Intous 5 Touch vs non-Touch
Join the #1 Art Workshop - LevelUpJoin Premium Art Workshop

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Intous 5 Touch vs non-Touch

I am saving up for Intous 5 and about $200 (USD) short only. But one thing is bothering me. There are two versions available in my region. Intous 5 and Intous 5 touch with about $100 difference in price. I am talking about the medium size tablet.

Are the touch controls worth the price. I have bamboo fun pen and touch and practically have never used the touch but don't know if intous 5 has better touch or just an added feature from Bamboo line up.

Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

ikken is offline Her Wings Glow According To Her Mood Level 8 Gladiator: Thracian
    Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    what OS are you planning to use it with?..
    if windows it maybe is worth purchasing, and afaik intuos touch features are better than bamboo's
    if mac os, a separate touchpad will do a better job.
    photoshop and painter are touch-aware with the most recent versions, and it's neat, love touch-scrolling through the canvas in PS for example.
    I don't do it with tablet though.

keep in mind you'll have to send touch-enabled intuos to wacom to get surface sheet replaced if there's a need for that.
    with no-touch model you can do replacement at home, but wacom haven't even rolled replacement sheets out yet.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I love it. Altho I went from an intuos2 to a 5. QUITE A JUMP. But because of the kindle and ipod, it was only natural for me to use the touch features. They are great. But if you don't use them now, save your money.
    Also, I don't know if it's my mac, but I haven't had near the trouble others have had with touch.

www.findphil.com for a look at my older stuff
    www.facebook.com/vig.illustrationgraphics for recent stuff
    http://velikan.tumblr.com/ for the latest up-to-the-minute stuff, and process nonsense
    And finally, http://www.here-there-be-monsters.net/ is the place to be if you want to buy some of my work that has been kitted by the talented hand of Dave.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I am using Windows 7. Probably will stay on windows till I am able to get an iMac. I guess its a good feature if affordable otherwise it doesn't hurt in not having touch at all ( Previous Intous line up ).

Members who have read this thread: 1