Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Just played

Thanks
    Thanked 1,779 Times in 850 Posts

Just played

I just finished farcry 2. It took me about a month to finish it. I've just been playing a couple hours every couple days. For such a long game they sold it short. You can tell they were taking the time to develop it right and then rushed it through the final stages. But it's still a fun game. Any game where I wind up blowing everything up and setting everybody on fire every mission is a good game. Too bad they left out a quick travel system and you can't save whenever you want. The roads are long and I averaged at least 2 skirmishes just traveling between locations. Another thing that held it back was the undercut storytelling. The story is pointless and nihilistic. All the voice actors rush through the dialogue and mumble in thick accents. It was as if they wanted to get it over with, because nobody cared. For the most part I'd just go to the mission location, reign chaos and then figure out what the damn objective was supposed to be. I can't complain too much about a game that I bought for $10 and was a month long tactical rampage.

I can't wait for farcry 3. That game looks like they learned from their mistakes storywise. I just hope they keep it an open world arson fest.
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
  3. The Following User Says Thank You to Raoul Duke For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    I just started to play again Vindictus (Mabinogi heroes) one of those free to play mmos, i really don like that kind of games. The gameplay of games like World of Warcraft and his clones is boring as hell, but Vindictus is fast paced-action rpg oriented, so it is really fun.
    The bad part is, i dont have almost time to play, and the game is Korean, if you catch my drift. xD
    "Every champion was once a challenger who refused to give up"

Sketchbook

Deviantart

Facebook

Thanks
    Just finished playing Darksiders: War, this weekend.

Pretty solid game in every aspect, and a huge respect to the Art team.
    My SketchBook

--Wait, whut? --
    Anonymous

Thanks
    Thanked 1,557 Times in 608 Posts
    Lester the Unlikely. Yeah, it's bad. I just wanted to see how far I could go.

Thanks
    I just gave up on Deus Ex:human revoloution. The game was pretty good in spite of the lame ass main character. He really reminded me of a shit knock off of Neo. The game has a good balance between open world and linear narrative, but the subject matter is just so up it's own ass. The gameplay is great, but the boss battles are the turd in the punch bowl. I had to give up on the third boss. I looked up a walk through on it to see if I was using the wrong strategy and nope, That battle just sucks.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,914 Times in 835 Posts
    Finally got a new decent computer so I can catch up on all the games I've been missing. Played through Batman Arkham Asylum and Arkham City. Story was good enough, sort of what you'd expect from a super hero game. But gameplaywise it was really fun.
    "I've got ham, but I'm not a hamster"

Sketchy Link

Portfolio

Thanks
    I didn't play Arkham Asylum. But I though Arkham City had an amazing story. This isn't saying much but I thought it blew any other comic based video game out of the water and far surpassed most AAA games in terms of story telling. I'll go even further and say it was even better than Dark Knight Rises. I thought the aesthetics were a little tacky, but that's a matter of taste.
    Last edited by Raoul Duke; September 23rd, 2012 at 11:44 PM.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,557 Times in 608 Posts
    I really need to play Arkham City. I played Arkham Asylum years ago. It's decent (though kinda short) but that game's main detriment is that it's basically Metroid, but with Batman. The mechanics feel right. The gadgets, hiding in the shadows, fighting crooks, that's all there. But the thing that holds it back is that you're in a closed world where you explore room to room. There's nothing wrong with that, but that's not what you want from Batman.

It's possible that it was their experimental stage to perfect the mechanics before moving it into an open world, but either way, Arkham City is supposed to be EVERYTHING you'd want out of a Batman game, to a T. And having played the first, I'm not surprised with all the praise the sequel got. It only needed one change in environment and exploration to be one of the greatest licensed video games of all time.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,009 Times in 538 Posts
    I played a bit of Borderlands 2 with a friend. Seemed good. Not OMFG THIS IS GODLIKE. As some people portray it. But it's good.

Personally.... despite a lot of hate from the old fans I'm waiting for Resident Evil 6. It's more actiony yes. But I liked it. Playing with a friend online especially. 3 stories each 70% as long as RE5, might be a hidden singleplayer campaign if not more hidden stuff. Chris' story is action, Leons is the classic RE but some people it wasn't up to snuff and Jakes was a mix.

The problem with people judging the demo is just that..... it's a demo. Play the first stage of RE4, it's just killing a bunch of villagers in one area. Not exactly suspense thriller. RE games in general have been more actionish. Then with the actual story it makes sense for it to be moreso because shit's evolving.

Thanks
    Oh sweet dear. This looks amazing. Too bad I don't own a PS3. It's hard to believe it's running in real time.
    Last edited by Raoul Duke; September 24th, 2012 at 08:54 PM.

Thanks
    Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword- It's a great game, but the controls could have been tighter.

Oniken- Also great, but it's not something to be played on a keyboard.

Rosenkreuzstilette FreudenStachel- Judging by the demo, I have to say that Womi has done a great job and will suggest that you check it out.
    The Louisianian Sketchbook You can Comment and Criticize if you want.
    My Newgrounds Profile Warning: Politically Incorrect thoughts, view at your own risk.
    My Facebook Site I stopped using it years ago.
    Louisianian artists thread If you're from or live in Louisiana, don't hesitate to post here.
    My Profile Nothing else needs to be said.
    Trillian: Zenithian Oh, and I am also a GNASH supporter/promoter.

Thanks
    Just finished KoA: The Reckoning. I got it only for the armor/weapon designs, and I don't regret it - they are brilliant! The gameplay was pretty good too, only complaint are the way too many side quests.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,914 Times in 835 Posts

I didn't play Arkham Asylum. But I though Arkham City had an amazing story. This isn't saying much but I thought it blew any other comic based video game out of the water and far surpassed most AAA games in terms of story telling. I'll go even further and say it was even better than Dark Knight Rises. I thought the aesthetics were a little tacky, but that's a matter of taste.
    Well. I'm not saying the story was bad or anything. It was solid writing. But I can't say I exactly felt mind blown by it either. It was super heroes battling super villains, doing their usual thing. And the plot twist towards the end when you found out who the real mastermind behind it all was felt kind of... pointless. It's also a bit hard to feel something when you see a comic book character die, because you know they're probably gonna show up later one way or another anyway. And of course, every woman in the game/batman universe is super sexy and flirting with batman. And yeah. I agree about the aesthetics. But it also managed to look really good at the same time, so...
    "I've got ham, but I'm not a hamster"

Sketchy Link

Portfolio

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast