ChOW#299 :: Ghostly Courtiers - Page 3

Join 500,000+ artists on ConceptArt.Org.

Its' free and it takes less than 10 seconds!

Join the #1 Art Workshop - LevelUpJoin Premium Art Workshop

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
    Thanks
    Seeing everyone's works so far put me in kind of pinch.. I hope I could finish mine in time. XD;

Although I can't help to notice something..

Chuchuan, there's a glaring mistake in your back view. It won't be a big deal if you make the design symmetrical but wouldn't the broken jousting pole (which is on our left on the front view) be on our right on the back view? The armor's design is inverted as well so I hope you fix that soon.

Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
  3. The Following User Says Thank You to Noctisette For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    I hope I'll finish it in time

Attached Images Attached Images  

Thanks

warrior

malong

Thanks
    Thanked 1,398 Times in 388 Posts
    Some really bizarre courtiers in here.
    eldridge
    Very nice costume detail.

7. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to JanJager For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Here's my start. He's an Ancient Egyptian Cup Bearer to either the Pharaoh or the Queen, who met an untimely end with some poisoned wine. My idea is to show that he died a slow and painful death as a result of the poison, became emaciated... it will be a challenge though getting it to read as poison and not as just being "ghoulish." In any case, I'm having fun and am excited about finally joining in on CHOW. There's always such great work going on in here!

~ Shane

Thanks
    Everythings looking really awesome on here, keep up the good work everyone Heres what i've been working on, a few brainstorming thumbnails: A disembowled guard, a messenger riddled with arrows and a jester who seems to have misplaced his lower jaw (If there was more room he would've been juggling it.)

Thanks
    Noctisette Yeah you're totally right! as you can see i have a little bit of problem drawing people from the back, I'll fix it...

Thanks for the helpful comment!

Thanks
    BozoTheClown - Haha, I love the idea with the juggler juggling his jaws!

ThreedyModeler - This is a pretty cool idea, looks amazing so far, can't wait to see more!

Janjager - Wow I really love the colours you use, I like the guy on the right, it's kinda a funny way to die and beautifully depicted!

Smael - This is pretty cool, will look even cooler when all bloody (if you are planning to colour it that is) the only thing is his right arm looks a little weird, I dunno, I think it needs to look a little fatter.

ChaosTheory - Nice sketch, really looking forward to what you do next!

"Draw me like one of your French girls."

My Blog > http://louisasepiphanies.blogspot.com

12. The Following User Says Thank You to xLouisax For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    So, i think i'll be back to the challenges, long time without one. So, here is my little review (late, of course) of this match so far:

nim - Your queen seems very angry about her situation, i liked her hair.

catas_trophyboy
    - hey dude, nice you got interest on the challenges, for me they are the best way to improve your skills.
    Is your guy hold the Jafar's staff? Anyway, i liked the work on the line weight. And welcome to CA!

Seth-D-Forbes
    - Nice silhouette. The design is also very balanced for me, hope to see this one finished.

Havok Reed - Nice knight, it was my frist idea to do a knight also, i think it kinda carries on my latest try.

Rist - Man, your guy is really screwed, lol. I liked the backstory, maybe you could give him a more serious look, as he is
    a seductive guy, who knows?

Ironbyte - Great deal with the intial values, maybe you could add something more hellish to him, as said in your BG.

Spellsword95 - Great mood and dramatic sense, careful with the glowing eyes, specially if you want a more gloomy look.

Rachel Pierce
    - Liked the pose and the gloomy colors. Be careful with the balance, you figure is too good to fall on the floor, keep it up.

RaynaCendre - I liked the pose, but maybe you could do the right arm a little less straight, overall very good.

JanJager - Killer piece man! it reminds zorn and thron from FFIX. Great sense of color, Congrats.

NickyBeats - I already checked your work before dude! Hope you can finish this guy!

obier - Awesome pose and mood, excited to see this in final version...

kliest - This funny look along with all the design patterns you did made this guy already very good,
    also the work on the silhouete only enhances it.

chuchuan
    - Agreed about the side of the wound. Bu anyways, for me is already better than your first design.

nocozo - Liked the composition, not too much to say for this one, just keep it up.

Caspia - Nice sketches, i personally like most the second, maybe because of the color pallete, but the pose on the first is way better.

xLouisax - Same thing i said to chuchuan about the design patterns, keep it up.

Seth-D-Forbes - It may be too early to go on the details, what is the thing the piece is lacking for me, over all is nice, maybe some
    changes on the color pallete could help also, it seems too monochromatic (for me), but depending on your taste and desire for the final result, it is not a big deal. Keep it up.

Dranyer - killer sketches man! very hard to judge the best thumb os whatever, your final will be awesome anyways.

Stinkfist - Don't worry too much about similar work, you still can make it your way and be unique, just keep fiding references and trying to get your best.

Hyunjae - Nice sketch, did you made the squid on her dress on purpose? It looks strange but is nice at the same time, lol.

jacobanderson - Gore stuff you got there, it is always interesting to see renderings for these things, keep working.

Dayle - Nice Figure and composition, just don't understand very well what is happening with her legs ( not in the sheet, but in the dynamic pose)

eldridge - This one is really scary, for me would fit well in a game like Shadow hearts.

Pixeltuner - Nice Redenrings and nice backstory dude! Mine is going to the same direction in terms of rendering.

FlyingPenguin - Awesome dude! wish i had this sense of color, also the proportions and expressions are amazing.

SeverdHead - I liked the mage, not only because of the pose, but because he does look like more a ghost that the skeleton guy, anyways, keep working.

M!CK - Very Nice. Values are great an the lighting scheme seems to work very well, for me only a little fix on the composition and this is it.

Oceanic - Nice to see some Sci-Fi approach, and your color scheme is also very good.

ded - Nice silhouette and patterns, i'm curious about your BG.

ChaosTheory
    - Yo! i already checked your work before, and i really hope you finish in time.

smael - Nice Design dude. I'm not really sure about how the hood is fixed without the head... or it is an armor hood? Anyways, So far so good.

JanJager - Talk about nice color and mood! Keep polishing.

ThreedyModeler
    - Nice choice with the egyptian Scenario. Not too sure about the pose, but overall is very good.

BozoTheClown
    - Your third Thumb is the best for me, nice pose, moviment, etc.

So, here is my WIP:

I'm thinking on making more dynamic sheet and get this hat off.

Little BG - This guy is a gambler who got killed by cheating on a card game with the king.

Name:  chow wip sized.png
Views: 342
Size:  593.4 KB

Last edited by Caio Chagas; August 18th, 2012 at 06:08 PM.

14. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Caio Chagas For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    In my story, an evil enemy of the king and his orc army, one night attacked the kingdom, unexpected, as the wise mage counselor woke up, he prompted right away the king and queen to go to the castle main tower, altough the king wanted to fight the mage commended that the best option was to run, be, safe, on the way to escaping they found the most loyal warrior of the king, the most loyal halfling in all kingdom, the mage asked him to secure the door, and let no one enter, wich the half-ling promised with his life, inside the mage used all his forces to conjure a portal, sending the king and queen away, at that moment, the halfling flew trough the doors helmet smashed by one of the orcs of the villain, boards all over his body, death...with his final forces and attention rushing before one of the hammer of the orc hit him, leaving the "door" open, he speaked the final words and the portal closed, as the hammer hit him, crushing his head to pieces...as the mage died black invaded all the castle, as the villains escaped with the crown, with his army, all the people killed became "alive" again and the castle swore one last revenge upon the villain, and in his death, the mage became more powerfull than ever in living...controling all the ghosts in the castle, as his "death Army"

Well some nice introducing to explain the charather, in the image they have finally completed their vengeance, upon the villain, as the halfling, trespasses his lance through the villain body, secured by the ghosts controlled by the mage, and finally retrieving the crown from the "false king"

hope you like it, sugestions and critics welcomed!!! and if you want to use my story to give your characters, a place in it, i would feel very happy!!! as if all the death people on the thread were people of this cursed castle hehehe

Thanks
    ups forgot the image heheeh

Thanks

Thanks
    one more wip for tonight, tomorrow preparing character sheet and putting colour and background
    Comments and crits welcomed
    for some back story check 3 or 4 posts above!!!

19. The Following User Says Thank You to mcreation For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Here you are Now gonna make some character sheet for it

Thanks
    Caio Chagas : I love shadow hearts! well i was really aiming for her to look creepy so im happy

JanJager thanks hey you changed your concept? i like them both though haha what ever happened to the jester?

Thanks
    Thanks eldridge
    Cant make up my mind about this one.

23. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to JanJager For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    JanJager: I'm loving the new concepts man! really clever ideas and great rendering. The hunchback archery target is especially hilarious!

ChaosTheory: Nice concept , you might wanna try simplifying some of your shadow areas in the rendering.

did some more exploration. I had hoped to do a nice final illustration for this round but it doesn't look like I'm gonna have time.

Fatum Istum Stultorum ~Durandal
    sketchbook
    Blog
    Available for hire!

25. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Dranyer For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Dranyer How do you get your lines so clean?? for your line drawings? its one of my biggest frustrations.

My Sketchbook

Thanks
    Floopate: my line work is actually pretty messy in these sketches (they just look a little cleaner because they've been reduced in size). but as far as getting nicer or cleaner line-work it's mostly just a matter of a lot of practice resulting in more confident and more efficient mark making.

Fatum Istum Stultorum ~Durandal
    sketchbook
    Blog
    Available for hire!

28. The Following User Says Thank You to Dranyer For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    here is mine ,,,, jkust to do more details...and char sheet...

Thanks
    Just about finished now *sigh* Need to upload my wip and sort out my character sheet now...

Thankyou so much to everybody who have given me advice and suggestions! I always feel like I'm learning so much, especially reading what's going on in other people's posts too! Thankyouuu xxx

"Draw me like one of your French girls."

My Blog > http://louisasepiphanies.blogspot.com

Thanks
    Dranyer Hahaha! Alright, thanks for the tip. My linework is so messy sometimes i have to create a new layer and try to trace over the old one to try to get it neater... never really works. But ill try to keep in mind what you said about always practicing getting my lines neater and neater. Thanks!

My Sketchbook

Thanks
    I really like what you are doing Drayner

Thanks
    Here's my approach to this whole thing. I guess I wanted to do to much at once, and got lost somewhere.

My choice was a popular one as it seems, the falconer. He died together with his bird in a fire.

I did the left one in color first, but wasnt content with the pose, so I worked it over and ended up with the one on the right, with more comic-style proportions (notice the falcon looking like a grilled chicken). I was still not satisfied and worked on some silhouettes, ending up with a more painful pose, resembling the burning of the character.

It was a fun challenge, and very interesting to research the costumes and the bird.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Members who have read this thread: 2