Thread: Concept Art

Thanks

Talking Concept Art

:cool: Yo! Peoples!

i was wondering if you could help me out with a project I'm doing at school

can you put you oppinions forth on the following:

THE ROLE OF CONCEPT ART IN TODAYS SOCIETY.

it would be fantastic if anyone could talk about some valid piont to do with the methods and media used in the production of various works, their perpose and a concept artist role within society!

THanx:p

Elok

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
    Thanks
    I don't have a great deal to offer in terms of my own perspectives on the subject, but here are a few things that might help you out...

Check out these two books: Citizen Designer edited by Steven Heller, and Screen by Jessica Helfand. Citizen Designer is my latest purchase and I'm just getting started on it, but it does touch on game design and school violence, which might help with your social role portion of the project. Screen is a collection of essays that deal with screen-based media and design, and although it deals primarily with graphic design (as Citizen Designer also does), some of the topics covered do have a place in all aspects of design, including concept art.

And here is a sample from Citizen Designer that might get you started:

"This decade finds us in a crisis of values in the United States. Our increasingly multicultural society is experiencing a breakdown in shared values --national values, tribal values, personal values, even family values-- consensual motivating values that create a common sense of purpose in a community.
    The question is: How can a heterogeneous society develop shared values and yet encourage cultural diversity and personal freedom? Designers and design education are part of the problem and can be part of the answer. We cannot afford to be passive anymore. Designers must be good citizens and participate in the shaping of our government and society. As designers, we could use our particular talents and skills to encourage others to wake up and participate as well."

Thanks

Thanx

Thanks man this is pretty helpfull

BUT i live in AUS and therefore any US stuff is relativly useless?!!

:mad:

but yeah thanx any way thats a big help

can you recomend any net sights that are informative?

ANYONE ELSE got somthing to say about the methods and media used within concept art these days?:chug:

Thanks

HELLO!!!!????

THERES BEEN LIKE 200 VIEWS AND KNOW MORE REPLYS

IS THERE NO ONE ELSE :mad: