View Poll Results: Who is the monster in the dungeons?
- 0. You may not vote on this poll
July 22nd, 2012 #1
ChOW#297 :: Undead Dungeon MasterCharacter of the Week #297
Undead Dungeon Master
Create a design for the undead master of the royal dungeons and crypts!!
DEADLINE: SUNDAY 29th July 8PM GMT+1 (9PM British Summer Time)
Check your timezone!
Whilst everyone always thinks of the well to do people of the court, many forget all of those that work in the underbelly; the unseen servants who carry out all of the unsightly tasks. This week we would like you to pay homage to the darkest, and most unspeakable of the 'unseen'; The master of the royal dungeons.
This unsavoury characters is not only the warden of jail cells, but also the head inquisitor, master torturer, and high executioner.
He is a ghastly figure who takes great pleasure from his work. It is rumoured that he himself is actually a member of the undead; a man who was cursed by the first monarch as punishment for attempting to assassinate him. Now, centuries old, he bares little resemblance to a man, and is mostly bone and rotting flesh held together with bandages and chains. He carried about his person the tools of his trade so that he is always ready to inflict pain at a moments notice.
- Needs to be male
- Think about his profession and tools he might use (keys, cleavers, scythes)
- He is horrific to behold
- Consider how he might be holding himself together
In addition to the brief, if you do not follow these rules, you will not be included in the poll.
- Files must be named: CHoW#297_Username (Files with any other names such as final.jpg or even chow297final.jpg will not be accepted)
- Finals must be posted in the finals thread BEFORE the deadline
- Final post must include the CHoW number and the artists username at the bottom of the image
- At least 3/4 of the focus character must be visible
- Final images must be accompanied with a basic character sheet in a separate image Character sheets should at the very least show a sketch of the front and back of the character and a couple of early thumbnails/silhouettes.
- Follow the brief!
Last edited by Eofn; July 24th, 2012 at 09:22 AM.
Hide this ad by registering as a member
July 22nd, 2012 #2
Oh heck yes, Im jumping in on this one!
July 22nd, 2012 #3
July 22nd, 2012 #4
Sounds like a fun one
July 22nd, 2012 #5
July 23rd, 2012 #6
July 23rd, 2012 #7
The Following User Says Thank You to Naidy For This Useful Post:
July 23rd, 2012 #8
July 23rd, 2012 #9
Very....veeery cool pixel, from all the concepts i saw from you, this is by far the one i like the most, and even at this point without seeing other people concepts, it looks like a winner. I have no problem to imagine that dude in a "art of..." kind of book.
July 23rd, 2012 #10
July 23rd, 2012 #11
Thanks Elephant I've been thinking a lot the past couple of days about wanting and needing to step up my game and this is the first step I guess.
One small thing though, I don't like people calling out 'winner' early on even if it's my own piece. It's all about learning ^_^
The Following User Says Thank You to Pixeltuner For This Useful Post:
July 23rd, 2012 #12
The Following User Says Thank You to prepsage For This Useful Post:
July 23rd, 2012 #13
@Pixel ok i take note for the next time, though what i had in mind was not necesarily, or just a winner of the chow, but a winner in the sense that is a piece that stands for its own right...if it wins or not the chow is anecdotical, you may even decide not to enter to the poll...but still is a winner concept in my book. I hope that makes sense.