Digital or Traditional?

Join 500,000+ artists on ConceptArt.Org.

Its' free and it takes less than 10 seconds!

Join the #1 Art Workshop - LevelUpJoin Premium Art Workshop

Thanks

Digital or Traditional?

Hello guys Im new here and I want ask question that is has bother me a lot xD.

I have many years drawing pixel art with the mouse and I bought a year ago Intuos4 and then I started draw animal human, anime etc.. But not pixel art.. And I want be a professional drawer...

Many people have said that if you want start Digital drawing you must learn first drawing with traditional art but my problem is that I dont like draw with traditional style and I have not even been practicing with paper an pen.. So If i want be a professional drawer can I start practice with my digital table or should I start drawing with traditonal drawing style that i dont like?

Im very sorry if this is wrong theard and thanks a lot for the answer..

Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
    Thanks
    Doesn't matter at this point. It only becomes relevant when time and money become factors in your intentions. " professional drawer..." I'm not familiar with this term, do you mean technical draftsman? Either way you don't have to start traditional in order to reach this goal.

There are some profound lessons you will learn starting out traditionally, but ultimately training your eye so see interpret and understand your subjects, while refining your hand to properly translate and execute the principles of design are cross disciplinary in both worlds.

Site
    BLOG

SketchBook

"it's much easier to scale up from simplicity than to scale back from complexity"

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Robert.B View Post
    Doesn't matter at this point. It only becomes relevant when time and money become factors in your intentions. " professional drawer..." I'm not familiar with this term, do you mean technical draftsman? Either way you don't have to start traditional in order to reach this goal.
    My bad..I mean professional digital artist..

Quote Originally Posted by Robert.B View Post
    There are some profound lessons you will learn starting out traditionally, but ultimately training your eye so see interpret and understand your subjects, while refining your hand to properly translate and execute the principles of design are cross disciplinary in both worlds.
    Can you tell me what profound lesson? Can i master them with tablet?

Members who have read this thread: 3