Teen Challenge 177: Steampunk Racer - Voting
Join the #1 Art Workshop - LevelUpJoin Premium Art Workshop

View Poll Results: Which Steampunk Racer won the race?

Voters
12. You may not vote on this poll
  • Jarkuzy

10 83.33%
  • Hobbnob

1 8.33%
  • Ffanatic

2 16.67%
  • Churchmountain

1 8.33%
  • Aquascale

3 25.00%
Multiple Choice Poll.

Thread: Teen Challenge 177: Steampunk Racer - Voting

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Teen Challenge 177: Steampunk Racer - Voting

Last edited by Aksel; August 27th, 2012 at 03:07 AM.
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Here's my final

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Hi haven't tried the competition before and it sounded like fun so here is my final:

Attached Images Attached Images  

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    This machine has a mind of its own.

(had to post with my itouch because my computer has suddenly decided that conceptart is some huge virus threat. It's rather frustrating.)

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I apologize for taking up another post with my wips. My itouch refuses to upload multiple images at once, it seems.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I didn't get a chance to enter this one unfortunately but I figured I'll still try and leave some helpful critique for those who did enter

Jarkuzy This one is the one I ended up voting for. You have the strongest design of them all which is what the focus was and is what makes steampunk truly special. There are a few perspective issues with the design and the background it's in doesn't exactly feel necessary seeing how it's only a matter of design and it doesn't tell much of a story, however you fit the topic the best in my opinion

Hobbnob I'm glad you went with air on this one, I think the idea was good, but the design needed to be pushed more. Steampunk designs are rougher, more gears, more technicality to it then just wings and some metal plates. I suggest doing studies or having references of other steampunk machines next time to improve on the design.

Ffanatic Another great idea, I didn't even think of doing an iron man like body suit. Just like Hobbnob though I feel you should've studied more before diving into the idea. It's not technical really, it's plated rollerblades and plated gloves with a meter on it. Really think about how those rollerblades function and how the gloves function while making your designs and it'll add to that realism.

Churchmountain I like your design as well, if I'd entered I was probably going to do a motorcycle-like design. It feels like you were going for more of an illustration instead of a design and the focus was to design a vehicle. There aren't too many obvious designs like you'd see in steampunk machines. Try doing preliminary sketches of what you want to create next time and look at other machines and what parts they use. Like pistons and levers and pulleys and shit, it doesn't have to actually work, but you can trick people to make them think it works

Aquascale Your design was second in my opinion, your design was very clean and technical, I didn't feel it was necessary for it to be tilted like it was being revved, but the design was still good The only reason I didn't vote for it was because it looked too clean to me and too sleek like a modern day motorcycle when usually steampunk is more rough and mechanical looking on the outside. Still a nice design though

Sorry if this sounds weird to any of you I'm a little tipsy and frustrated about personal things so if any of it comes out bitchy at all I deeply apologize I mean no disrespect when I critique I just want to see us teens as a whole improve ourselves

9. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Forrest_I For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Quote Originally Posted by Forrest_I View Post
    Ffanatic Another great idea, I didn't even think of doing an iron man like body suit. Just like Hobbnob though I feel you should've studied more before diving into the idea. It's not technical really, it's plated rollerblades and plated gloves with a meter on it. Really think about how those rollerblades function and how the gloves function while making your designs and it'll add to that realism.
    Yeah man it always happen to me.I was like how is he going to turn the gloves on if they shoot that beam or whatever but then I said fuck it its just a teen challenge.
    I really just wanted to finish it in a day.

Thanks for the critique.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Quote Originally Posted by Forrest_I View Post
    Aquascale Your design was second in my opinion, your design was very clean and technical, I didn't feel it was necessary for it to be tilted like it was being revved, but the design was still good The only reason I didn't vote for it was because it looked too clean to me and too sleek like a modern day motorcycle when usually steampunk is more rough and mechanical looking on the outside. Still a nice design though
    Thank you! Originally there was going to be a rider, but it didn't work out. Even then, the tilt is a bit unnecessary. Mm, I have to agree with you. Thanks again!

Members who have read this thread: 5