er ... ppl in ... store :/

Join 500,000+ artists on ConceptArt.Org.

Its' free and it takes less than 10 seconds!

Join the #1 Art Workshop - LevelUpJoin Premium Art Workshop

Thanks

er ... ppl in ... store :/

if i wanted to take something like this and make it more like disney how could i do it?

how about the over all design of characters?

i attempted to look at various disney style artwork on the internet
    but i dont know if its coming together

disneys work reminds me of humberto ramos's stuff, except more tame. i imagine mr ramos may have been influenced by disney's work somehow

hmmm ... maybe i should have just took some disney pictures and resketched them instead. its not like im claiming IP just that i can draw that

Attached Images Attached Images  
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,687 Times in 1,646 Posts
    Fix that perspective first. Half of the things look to be in a different perspective, especially all the round things and the characters themselves.

"I eat comics and poop stylization"
    Comic!
    Sketchbook (Critiques, no compliments please.)
    Tumblr
    Website
    Livejournal
    DeviantArt

Thanks
    Making it 'more Disney like' is the least of your worries,study the fundamentals.Study actual shops..study actual people.

Formerly Ultimatum.

A smooth sea never made a skillful sailor.

Human beings, who are almost unique in having the ability to learn from the experience of others, are also remarkable for their apparent disinclination to do so."
    -Douglas Adams

Thanks

let me guess,

all previous problems, not even close to being resolved
    should just give up on drawing and stick to studying fundamentals instead

right?

---

yes i know i cant draw elipses ... or spell ... apparently ... -_-

Last edited by Neil-W2; August 11th, 2012 at 11:42 PM.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Neil-W2 View Post
    should just give up on drawing and stick to studying fundamentals instead
    Um... those are the same thing, you know?
    And perspective is one of the fundamentals too.

But... what is this image supposed to show? You just cropped it even more tightly and added couple red lines (and if they are supposed to be lines to vanishing points, you can clearly see that some things don't follow these lines, like the end of the counter). Work out where your horizon and vanishing points are. You work on a computer, you can increase the size of the canvas to show the vanishing points (even the third one) no matter how far apart they are.

Comic!
    Tumblr
    Website
    Livejournal
    DeviantArt

Thanks
    I'm not the best artist but I'll throw in my two cents. Besides the perspective, the other thing that sticks out to me is the girl's eye closest to us is waaay too big (it currently looks like it starts at the ear and goes all the way to the bridge of the nose) and her other one looks swollen shut.

Also, what's up with the wrist things? Are they part of a sleeve or a glove? The one closest to us looks like it's so big and loose it's going to slip off her hand soon.

Check out my sketchbook! Socially acceptable opportunity to yell at a teenage girl!

Thanks

if i wanted to take something like this and make it more like disney how could i do it?

how about the over all design of characters?

i attempted to look at various disney style artwork on the internet
    but i dont know if its coming together

disneys work reminds me of humberto ramos's stuff, except more tame. i imagine mr ramos may have been influenced by disney's work somehow

hmmm ... maybe i should have just took some disney pictures and resketched them instead. its not like im claiming IP just that i can draw that
    Uh. *squint* not all Disney films share the same style. 101 Dalmations is different from Beauty and the Beast, which is different from Snow White, which is different than Home On The Range, all of which are completely different than Sleeping Beauty. And let's not forget the Silly Symponies! The reason why it can seem like Disney has a 'house' style has to do with the characters - which are designed by the lead animators. (That's why there are so many similar character designs during certain periods.)

That being said, the composition overall is pretty weak. What is your storypoint?

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Alice Herring For This Useful Post:

Thanks

thanks tinybird, i clearly could not see the flaw in my perspective.

what i thought i might be able to do is take a scene and just zoom in on a particular part of it. but i think if you do something like that, the perspective is going to change and if that's not accommodated for its going to look weird

i felt that my characters were too static, and its like they weren't telling a proper story or something, like they were just standing their looking outwards. it was a little odd, so i tried to change it up a little bit

probably should have done like ... 50 sketches of Disney characters instead of doing something like this

---

sometimes it feels like im not really improving and that im just making the same mistakes over and over again. almost like im not really trying, like im just trying to suck

guess i should apologize, i must seem slow or something

Thanks
    So your characters are drawn at eye level, while the background is drawn below eye level. Again, what is your storypoint? What emotion are you trying to evoke?

Thanks

here's my
    I don't think very good attempt at
    fixing eye level characters

I'm sorry, I'm not sure I understand the concept of storypoint or evoked emotion

Thanks
    I'm sorry, I'm not sure I understand the concept of storypoint or evoked emotion
    Well, like what sort of story are you trying to show here and how are we supposed to feel about it? Like the previous pic shows the woman trying to buy something without money, which is something you can start with. Like what is she trying to buy (food? magical scrolls? a pet?), is it important and why, and why doesn't she have money, how you show it (she she actually poor or did her wallet just get stolen or is she a thief) and are we supposed to feel for the woman or not?
    Are we supposed to see the woman sympathetically and the store guy as a meanie or are we supposed to see her as a no-good thief, is the scene supposed to be dramatic, is it supposed to be funny...? And how does the viewpoint and composition convey that? Having the viewer so high kinda takes us away from any action that might be going on, as opposed to, say, being at the same level as the characters like we viewers were other customers at the shop.
    I look at the characters and I don't really see anything that would make me care for them or about what's happening. Without the speech bubbles it's just two characters standing.

Overall this just feels more like random background exercise that you pasted characters over.

Comic!
    Tumblr
    Website
    Livejournal
    DeviantArt

Thanks

hmmm ... yeah ...
    i suddenly feel like needing to redo this thing from scratch T_T

not certain how to convey some of these things in an image ...
    give it a shot though

Last edited by Neil-W2; August 19th, 2012 at 08:24 PM.

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.