What are your biggest fears and regrets - Page 3
Join the #1 Art Workshop - LevelUpJoin Premium Art Workshop

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: What are your biggest fears and regrets

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Worry is soul suicide my friends. Shut fear and worry out, keep the head high, and keep walking the righteous path when you follow your dreams. Keep pushing boldly through the dark times, that is true man- and womanhood. Then, even if you fail in this worldly game, victory is yours. How can you lose if every act is committed in righteousness and honesty?
    We are so concerned with art, that we often forget to think about life. Then doubts and weakness creep in, because we have not sheltered us with some understanding of life. I just wanted to wish you all well in your pursuit, especially those who are chaught in a deep struggle. Keep going. Prepare and expect to never succeed. That is not important. It is not important that a ship sinks. Many do. The only important thing is how you walk your path. Reaching the travel destination is secondary.

Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

Thanks
    Thanked 2,122 Times in 871 Posts
    Follows
    Following
    Fears and regrets are about as useful to the artist as wallowing in loneliness is to the hermit who's trying to find their soul-mate...

3. The Following User Says Thank You to OldJake666 For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I worry sometimes that I will be stuck in stupid jobs like I am now, not able to pay off my debts and still having to rent a house instead of owning one of my own...

I regret not working harder with my time off from work. I've read a lot of books on art, but I haven't done much or drawn enough I feel. I also think I would have been better off going to the art school instead of the Graphic Design course I took. I am finding that, even though I enjoy Graphic Design when I can find a job in it, I'm probably more of an illustrator or something like. At least I went into something art related haha.

Don't regret starting out in an anime/manga style, as it did get me back into drawing. and I can't really blame myself for when I was a child and thinking to myself that I should stop drawing and let my brother do it all since he was really good at it. he still is really good. It kind of makes me jealous... but we have two different ways of drawing so it shouldn't too much.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I am afraid that I've missed my chance at going to art school. Now that I'm supporting myself, every rent check seems one step further away from being able to attend.

I regret not applying to schools that weren't my dream schools. I aimed too high, got rejected, and I'm spending yet another year trying to sort it out on my own. If I had just gone somewhere else I'd nearly be finished with a degree, and I know I would have increased my skills much further.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Well shit this thread is thoroughly damn depressing. Okay, one of my biggest regrets is not trying harder when I was at the college I went to for Art. I didn't piss it all away, but I certainly could've put my mind to certain things more than I did.

Doctors heal you, Artists immortalize you.

"Those who can, do. Those who can't, teach" - bullshit.

The usual staples for anatomy:
    George Bridgman
    Joseph Sheppard
    Andrew Loomis

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Not many regrets, the main ones that I've had, have either become meaningless or worked themselves out in new and interesting ways. Some "Darnit, why didn't I have a better comeback" moments . My biggest fear is that one day when my stepdad dies and maybe I will be having a life somewhere too far away to visit often, that my mum will be alone.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I regret having voted for the wrong political party.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Lucky for me I didn't have that problem with my family and friends. My Uncles and my sister was extremely brutal.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I think it's very counterproductive to have regrets in the first place but...

My biggest regret is wasting my time and not thinking about my future when i was younger. On the other hand, back then, my future looked a lot brighter so it made sense not to worry about it much.

Also i regret taking seriously menial jobs in the past. I think i would have had much more fun if i didn't care.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Quote Originally Posted by Nestoronfire View Post
    I think it's very counterproductive to have regrets in the first place but...

My biggest regret is wasting my time and not thinking about my future when i was younger. On the other hand, back then, my future looked a lot brighter so it made sense not to worry about it much.

Also i regret taking seriously menial jobs in the past. I think i would have had much more fun if i didn't care.
    dont feel bad I wish I was more determined was I was younger to lol

Sketchbook

Everything is permitted

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.