Shortcuts and border questions
Join the #1 Art Workshop - LevelUpJoin Premium Art Workshop

Thread: Shortcuts and border questions

Hybrid View

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Shortcuts and border questions

I have a few questions regarding shortcuts in CS5; I'm pretty new to this, but I've looked around before hand and couldn't really find an answer:

1.) As far as I know there are two ways to change brush sizes besides manually clicking and dragging the slider on the brush tool menu/palette: a.) Ctrl + the two brackets (two shortcuts used), and b.) Ctrl + Alt + Right Click + Drag left and right. Is there a way to modify the b.) shortcut, or is this fixed? I'm trying to accustom myself to the b.) shortcut but I'm not finding it intuitive, probably because I got used to Ctrl + Alt + Pen drag from SAI, IllustStudio has this on default too.

2.) Is there anyway to bind left click as a short cut in combination with other keybinds? (ex. Shift + left click = Zoom in, a + left click = Zoom out). Left click in this case is the pen tablet's pen tip. In the preferences keyboard shortcuts left click doesn't register.

3.) How do you drag the canvas out beyond the work space displayed? I'm not sure what the right term is, but if you try to drag the canvas (space bar + left click for hand tool) to the outer edges, it stops if you try to go out the border. In other programs like Paint Tool SAI, you can drag way outside of the work space of the canvas (The area is filled with gray outside of the canvas).

Thanks!

Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    For the question 3: toggle the view mode with f-key. Click once to get the normal view (it's normal to me) and second click changes the view to full screen mode where are no top menus or palettes visible. Third click gets back to the windowed mode.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Quote Originally Posted by KimBjork View Post
    For the question 3: toggle the view mode with f-key. Click once to get the normal view (it's normal to me) and second click changes the view to full screen mode where are no top menus or palettes visible. Third click gets back to the windowed mode.
    Thanks, that's close enough to what I was looking for

I think I'll just bind something for brush size changing in two shortcuts, seems like the other shortcut for it is fixed.. I can't find anything about changing it anyways.

What do you (right-handed) guys use for your brush size increase/decrease shortcuts?

I'm still wondering about binding left click as a keybind in conjunction with another key in shortcuts.. Someone told me before that he used it, but I can't find the guy anymore.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Quote Originally Posted by Aost View Post
    Thanks, that's close enough to what I was looking for

What do you (right-handed) guys use for your brush size increase/decrease shortcuts?
    I just use ctrl-option -keys and also it's programmed to one of my tablet's function key. That way I can just drag the brush size and hardness with my pen.

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.