Character of the Week #299
Design the ghostly members of the royal court!!
DEADLINE: SUNDAY 19th August 8PM GMT+1 (9PM British Summer Time)
Check your timezone!
We're getting really close to the big one now so we've extended this week to a two week challenge.
The most important thing a monarch needs is a royal court, so this challenge is all about creating the court of the next king or queen. However, this court has one very special rule: All of it's member have died serving the realm.
Each courtier is forever in the state at which they died (EG: Drowned=perpetually wet / shot with a cannon=cannon shaped hole in body)
You need to show that the courtiers are dead, how they died, and what role they actually serve in the court (Jester, Handmaiden, Guard, Nobleman etc)
As this is a two week challenge, you are welcome to design more than one courtier, as long as they are all presented in a single final image.
- Can be male of female
- Must be clearly dead/ a ghost
- Must show how they died
- Must show their role within the court
- Can be more than one, but must be presented in the same final image
In addition to the brief, if you do not follow these rules, you will not be included in the poll.
- Files must be named: CHoW#299_Username
(Files with any other names such as final.jpg or even chow299final.jpg will not be accepted)
- Finals must be posted in the finals thread BEFORE the deadline
- Final post must include the CHoW number and the artists username at the bottom of the image
- At least 3/4 of the focus character must be visible
- Final images must be accompanied with a basic character sheet in a separate image
Character sheets should at the very least show a sketch of the front and back of the character and a couple of early thumbnails/silhouettes.
- Follow the brief!