first post update 06/23/04
Join the #1 Art Workshop - LevelUpJoin Premium Art Workshop

Thread: first post update 06/23/04

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

first post update 06/23/04

This is my first post on a forum of any kind so I apologize if itís out of place. This is some older stuff I did but itís fair to say that anything Iíve done recently isnít much better. Mostly I just pencil sketch but I have been trying my hand at a little Photoshop now and then. The last one is roughly based on something I saw in a magazine but it was so many years ago I canít remember where or who it was by. So if anyone can help me out with that it would save my ass from plagiarism.

Comments and critiques are welcome and needed.

Mike

Last edited by BlueLights; June 23rd, 2004 at 04:12 AM.
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    the coloring you did for the iron helmets are great!
    some of your sketches are ok....

Do you know the muffinman?

Originally Posted by creatix
    Once you understand what the word "stupid" means - age is no longer a valid excuse for being that way.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    My fav is the second one... design wise... I'd keep working on him. You're lines are very soft... try making them darker... If you're style is more realistic and less comic book then I would darken the shadows. Don't be afraid of attacking the paper... :rambo:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Welcome on board!

I like what you have there. One can see that you usually use the pencil for your sketches. Very smooth shading!
    I especially like that second guy. He has style. Both of the figures have some minor anatomical issues but they don't affect the pics as a whole

The thing that strikes me most about your stuff is that each picture lacks a definite light source. Except the PS helmets maybe. But you said that you had ref for that.

I'd say as a next step try and use a single lightsource in your sketches. Make lightstudies. That will make you think about form more and will make your pictures kick ass

Keep it up!

- http://www.stephanart.com -

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    MuffinMan: thanks man, itís nice to here from artists that my stuff has potential.

Thek0n: yeah ok, maybe Iíll give him another try putting your advise into action. Thanks.

Stephan: from what Iíve been hearing around the CA lately, anatomy issues means go back to the basics. So after this post Iíll be putting some serious pencil to paper in some life sketching and looking for ways to improve that pesky light source problem. Thanks for the critique.

So some portraits, which have problems of their own, and three ship designs that may or may not have been used in a home made computer game. I havenít heard anything about it from the developer so I hope I can post these without him getting pissed off at me.

Mike.

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.