FZD School October 2012 International Students?

Join 500,000+ Artists

Its' free and it takes less than 10 seconds!

Join the #1 Art Workshop - LevelUpJoin Premium Art Workshop

Thread: FZD School October 2012 International Students?

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

FZD School October 2012 International Students?

I don't know if this is the right place to post this, and I apologize if it isn't. Usually schools have their own forums for accepted students from out-of-town to find one another. Unfortunately FZD doesn't, so....... yeah.........

I was wondering if there are any other international students who will be attending the FZD School of Design for the upcoming October intake, aside from myself, frooshanty and ct2ulao. We've been investigating housing and were wondering if there was anyone who was also looking for a place to stay. OR, if any of the June intake students are looking for roommates.

I know we've already asked in the main FZD thread, but no one seems to be replying. I don't know if that's because no one else is attending as an international student or because people don't check the thread often and aren't aware that there have been replies (which I know happens to me from time to time, even when I set the notifications on).

Please do let me know asap if any of you are interested in finding a roommate for the October 2012 intake! Thanks

Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
    Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Quote Originally Posted by Ortsmor View Post
    Hi!

I have also been accepted to the October intake. I'm interested in shareing apartment with fellow classmates, but I haven't signed the contract yet, since I risk everything by doing so. I'm a bit nervous about it
    But it would be nice to stay in touch in case I decide to do so. I just have to consult with my relatives first and count all the money a few times, because if I'm short, me and possibly my relatives are screwed><

Btw, do you guys have deviant art or some page where I can see your work?
    It woould be kinda nice to see what other classmates have been up to
    Mine is ortsmor.deviantart.com if you are interested.

Kind Regards
    E-mail me at katmachiavelli@gmail.com and we'll go over everything.

However....... you should've signed the contract already. It takes 4-6 weeks for the student pass and visa stuff to process. They send you the forms after you acknowledge your acceptance to the program. Since it's already August 20th and this week there's a national holiday (which means nothing will get processed), you're very late. That should've all been dealt with ASAP as soon as you knew that you got in. I'd recommend contacting Elvira to see if you can still get all the paperwork taken care of prior to October 1st, when we're all required to be there.

At the end of the day, the money part is an investment, not a loss, especially with where you are at right now skill-wise. We're all taking out huge loans or borrowing from relatives in order to afford this, and we all plan on being able to pay that all back after graduation. Sometimes you have to spend money to make money.

Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

Members who have read this thread: 3