 30 dollar upgrade Arshes Nei pointed out.
    You can do that, but considering they just posted the new one (we can call it 2012 aka Sketchbook Pro 6) for $30 dollars on the Mac store. I'd go with that.

http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/sketc...53377898?mt=12

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Arshes Nei For This Useful Post:

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.