Art: new in town

Join the #1 Art Workshop - LevelUpJoin Premium Art Workshop

Thread: new in town

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Smile new in town

Hi there.

I'm actually new around and just wanted to greet you and ..well.. expose my portfolio Any feedback would help.

Thanks, and keep with your drawing

http://www.conceptart.org/?artist=gabiserg

Attached Images Attached Images  
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
    Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I like the sense of light you're giving in your pieces, not bad at all, but there are some troubles with composition here and there and you're not showing some real design or a finished illustration.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    love your portfolio man, some real impressive pieces.

@Hitsu//San
    can you be more specific, seems you know what your talking about, id like to see some more specific points on gabisergs composition. I hope to learn from what you have to say

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Sure no problem. He's not composing his images, that's all. Seems like he's putting the subject into the page to render it and nothing more. The problem with this attitude is that your painting will look very static and you're not guiding your viewer eyes at all like this. Why is this a problem? Because static images are boring, not involving, and by arranging your composition in a good way you can move your viewer eyes trough the page and let him focus on your subject or you can let him discover things all around the page with an high level of interest.

If you need to know something more i'll be glad to explain it.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Yeah,
    Thing I understand what do you mean Hitsu//san. Gasiberg, check out the perspective of your drawing in the first post... I don't feel it.

The lights are damn good on the character, but I don't see it on the background that seem really flat to me.
    It's like you was to boring to draw a background for your great characters, so you just paint a flat brown big dusty cloud and add two little things without perspective.

By adding elements such a castle on the right far away from the subject, or mountains, etc... you create a universe for your characters.

Think about that : The much important thing is to create a universe, or some characters? My response is the first one. You need to have a strong environment for your characters in order to draw us, until you do character designing only, of course.

I keep trying to learn how to draw since I was 3 years old... except that I just understand that I have to pratice and that's all.
    BTW i'm a french native speaker so my english can be really bad... I apologize...

Members who have read this thread: 1