Thanks

thread closure recently..

yeah im the asshole bringing it up again this time, but i felt like expressing how turned off i am by that attitude lately.

whats up with that? i apparently fail to see the justified reasons for that. same happend when lightanddark and i had an argument, and its totally ok if you feel bored reading potentially flawed, boring and stubborn reasoning... but seriously this is a forum and imo invented for exactly that. as long as no rules are violated... cmon.
    "Have only 4 values, but all the edges you want."
    Glen Orbik

"To any man who has slaved to acquire skill in his art, it is most irritating to have his ability referred to as a 'gift.'"
    Andrew Loomis

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,944 Times in 1,012 Posts
    If you have a problem with decision undertaken by myself or any of the other
    staff, you should really bring it up via PMs. I'd lock this too but that would be
    kind of ironic.

The thread in question was stupid to begin with. But hey, as always any of the
    staff can overturn my decision. I do feel that all that had to be said has been
    said, but when people start making proxy accounts in a pathetic attempt
    to embarrass staff members in already questionable threads, those threads
    get locked.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Mike Tenebrae For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 1,272 Times in 887 Posts
    Elwell normally leaves badder threads open to allow, I assume, a slow water torture like affect on the trollish or the ignorant (but not outright spammers).

When Arty quit responding to the responses, doubled down on simply repeating his defective thesis, and then started launching weak ad hominem attacks, he was pretty much outta rope.

Star Eater's a lot more merciful in applying a quick coup de grace in these situations.

That's my take, anyway. . .

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Kamber Parrk For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Well sone and I are discussing (and I do mean discussing, because he's actually a good
    guy not an asshole as he calls himself) things via PM.

Thanks for the vote of confidence KP. I will lay off the temp ban I was about to issue
    to you when I saw your name in this thread.

For now.

Thanks
    i didnt mean to attack anyone personally, or her/his effort, but the situation as it appears to me lately.

if arguments are ment to be done per pm, i dont see any significant reason to have any sort of discussion (sub)forum.
    Glen Orbik

"To any man who has slaved to acquire skill in his art, it is most irritating to have his ability referred to as a 'gift.'"
    Andrew Loomis

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by sone_one View Post
    i didnt mean to attack anyone personally, or her/his effort, but the situation as it appears to me lately.

if arguments are ment to be done per pm, i dont see any significant reason to have any sort of discussion (sub)forum.
    As with art I am open to critique on my moderating as well.
    I am confused by what you mean by arguments though? If you mean
    in all instances like this, it's general forum etiquette to take mod decisions
    up with mods or other staff.

But I'm open to discussion, this is not a democracy, but I don't want
    people thinking the staff are out to Big Brother them.

Thanks
    Thanked 16,685 Times in 5,021 Posts
    Yeah, I try to be pretty laissez-faire when it comes to locks and bans for anything but outright spamming or really egregious trollery. I have a high tolerance for internet stupidity, I guess. If it were up to me most moderation would be invisible. Still, sometimes fires have to be put out, and everybody has a slightly different standard for what counts.

Tristan Elwell
    **Finished Work Thread **Process Thread **Edges Tutorial

"Work is more fun than fun."
    -John Cale

"Art is supposed to punch you in the brain, and it's supposed to stay punched."
    -Marc Maron

Thanks
    Thanked 1,535 Times in 567 Posts
    And I'm telling you, that guy has done it here before. The same rapid fire argumentative style. No real support for his opinions but simply egging the rest of us on. Shame on us for obliging him over again.

Thanks
    Blame Elwell and Black Spot. I turn to them for advice. (Guess I just burned that bridge now.)

Bill, I agree with you entirely. The fact that he came back with a proxy right
    after I banned him would lend strength to that as well.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Star Eater View Post
    If you mean
    in all instances like this, it's general forum etiquette to take mod decisions
    up with mods or other staff.
    no i dont mean this instance... and i know this thread is borderline, sorry for that.

its about arguments beeing cut off just because they appear to be futile. if it would be up to me, judging by that standard, the majority of threads in here wouldnt exist. fortunately its not on me to judge, because a poor platform it would be .
    Glen Orbik

Andrew Loomis

14. The Following User Says Thank You to sone_one For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 1,104 Times in 926 Posts
    CA isn't everthing. If you are that bothered then leave. Its not worth the drama and bad feelings.

If your nose is pressed against you sketch pad then you'll see that its inconsequential to be upset over anything in this forum.

Only people that complain are individuals who probably spend more time here than is productive for their career...

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Aryeh View Post
    CA isn't everthing. If you are that bothered then leave. Its not worth the drama and bad feelings.

If your nose is pressed against you sketch pad then you'll see that its inconsequential to be upset over anything in this forum.

Only people that complain are individuals who probably spend more time here than is productive for their career...
    thread closure recently..

17. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Mike Tenebrae For This Useful Post: