Which university is best for computer animation?

Join 500,000+ Artists

Its' free and it takes less than 10 seconds!

Join the #1 Art Workshop - LevelUpJoin Premium Art Workshop

Hybrid View

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Question Which university is best for computer animation?

Hi my name is Jack and i'm very intrested in becoming a computer animator when I'm older. I would like to design video game cinimatics or films. If I really get good i'll "atempt" to seek a job in Japan because their video game companies are my favorite. The main things I want out of a university is: an Amazing computer animation program, and a Japanese minor education, plus realistic character creation. Someday I will try to make amazing cinimatics like those from final fantasy xiii. I just need help finding a good university. My top choices are... Ringling college of art and design, University of southern california. Any help will be greatly apreciated. Also, why is the art institute (ai) so bad?

Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Jarklor, USC really isn't that strong in computer animation probably to your surprise. They are very 2d oriented. The same can be said for CalArts.

If you want computer animation, the strongest schools are Ringling, School of Visual Arts in NY, Savannah College of Art and Design, Pratt Institute in NY, Rochester Institute of Technology.

If you don't want a college degree, Gnomon School of Visual Effects is widely considered the best trade school for 3d graphics.

Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.