Brush Angle floater?

Join 500,000+ artists on ConceptArt.Org.

Its' free and it takes less than 10 seconds!

Join the #1 Art Workshop - LevelUpJoin Premium Art Workshop

Thanks

Brush Angle floater?

Hi everyone. I'm looking for a Photoshop extension that may or may not exist. Unless I'm missing something, there doesn't seem to be a way to adjust the brush angle without going into the Brush panel (or using a 6D art pen). Ideally the roundness could be tweaked as well. Possibly the spacing too.

For color selection I've been using PaintersWheel (and more recently Coolorus). I'd imagine something similar could be done for this.

Name:  Brush-rotation-floter.jpg
Views: 302
Size:  51.8 KB

~ ~ { My sketchbooK } ~ ~
    Santa Barbara Drawing Group, On Meetup.
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
    Thanks
    Have you tried CS6 and enable the floater thingy? It's on the Shape Dynamics tab, you have to use tilt.

Thanks
    I haven't looked into CS6 so far - I'm currently on CS5. I'm already aware of brush dynamics and use it for other things, but I'd like to control brush angle through a small floater instead.

~ ~ { My sketchbooK } ~ ~
    Santa Barbara Drawing Group, On Meetup.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Portus View Post
    Have you tried CS6 and enable the floater thingy? It's on the Shape Dynamics tab, you have to use tilt.
    Portus could you elaborate just a bit or be more specific? I just got CS6 and don't know what you are referring to but would like to check it out. Thanks.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by toad1971 View Post
    Portus could you elaborate just a bit or be more specific? I just got CS6 and don't know what you are referring to but would like to check it out. Thanks.
    You can project the brush in CS6, it shows the angle in which the brush dab is facing, if you set angle by tilt you could see a preview of where the brush was facing. I hope I'm wording it right but I don't have CS6 anymore as the trial/beta ran out a long time ago.

A floater panel to adjust the angle on the fly just doesn't exist, I think brush projection is the best workaround we have currently or just get a 6D pen. I don't know if with the 6D pen, Photoshop shows the brush angle according to the pen angle or if you just have to guess.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Portus View Post
    I don't know if with the 6D pen, Photoshop shows the brush angle according to the pen angle or if you just have to guess.
    I've just checked, it shows realtime cursor rotation accurately with 6D pen in cs6;
    you had to guess with cs5 or earlier and intuos 4/5 art pen (since it comes in a round design, unlike flat intuos 3 pen that made rotation more tactile so to say)

Thanks
    I haven't looked into CS6 so far - I'm currently on CS5. I'm already aware of brush dynamics and use it for other things, but I'd like to control brush angle through a small floater instead.we can use different brushes in adobe photo shop and make any type of painting.

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.