Sketchbook: aolian's daily speedpaints (crit wanted!)

Join 500,000+ Artists

Its' free and it takes less than 10 seconds!

Join the #1 Art Workshop - LevelUpJoin Premium Art Workshop

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

aolian's daily speedpaints (crit wanted!)

Hey all!

I'm trying to learn to speedpaint, so for the past 3 weeks I've been doing timed paintings from photo reference. I thought posting the results here would be a good way to pressure myself into keeping this habit up.

Critique is immensely appreciated! I really want to get better at this. I will do my best to honor the time anyone takes to give crit with effort to incorporate it!

Alright, that said, here's three weeks' worth of stuff in chronological order (and a crapload of refs linked below):

Middle earth, boats, beach, under the open sky, cenote, trees, desert tree, purple sky in scotland, fur hoodie model, big bend canyon, pointy rock desert, camel trader + fire, mount everest, machu picchu, portrait of girl, (b+w) portrait of guy, two people on a bench, mossy forest, (b+w) dramatically lit violinist, (b+w) violinist from hell

Attached Images Attached Images      
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
    Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Hi Aolian, I can't believe I'm the first one to comment here, those are some pretty nice studies. I'd love to see the originals as a comparison tho

How long do you spend on each? I particularly like the on with the icy mountains. It read so well and the strokes are really precise and full of confidence it seems. Great stuff.

I noticed you thanked me in one of my posts in my Composition 1.1 thread but I can't figure out why? Your comp 1.1 studies are really excellent - haha we both actually did a Bierstadt as our most recent

Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

Members who have read this thread: 3