Perspective Haters, Behold!
Join the #1 Art Workshop - LevelUpJoin Premium Art Workshop

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Perspective Haters, Behold!

ALL OF THE FOLLOWING IS FROM WWW.CTRLPAINT.COM

So Matt Kohr of http://www.ctrlpaint.com has released some free videos on drawing in perspective.

He is tackling one of the most difficult and rewarding things to master in concept art, to teach... In my opinion.

Here they are, if your having trouble with drawing in perspective, or just starting it. Definitely check these out!

EDIT: oh and here is a great video on making Straight Lines in Photoshop, really basic and he missed one important thing (shift clicking lines) but its all in the comments. http://www.ctrlpaint.com/straight-lines/

- Perspective Sketching

- Horizon Line and Viewpoint Worksheet for video, Worksheet for video(Printer Friendly)

and my favorite...
    - Form, Not Shape

For the more comprehensive videos on drawing in perspective, you can buy them here: Ctrl+Paint Store

--

I bought the video "Basic Rendering" early this year, and personally I thought it was well worth the asking price. *If you have any questions about that video and had your eye on it, I'd be glad to answer.

Be sure to check out the whole website if this is your first time seeing it.

Also again, none of this is my material this is all made by Matt Kohr of ctrl+paint.com
    nonbody paid me to promote this. I just noticed nobody else posted this on the site and these videos are recent and perspective is reallllly something you want to learn in the correct way.

Does this belong in the tutorials section of the forum? Hell i almost put this in the lounge since it always has more users viewing and I thought it would catch the eye of some procrastinating artists like myself.

Last edited by Shahan; August 12th, 2012 at 03:49 PM.
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Shahan For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Who hates perspective? Perspective's great. Carl Dobsky's pretty great too.

Jordan Beeston
    Sketchbook Livestream Infinity Wars
    Blessed are they who see beautiful things in humble places where other people see nothing. - Camille Pissarro

Quote Originally Posted by kev ferrara View Post
    We do transmutational yoga and eat alchemy sandwiches and ride flying unicorns of esoteric freudian solipsism while googling anthropology. Whee!

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Beeston For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Quote Originally Posted by Beeston View Post
    Who hates perspective? Perspective's great. Carl Dobsky's pretty great too.
    ooooh looks great! looks like an approach that would build a solid foundation. Thanks

also... funny intro xD

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Quote Originally Posted by Shahan View Post
    He is tackling one of the most difficult and rewarding things to master in concept art, to teach... In my opinion.
    So, you really think perspective is harder than, say, anatomy, life drawing, design, composition, colour? Perspective is a well-delineated topic: there is the basic idea of 1,2,3 point perspective, how to construct and measure, with some advanced techniques like measure points and projections, and that is all. You can study it from one good book.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    "Hate" perspective? Really? Anyone like that probably doesn't want to be drawing, or at least won't get very far, for, as a wise man once said,"There is hidden perspective in everything we will ever draw."

okay, it was Loomis.

"Three's so little room for error."--Elwell

Thanks
    Thanked 1,273 Times in 887 Posts
    Follows
    Following
    From the brief intro, the instructor seems to rely heavily on pre-made grids-- whether digital or printed.

Not that that's a bad thing.

But, I'd have to see a bit more to weigh it against Dobsky-- whose promo stuff, that I've seen, is pretty solid.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,010 Times in 539 Posts
    Follows
    Following
    It's probably just for better instruction for beginners. I know seeing it on a grid helped me get it easier when I was trying to first learn perspective rather than trying to wing it.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Quote Originally Posted by JFierce View Post
    It's probably just for better instruction for beginners. I know seeing it on a grid helped me get it easier when I was trying to first learn perspective rather than trying to wing it.
    I agree, I don't think perspective is something people really struggle to slowly learn and master, this is just trying to foster a better introduction to it.

TinyBird is offline Why you gotta be an angry burd Level 16 Gladiator: Spartacus' Retiarii
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,657 Times in 1,619 Posts
    Follows
    Following
    Quote Originally Posted by Cory Hinman View Post
    "Hate" perspective? Really?
    Admittedly I dislike doing perspective because it uses rulers and straight lines and... THINGS which forever reminds me of math which I do truly hate. It's like the worst class in school is trying to invade the best class in school. You know, kinda like loving eating peanuts but then you once throw up after eating peanuts and the taste of peanuts is forever tainted.

"I eat comics and poop stylization"
    Comic!
    Sketchbook (Critiques, no compliments please.)
    Tumblr
    Website
    Livejournal
    DeviantArt

Members who have read this thread: 3