Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread: What are your biggest fears and regrets

Thanks
    Thanked 5,793 Times in 1,165 Posts
    I listened to everyone around me that said you couldn't make a living out of an art-career and picked a career in biology instead of art... I was 18 and very susceptible. I regret not going into art to this very day, even more the more I draw it seems.
    "I wish to paint in such a manner as if I were photographing dreams" - Zdzislaw Beksinski
    My Happy Little Sketchbook, please check it out and help me get better!

My TUMBLR!
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,272 Times in 887 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by OmenSpirits View Post
    Was she hot or just doable?
    More importantly, was the option really there, or were you practicing Mormonism, or somethin'?

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Kamber Parrk For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    I regret starting with manga because it's an uphill battle reteaching myself how to draw. The best way I could describe it is if you had to rewire an electrical system and found that the last electrician had tied all the wires into big wire balls, likely to piss off whomever came after him. So, you have to sit there, taking everything apart, correcting his mistakes and still rewire the damn thing.

My biggest fear is that I'll eventually give up and submit myself to an eternity of suckdom.
    I have a sketchbook. Why don't you go look? http://www.conceptart.org/forums/sho...47#post3481447

Thanks
    Thanked 2,356 Times in 1,211 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by LotusSnow View Post
    I regret starting with manga because it's an uphill battle reteaching myself how to draw. The best way I could describe it is if you had to rewire an electrical system and found that the last electrician had tied all the wires into big wire balls, likely to piss off whomever came after him. So, you have to sit there, taking everything apart, correcting his mistakes and still rewire the damn thing.

My biggest fear is that I'll eventually give up and submit myself to an eternity of suckdom.
    It's an uphill battle for anyone to learn to draw whatever style they started with. Manga is not your problem. Learning to draw what you see is your problem, possibly coupled with the fact that you just don't seem to do it very often.

You don't need to unlearn anything to move on, you just need to pick up some new skills and knowledge.
    *** Sketchbook * Landscapes * Portfolio * Store***

"There are two kinds of students: the self-taught and the hopeless."
    - Dr. Piotr Rudnicki

7. The Following User Says Thank You to vineris For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    I regret not believing in myself more & always feeling everyone is much better than me.
    || CA Sketchbook || DeviantArt || Tumblr ||

Bullets of Justice caps Evil's ass...

Thanks
    It's natural to all artists just a phase you're going through you'll get there as long you keep drawing

Thanks
    Thanked 4,258 Times in 2,074 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by battlebattle View Post
    that i started drawing at all.
    i put a lot into art, both effort wise and financially and im no closer to achieving my goals than when i was 4 and began dreaming them up.

its realistically looking like its not going to happen, and i regret making that decision.
    I regret not seeing this post sooner, so I know how to deal with this person's piss poor attitude.

11. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Arshes Nei For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    I regret not starting younger, if I had "woe to you oh earth and sea" I'm 42 and only been at it about 4years, I still feel like I'm a beginner, and to those young whippersnappers that complain, I'm 18, or I'm a Feotus is it to late for me lol damn, I hate that.
    oh yeah and there was this one girl that I regret...actually there were a few...Oh regret memories if only.

Thanks
    I regret not standing up for myself when I had to and being overconfident which stopped me from observing my surroundings. I also regret listening to others and thinking that art was worthless because many think it is just ''playing". My biggest fear is showing my art to my family, I've never liked that!

Thanks
    hey Pio yeah I know where your coming from my wife thinks its a hobby for me, and I hate that she thinks its a hobby, cause its way bigger then that to me, she even says hobbie to piss me off lol, its one of the only things I enjoy doing and like a said, I regret starting later in life, keep at it mate...

Thanks
    Thanked 1,009 Times in 538 Posts
    I never liked showing art to family and friends because it's always "Oh Wow that's amazing. Did you go to art school? Wish I could do that. etc etc".

Almost never honest constructive criticism. Asspats are nice. But I was asspatted constantly until I came here years ago and realized "Oh.... .. I should practice more. I'm ... not.... the shit?"

Thanks
    JFierce Yeah I know I get it to I want honest criticism to but friends and family never want to tell you straight up and then when I tell them its not good they say sell that art as usual its sickening

another thing I regret is asking stupid questions when I know the answers

Vinicam is offline Five percent inspiration and ninety five percent transpiration.
    Thanks
    My greatest fear is to let unfinished another try at doin something with my life. Already left architecture and biology, can't be wrong this time AGAIN.

Quote Originally Posted by Amarok View Post
    I regret going to university for something I don't care about at all when I couldn't afford art school.
    Quote Originally Posted by LORD M View Post
    I listened to everyone around me that said you couldn't make a living out of an art-career and picked a career in biology instead of art... I was 18 and very susceptible. I regret not going into art to this very day, even more the more I draw it seems.
    I still regret this... And probably will always regret, even more when I see people like Miles who started to take art seriously with 13~14 years. But I still don't know how a kid can be that focused on something, when there are so many things new in that stage of life.

Quote Originally Posted by udonhead View Post
    I also regret not saving money, spending supplies because I thought it would make my art improve significantly,and not being more determined and ambitious in the past now I got a slow start at life but hey I'm still young so its not too late
    Yeah, earlier this year I sold my Intuos4(large) almost unused because "I didn't have time to use it". Now I want another one and can't afford to buy a new and can't find a used one to buy. Bad decisions everywhere... ¬¬

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast