something wrong !! help me with it

View testimonialsView Artwork
    Thanks
    Follows
    Following

something wrong !! help me with it

i painted this few days ago but i can't tell why it's not proportionally right!.
    please help me with it to improve . thank you

Attached Images Attached Images  
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
    Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I think you got the proportions ok. It's more about the structure. You should try to find some references at the same angle to check, but I think parts of the nose are not consistent with the orientation of the head. The face looks quite flat actually, if you look at the relative position of the forehead, the mouth, the chin etc.

My Sketchbook

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Zelrik For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 1,171 Times in 996 Posts
    Follows
    Following
    As Zelric, I think not proportions are your problem. We see much from the underside of the nose but the ear is facing totally towards us... Every part is viewed from a different view but the nose/ear pair seems to be the most obviously wrong to me.

It would be cool if you had someone to pose for you (it's actually just letting you to watch them from the angle you want ). This angle is a bit tricky using yourself... But there should be a way. It doesn't matter if the face you use is similar to the above, you just need basic information about how the features look like from a certain angle.
    It's a good practice to use a reference for something and another or your imagination for other things...
    I usually use my boyfriend if the angle is too tricky to use a mirror. But if he's not available, there's a program in posemaniacs.com:
    Click on the third item of the menu in the right to get a rotatable head!
    (It's called a "Hand viewer" due a historical reasons, it displays a male torso by default, there are a foot and a head and several hands).
    It's a bit tricky to get the exact angle you want but it surely can help sometimes. I use it a lot. A real head is much better, of course.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to shiNIN For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    thank you zelrik , it needs time and practice to start paying attention to every detail in the painting, now you made me start doing that; and i'm so grateful. god bless you.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    shinin i really really appreciate it , it's an amazing website that you gave me(happy).
    you are right about using a ref , sometimes i forget to do that or in another word i like to challenge my self but it's wrong ,yep . thank you for everything

Thanks
    Thanked 1,234 Times in 795 Posts
    Follows
    Following
    Actually I think it's pretty easy to analyze your own face from this angle if you have two mirrors - one set up to face you roughly from the side (and a little upwards) and a second one to hold in front of yourself and angle towards the other mirror so you can see what it's seeing. Ideally the side mirror would be a large, possibly full-length mirror and the second would be a smaller one you can hold in your hand.

Another online 3d model you can rotate is http://www.zygotebody.com/ , and you can turn the skin, nervous system, organs, and muscles on and off to see the anatomy underneath.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to dierat For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    dierat this is a good idea using mirrors . ill try that for sure .
    thank you for everything

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.