Art: Pale.Grim's portfolio

View testimonialsView Artwork
    Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Pale.Grim's portfolio

My name is Egor Samoluk. I am studing engeneering in MSTU named after Bauman in Moscow, Russia, but i've always known that's not mine. I am self- taught artist and drawing for 2 years now.
    I am looking to start a career as concept artist in game development company after my graduation or a bit sooner (which is after 1 year).

I'm very passionate with painting and would love to hear feedback and appreciate any assistance!

Thanks too!

P.S. Sorry for my English.
    P.P.S. The fifth image from top (girl vs blue dragon-like creature) is a sketchy one and i'm a bit struggle with the direction to work on next to make it more finished and cooler and any advice would be helpful!

Thank you very much again!

Attached Images Attached Images                
    Last edited by Pale.Grim; August 20th, 2012 at 05:52 PM.
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
    Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    great work! The second and third one are my favourites!

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Alhaz For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Your work looks like it's definitely getting there. Within a year of serious studying and training, I have no doubt in my mind that you'll have companies calling you up for work

That said, it looks like you have some solid design sense, the mech glove arm design and the dress design are really well thought out, and a 3d modeler could easily take them to production level. I see a decent amount of anatomy study in your work, but for the things that are not entirely human (portrait of the green creature, the blue monster, and the dragon to much lesser extent) don't have a level of polish and reference that I feel your humans have. It would seem that if I asked you to draw the musculature and skeleton frames of these creatures, they would be passable, but not passable for a professional environment.

It looks like you're still learning a lot, and you're definitely on the right track with all of this. The best advice I can give you is to keep going with the fundamentals (anatomy, life studies, perspective, etc.). You're about 80% there, and with daily studying, it's going to just skyrocket. Hope this helps!

And for the fifth image, google image the kind of skin texture you'd like, study and paint it, and paint your character's skin likewise. Teeth need shading. And study master study portraits. It looks like you're still learning how light works (as am I), and the best way to learn this is how the masters made certain portraits convey certain feelings of comfort/tension/happiness/sadness/etc.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Your work looks like it's definitely getting there. Within a year of serious studying and training, I have no doubt in my mind that you'll have companies calling you up for work

That said, it looks like you have some solid design sense, the mech glove arm design and the dress design are really well thought out, and a 3d modeler could easily take them to production level. I see a decent amount of anatomy study in your work, but for the things that are not entirely human (portrait of the green creature, the blue monster, and the dragon to much lesser extent) don't have a level of polish and reference that I feel your humans have. It would seem that if I asked you to draw the musculature and skeleton frames of these creatures, they would be passable, but not passable for a professional environment.

It looks like you're still learning a lot, and you're definitely on the right track with all of this. The best advice I can give you is to keep going with the fundamentals (anatomy, life studies, perspective, etc.). You're about 80% there, and with daily studying, it's going to just skyrocket. Hope this helps!

And for the fifth image, google image the kind of skin texture you'd like, study and paint it, and paint your character's skin likewise. Teeth need shading. And study master study portraits. It looks like you're still learning how light works (as am I), and the best way to learn this is how the masters made certain portraits convey certain feelings of comfort/tension/happiness/sadness/etc.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Sizzle For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Sizzle,Thank you good sir for such kind words and good advice! Definetely gonna look in it!

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.