Just played - Page 2
Join Free Art WorkShopJoin Premium Art Workshop

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Just played

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    All three of the Mario & Luigi games: Still fun and addicting to this very day.

Castlevania: Harmony of Dissonance: Currently trying to finish the No Magic mode, but it's still good despite its faults.

The Louisianian Sketchbook You can Comment and Criticize if you want.
    My Newgrounds Profile Warning: Politically Incorrect thoughts, view at your own risk.
    My Facebook Site I normally hate these kinds of websites, but a friend of mine invited me.
    Louisianian artists thread If you're from or live in Louisiana, don't hesitate to post here.
    My Profile Nothing else needs to be said.
    Trillian: Request to be added first.
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Hotline Miami, awesome fast pace game with a cool, trippy story.

Far Cry 3, I keep getting The White Man's Burden vibe, Fuck it, just the hero makes me cringe,

*** Sketchbook and other stuff ***

Flashback's SB

Anatomy Atlas

Digital Galleries

Visit & Support:
    http://www.ctrlpaint.com/

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    That game has an awesome story. Loved every bit of it. And Vaas Montenegro is probably the best villain I have seen in a long time.

My sketchbook. Let me show you it.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,191 Times in 293 Posts
    Follows
    Following
    Megaman + Street Fighter Its free!

I admit Mega man kinda pisses me off, because i can´t deny how good the games are but i still hate them and is mostly because i suck and i have never ever beaten a single one of them.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,555 Times in 607 Posts
    Follows
    Following
    Yeah, it's enjoyable, though I think the music is slapped together at some parts.

I like how the bosses have a Revenge Meter, so they end up doing one of their Super Combos after they get enough hits.

I can't get past Vega's stage right now, but I'll try again some other time.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Just played Borderlands 2. What an evil, addicting game bursting at the seams with guns everywhere, along with lots of humour/ pop culture references. Its like if wow, diablo and serious sam got together and had a baby. Theres a lot of grind though, you'll need 2 playthroughs to max level and to up level monsters (level of loot is based on monster level). The drop rates for some weapons are abysmal.

Also had been playing guild wars 2, but I've not logged in for like a month now. Kinda on a break from the game.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,778 Times in 848 Posts
    Follows
    Following
    Just finished Farcry3. It was tits!
    Quote Originally Posted by Flashback View Post
    Far Cry 3, I keep getting The White Man's Burden vibe, Fuck it, just the hero makes me cringe,
    Don't know what you mean by "White Man's Burden". But if I'm guessing correctly it's the geopolitical element of the story. Which is what I thought made the game believable.

I will say that Jason was probably the most limp wristed, gullible and unlikable hero of all time. It would have been better if he were a mute. All of the amazing supporting characters made up for it though. Too bad the ambient sound and music always drowned out the dialogue.

( Click to show/hide )
    For some reason I was hoping Vaas would actually come back in the end. His death felt ambiguous and unresolved. Especially when Hoyt the top villain was so underwhelming in comparison.

Last edited by Raoul Duke; January 16th, 2013 at 07:12 AM.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Raoul Duke For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Dark Souls. I absolutely love it, the difficulty the art styles, everything. The art style makes me happy inside. Though seeing how Dark Souls 2 is turning out is making me rather sad.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I got Portal 2 a little while ago for a crazy deal (something like $5 USD), and I finished it the other day. May I say, that's a GREAT game! I played the original Portal game a long time ago when it was free for a few days, but the second one is on a whole new level. It is way longer, the grunginess of the environment is nothing short of awesome, and there is even more hilarious dialogue than the first. I would highly recommend it!

Soli Deo gloria!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Ok! I took a bit of a break, but today I finally finished Paper Mario. The final boss dragged a bit, but the auto-life mushrooms and the luck boosting badges were a godsend.

It really makes no sense to even feature Luigi in this game if all he does is stay home. You'd think they'd make him a bonus partner or something, I don't know. At least Super Mario RPG had the good sense to have him inexplicably gone (at least if memory serves, I should totally replay that soon. So much memorable stuff from that one.)

Paper Mario's a decent enough game. Nowhere near as good as Mario and Luigi or the first Mario RPG, but not bad at all. Looks like I'll have to pick up Thousand Year Door one of these days.

Total time: 24hours, 39 or so minutes, give or take. As far as I know it doesn't log the final fight, just the last save before the final fight. I'm gonna guess the it took 10-15 minutes.

Oh, and getting all the partners to Ultra Rank was not difficult at all. If you take the initiative, you can get all of them easily without any backtracking.

Last edited by Psychotime; January 24th, 2013 at 07:56 PM.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Just finished New Vegas. It was fun, but that was just too much game for me. I think I could have played every gta in a shorter amount of time. Seriously cuts into my drawing for the fuck of it time. I don't think I have the time to play games of that size any more. Some of the side quests are long enough to be a stand alone game.

Each character or faction they mention is at least a few hours of gameplay. There are at least four different directions you can go in.

But it really was good. I had dreams and shit about it. Unfortunately the game is designed for you to lollygag and chase your own ass. It's loaded with redundant loading screens, misdirection and dead ends.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    XCOM: Enemy Unknown. Deadline-breaklingly addictive. Don't. Buy. This. Game.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I have a dota 2 account, never played a moba before, just learning it using skeleton king and playing bots with a friend. It can be pretty frustating at times. Its the only game i have had to watch tutorials on youtube and yet i still mess up.

Its pretty addictive so i´m just saving it for weekends,the best to play matches where the teams are people you already know and can actually communicate with.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    So I started playing Super Mario RPG, and there's some issue with the equipment menu that just makes the game freeze for some reason. I think when I press a particular button right after I select an equipment. It's happened three times so far and I have to load up my last save...Just did it again while typing this. It's SOMETHING about the order I switch the item, it has to be.

I'm playing on an emulator, so I discarded the rom I used before and downloaded a different one, but the same issue happens.

I should point out that I have owned the real game, and this issue never occurred. And it's not the emulator that freezes, it's the game!

Bah. Anyway, just finished the fight with that yellow sewer monster. Too easy. Still the game I remember. Can't wait to get to Booster, he was my favorite boss.

EDIT: Ok, I see. For some reason it freezes whenever I select an equipment FROM the unequipped list, but not from a character's list to switch or add an equipment. Dammit, I know I'm gonna forget that.

Last edited by Psychotime; February 13th, 2013 at 06:04 PM.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    My fondness for free games and stories in the vein of Eversion and Ruby Quest led me to try a neat little game called Irisu Syndrome. It's really fun so far! I've only seen one ending, and I'm just now figuring out how to play it. Without spoiling too much, it's a falling block puzzle game, and each time you lose, Irisu appears to you and you get a bit of story. It shows three students who go camping, and over the course of multiple game attempts, two of them go missing. It's pretty fun, and really interesting.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Yep, now I'm at my favorite part of Super Mario RPG, Booster's Tower. Unfortunately this game doesn't record your time.

Also got the Shiny Stone a little early (the item you get to unlock the hidden boss that's the strongest monster in the game), probably should have waited, but oh well.

I have to wonder what the hell Punchinello was doing in that cave the whole time.

EDIT: DAMMIT, I really have no clue how this glitch works. Apparently it just does it when it feels like it! I can't equip weapons without saving first.

Also, a random Snifit battle was the first time I had a character get KO'd so far. Just didn't heal Geno before it shot at him.

I love how all the Mario RPGs have the characters consume large amounts of sugar and caffeine in order to get extra energy or recover from incapacitation. It's fun imagining that ONE group of people out there who would complain that the games contribute to childhood obesity if they ever caught wind of it.

But honestly, I find it kinda gross imagining a person straight up drinking maple syrup. Superstar Saga made it pretty funny, though. They lifted the movement straight from Popeye, it's great.

Last edited by Psychotime; February 22nd, 2013 at 11:27 PM.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Just got Peach on my team. Knife Guy and Grate Guy were pushovers, but the Bundt cake and optional battle with Booster (which I never did before) weren't goofing around, damn! Now THOSE are boss fights.

I looked it up and that odd freezing glitch was due to the version of my emulator. I happens to everyone. So I just switched and everything works fine. Still kept my save file, so no restarting or anything.

Last edited by Psychotime; February 27th, 2013 at 08:36 PM.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    The Chantelise Demo-This is a must get judging from the demo.

Duo Princess (Demo)-Game crashes in Windows 8, so I can't comment on that.

My Newgrounds Profile Warning: Politically Incorrect thoughts, view at your own risk.
    My Facebook Site I normally hate these kinds of websites, but a friend of mine invited me.
    Louisianian artists thread If you're from or live in Louisiana, don't hesitate to post here.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Defeated Valentina and now I've got Mario's ultimate weapon. Valentina was pretty tough. Doesn't help that the battle starts off with Dodo stealing an ally and fighting them solo.

So I'm at the Barrel Volcano, just defeated the not difficult Czar Dragon (Ah, so THAT'S what happened! Square just put him in the Mario game instead!) and was getting the 6th star until...oh shit! The Axem Rangers!

Giving Peach the armor version of the Lazy Shell was a smart move. Now she's practically invincible and I don't have to worry about potentially losing the best healer in a tough fight!

Last edited by Psychotime; March 2nd, 2013 at 08:41 PM.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    System Shock 2..my weapons keep breaking,also those Spiders are so annoying.

Formerly Ultimatum.

A smooth sea never made a skillful sailor.

Human beings, who are almost unique in having the ability to learn from the experience of others, are also remarkable for their apparent disinclination to do so."
    -Douglas Adams

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    La Mulana: Fun game, but it's a bit confusing at times.

Bomberman Hero: An underrated gem that's worth checking out

Retro City Rampage: Good, but not my favorite.

My Life as Darklord: Excellent and addicting.

Smack dab in the middle of the United States
    Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Recently I played all the way through Borderlands 2. It's a pretty good game and ridiculously addicting. In terms of comparing Borderlands with Borderlands 2, though, I think I liked the original Borderlands a little better. While Borderlands 2 has some features that I wish Borderlands had (as well as a more involved plotline), Borderlands was a lot more subtle in its character writing and humor than Borderlands 2 is.

My friends have also told me about Divine Cybermancy. Kind of interested in playing it, even though I haven't heard much about it, aside from what said friends have told me.

Sketchbook- My Sketchbook

Deviantart- ceallach-monster

Shameless Webcomic Promoting Time!- Old Bones & New Meat

Thanks
    Thanked 1,911 Times in 832 Posts
    Follows
    Following
    Played through the campaign in SC2 Heart of the Swarm. Overall the missions were pretty fun, though a bit on the easy side. Story was typically popcorn friendly... This is obviously a story where everyone solves their problems by blowing stuff up and talk in really exaggerated voices to show how badass they are.

"I've got ham, but I'm not a hamster"

Sketchy Link

Portfolio

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I beat the original Castlevania for NEs for the first time ever. I have been playing a bit a day for a few days, suddenly in one playthorugh i got to beat Frankestein pretty fast, had to keep going.

I love Castlevania but god damn was it painful. took me a full day and finally beat dracula at 2 am at the verge of crying.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I just wasted my time playing Assassins Creed 3. The worst game I've played in recent memory. The aesthetics, game mechanics and the setting were a match made in hell. A Mohawk, assassin parcouring his way through colonial settlements for the founding fathers is just as bad as it sounds. Even when ignoring the story the game play was ruined. The buildings were too plain and the whole tree climbing mechanic was ineffective and sloppy, So I spent most of the game just running on the ground. I never even got the hang of the stupid weapon inventory system.
    The only redeeming feature was the naval battles. So there's hope for AC4. I don't know if the Caribbeans have any great architecture to climb though. That's really all Assassin's Creed ever came correct with.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Quote Originally Posted by Raoul Duke View Post
    I just wasted my time playing Assassins Creed 3. The worst game I've played in recent memory. The aesthetics, game mechanics and the setting were a match made in hell. A Mohawk, assassin parcouring his way through colonial settlements for the founding fathers is just as bad as it sounds. Even when ignoring the story the game play was ruined. The buildings were too plain and the whole tree climbing mechanic was ineffective and sloppy, So I spent most of the game just running on the ground. I never even got the hang of the stupid weapon inventory system.
    The only redeeming feature was the naval battles. So there's hope for AC4. I don't know if the Caribbeans have any great architecture to climb though. That's really all Assassin's Creed ever came correct with.
    I was worried that I was the only one who hated AC3. I didn't mind the setting too much, but pretty much every other aspect of this game was ass. I've always hated the overarching animus machine time travel bullshit, but I was able to ignore it in 2 and brotherhood (skipped revelations) because of how much I liked the historical characters, here everyone was just too unlikable for me to get involved with at all.

I was genuinely surprised by how poor the actual gameplay was though, I had an incredibly hard time doing anything with stealth, and the fighting (which has always sucked in AC) was especially bad here. I got through the 6 hour prologue (who thought that was a good idea), but after that I realized I wasn't having any fun and stopped playing...

On a much, MUCH more positive note though, I bought Bioshock Infinite and played through it this week and enjoyed it so thoroughly that I ordered up the art book and immediately started playing it again. You have to understand that Bioshock is easily my favorite first person shooter, and I've been looking forward to this one since it was first revealed over two years ago. I watched every video and read every piece on it since I first heard about it. In other words my expectation couldn't possible have been any higher for this game, and by GOD did it deliver.

I loved every second of Infinite. It took the basic gameplay perfected from the other Bioshock games and polished it to a fine sheen while adding a few new elements that significantly differentiate it from its forbears. More important is the inclusion of Elizabeth, easily the best NPC sidekick there has ever been (at least in any game I have ever played). And the story and setting...BRILLIANT. I would suggest this game to anyone with even a passing interest in its story, setting or gameplay, you will not be disappointed. This game is the real deal.

Remember, just because you have their attention doesn't mean you have their respect-Dale Gribble (from King of the Hill)
    Old Sketchbook 1
    Old Sketchbook 2
    Newest sketchbook

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I gotta pick up the first Bioshock. I just never seem to get around to that one. I know it's gotta be cheap as dirt right now.

29. The Following User Says Thank You to Raoul Duke For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Quote Originally Posted by wiggum View Post
    On a much, MUCH more positive note though, I bought Bioshock Infinite and played through it this week and enjoyed it so thoroughly that I ordered up the art book and immediately started playing it again. You have to understand that Bioshock is easily my favorite first person shooter, and I've been looking forward to this one since it was first revealed over two years ago. I watched every video and read every piece on it since I first heard about it. In other words my expectation couldn't possible have been any higher for this game, and by GOD did it deliver.

I loved every second of Infinite. It took the basic gameplay perfected from the other Bioshock games and polished it to a fine sheen while adding a few new elements that significantly differentiate it from its forbears. More important is the inclusion of Elizabeth, easily the best NPC sidekick there has ever been (at least in any game I have ever played). And the story and setting...BRILLIANT. I would suggest this game to anyone with even a passing interest in its story, setting or gameplay, you will not be disappointed. This game is the real deal.
    That's funny because I found Bioshock Infinite to be a massive disappointement, despite that I was really hyped for it for several years. Gameplay was very tedious and mediocre overall, as the story also hardly made sense. The aethetics were the only good part of the game to me.

Though on a positive note, that disappointement won't stop me to buy the Art of Bioshock Infinite book, which contains pretty good illustrations, as a reference and inspiration both.

31. The Following User Says Thank You to druesnant For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Quote Originally Posted by druesnant View Post
    That's funny because I found Bioshock Infinite to be a massive disappointement, despite that I was really hyped for it for several years. Gameplay was very tedious and mediocre overall, as the story also hardly made sense. The aethetics were the only good part of the game to me.

Though on a positive note, that disappointement won't stop me to buy the Art of Bioshock Infinite book, which contains pretty good illustrations, as a reference and inspiration both.
    hmm....I was talking to a guy yesterday that had the same basic opinion of it. I must say I simply can't understand that point of view, I think this is my favorite game since Skyrim.

While I couldn't disagree more, I can respect a difference of opinion, and I do salute you for playing it all the way through before offering criticisms.

Remember, just because you have their attention doesn't mean you have their respect-Dale Gribble (from King of the Hill)
    Old Sketchbook 1
    Old Sketchbook 2
    Newest sketchbook

33. The Following User Says Thank You to wiggum For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Demon's Crest-It's too bad that this flopped when it first came out because this has the best balance of aesthetics, atmosphere, and gameplay.

Treasure Hunter G-Another overlooked classic, this time by Sting and Square (Enix). The official artwork for this game looks dated even by mid-'90s standards, but it still looked nice and plays great. This is a definite must play for anyone into 16-bit RPGs.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Members who have read this thread: 1