Work in progress!

Join 500,000+ Artists

Its' free and it takes less than 10 seconds!

Join the #1 Art Workshop - LevelUpJoin Premium Art Workshop

Thread: Work in progress!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Work in progress!

Hello! Have been working on this today and now I'm kinda... stuck. Would be fun to get some feedback if anyone feels like it

Attached Images Attached Images  
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,687 Times in 1,646 Posts
    Follows
    Following
    The guy looks like he's holding the woman really close (as in her head is like five inches from his chest), which makes the epic slicing maneuver bit awkward looking because he looks like he has had to held the long knife almost in contact with his stomach to squeeze it into the tiny space between him and her.
    Like why not have him hold her head at arm's length from her hair or something? Also how is he holding that knife? He's holding it really close to the edge of the knife and though the pose/angle he's holding his arm isn't exactly impossible, for a quick slash it feels overly twisty. Like if I do a quick throat slash move with my arm several times in a row, my arm is likely to fall more into a position where my fingers aren't facing towards my head and my palm is towards the "viewer" (or different variations of it).

"I eat comics and poop stylization"
    Comic!
    Sketchbook (Critiques, no compliments please.)
    Tumblr
    Website
    Livejournal
    DeviantArt

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Thanks a lot for the crits man! Tried fixing both of his arms and lowered/made the girl a bit bigger, don't know if it worked for making her look further away though.. Does it work? (edit: Okay, when I look at it now it probably didn't make much difference. Will have to fight this out somehow!!)

Attached Images Attached Images  

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    you can make her look farther away from him by lightening her up! right now it looks like she dug her face into his breasts.

~~My Sketchbook!~~

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Quote Originally Posted by znoddas View Post
    Tried fixing both of his arms and lowered/made the girl a bit bigger, don't know if it worked for making her look further away though.. Does it work?
    Given the position of his right arm (shoulder not fully raised, elbow bent at 90 degrees) there's an anatomical limit on how far away the girl can possibly be (and that length is the length of his upper arm times cosine of the angle between his upper arm and horizontal). As tiny bird stated, you'd have to stretch his arm out. That means using a not bent (or barely bent) elbow.

As tiny bird also pointed out, that slashing motion is nowhere near natural. He would've had to stretch out his left elbow as he cuts outward, then bend the elbow as he raises his arm and pulls it back to his midline. Try this out yourself. Does not feel normal. Not one bit.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    What if you remove the blood so there was no slash. He's just holding the knife. Or make it natural. Whichever

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Hahah, thanks for the comments guys, greatly appreciated

I probably should have thought out their poses more in the beginning, I always fail to do that, stupid. Will try to take some photo refs of me and work from there, I seem to have a hard time figuring it out on my own. Lightening her up is probably a good idea, will try that, thanks! I've thought about just ditching the blood haha, but... the slicing..... Will have to do that if all else fails, heh!

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.