Sketchbook: Rank Amateur Attempts *cough* "Art"
Join the #1 Art Workshop - LevelUpJoin Premium Art Workshop

Thread: Rank Amateur Attempts *cough* "Art"

Threaded View

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Rank Amateur Attempts *cough* "Art"

Howdy y'all! I'm old and I'm just starting to try my hand at "art". I use quotation marks because, let's face it, I'm so much of a beginner and, really, I'm just an imposter or something.

I did the usual crayons in a colouring book as a kid and the fingerpainting thing in kindergarten and advanced to the big girl brushes in, what, grade 2 or 3? I sketched a frog I dissected for biology class in grade 8. I attempted a water colour of a flower in a one-off class. And that's it. No sketching or drawing or painting or even doodling in all those years.

Until a couple of months ago when I decided to see if I could do digital illustration. The husband bought me a tutorial - quite a good one, too - to teach me how to use Illustrator. And lo and behold, I didn't absolutely suck. So I'm sticking with it.

And then about three weeks ago, I decided to give paper and pencil sketching and drawing a try. And lo and behold, I didn't absolutely suck. So I'm giving this a go, too. Why not, right?

I have no idea where this will go, but I'd like to become competent. I think that's a good and reasonable goal. So here I am.

Attached Images Attached Images    
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

Members who have read this thread: 1