Art: Toma Feizo Gas - professional portfolio WIP

Join 500,000+ Artists

Its' free and it takes less than 10 seconds!

Join the #1 Art Workshop - LevelUpJoin Premium Art Workshop

Thread: Toma Feizo Gas - professional portfolio WIP

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Thumbs up Toma Feizo Gas - professional portfolio WIP

Hi, my name is Toma Feizo Gas.

Trained as a classical animator, I am a professional with 10 years experience in entertainment arts - in production and direction roles.

I am currently taking time of for professional development, and will be attending the San Fran Massive Black workshop. I have recently indulged my interest in digital painting - and would now like to focus on intensive study to master my own artistic practice in this discipline.

I would like to improve my painting & rendering technique, increase my skill level so as to create top industry work, with all the subtleties of design, lighting and composition that are required. I would like to establish my own style, while creating work that would open doors to film & AAA game clients, as well as fantasy & sci-fi illustration.

My goal is also to broaden my design base, including much more environment/vehicle & cinematics work. Stylistically, I would like to achieve a more painterly feeling - focused on colour and light more than line and detailing - as well as creating more realistic looking concept artwork - veer away from my "cartoon" beginnings.

Thank you very much for this opportunity for feedback and direction, it is very much appreciated.

Cheers

PS - all images created within the last 8 months

Attached Images Attached Images            
    Last edited by eizOga; July 27th, 2012 at 12:23 AM. Reason: forgot some info
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
    Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    If possible a review of my rough work from my CA sketchbook would be awesome!

http://conceptart.org/forums/showthr...26#post3521126

Last edited by eizOga; August 7th, 2012 at 03:35 PM. Reason: spelling mistakes

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    i dont know if im qualified to critique this but i just want to congratulate you on the stupendous work. I want to see the whole folio once its in a document

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Wow!! ,The drawings are good and excellent.

Commission info
    If you interested, You can contact me via pm or deviantar note.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Hey hey!

The work looks awesome! But here's what I'm seeing in terms of wanting to get into the AAA industry and getting more realistic in your work. I'm on this same path, and if you're interested, hit me up at dsszilagyi@gmail.com for more help

MOVIN ON!

1) First, get real about WHAT you want to do. The mindset is that there is goddamn money everywhere, and it's in your happy shopping spree of life that you're going to do exactly the work that you want. I'm a horror guy. I love horror and creepy stuff and everything that's involved with that (silent hill, dead space, Cry of Fear, Slender, etc). I'm gunning for the end goal of that, and I got one of my biggest jobs just from people saying "I love your horror work, can you help us with our non-horror stuff?" Find dat inspiration, and love it hard.

2) If your inspiration's in the realistic side of things, too, then find the artists and the work that you're drawn to, and study it. Find old master paintings that you love and study the parts that you love from them, with as much real, intense studiousness as possible. If it's too intimidating, take the smallest piece that you're comfortable with, and build your mastery from there. Not comfy with drawing real eyes? Start with the top eyelid of a master portrait, blot it out and paint over it, take the next piece and do the same. Keep building your library of knowledge everyday for an hour or more, and after a month you WILL see the differences.

Hell, you might even start seeing that you want to learn different skill sets to fill out that inspiration you have. If you take a look at some of the environment work from Uncharted 2 and 3, they use tons of google sketchup and texturing to get their ideas across.

And finally, find your favorite artists and facebook/email/call them. From your background, it sounds like you have plenty of contacts to draw a TON of info and inspiration from. Who from my past can help me on this road to AAA title concept art action and other painterly endeavors? BAM. List goes forever

Am I coffee'd up and hyper as I'm writing this? Yes. Am I being serious about all of this and have I done them all and am still learning as I go? Yes. The world's out there, just begging to see what you're going to give it.

Again, if you need more info, dsszilagyi@gmail.com

Hope this helps!

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.