Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
    Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Dude good to see you back! You are still shit hot at portraiture. Sad to hear you are on a downer dude, i guess it happens sometimes. What is your definition of things 'working out as an artist'? The way i see it you already are one. If you feel that you 'cant draw' try and define why. What your expectations are, in general, because if you want to get better you just have to put the time into it and fail at it until you succeed. Look how far you came with portraiture, look at the time you put in drawing all those eyes separately etc so that you could do it more confidently. You have come far. Repeat that shit for figure drawing and perspective etc and it will come together. You have proven to me that you have the power.

If you put lots of time into the areas you want to get better at, you will get better!

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Kimonas For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I really love your portraits. They have a good sense of rhythm and light to them. Your figures do seem like they're improving, even if you don't see your own progress - sometimes I think as we learn to see more, we think we're getting worse but it's actually our judgment getting better, which is followed by the art getting better. Or maybe you're just having a bad day/week, some days I can't draw what I drew easily the day before, and my hands just seem clumsy. It's frustrating, but keep going!

6. The Following User Says Thank You to HazelF For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Hello friend! I have quickly had a look through your work and can clearly see the improvement, everytime you post your concerns with where you are at it makes me smile because i know that voice oh too well. I look at your work and envy you, and though this doesn't mean much, what I am trying to say is that if this were going to be quick then it would be easy and everyone would do it. Its long because its hard, and you have shown incredible discipline in spite of the self doubt most of us experience. Keep it up, I hope these words help to empower the embers of your creative flame, this from a candle that has dwindled many times. All the best friend.

plus keep it up cause I love looking at your work alot of character and excellent form!

I'm friendly say hi :-D

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Austin Lavelle For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Kimonas - Thanks for the encouragement! Been thinking about what you said all day, now i'm super pumped to get going again. I think just not drawing for a while was the problem. You go out of your zone and it's really hard to get back in. Always there for me bro! You're kicking ass right now! High five!

@Hazel - Thanks so much for dropping by! Nice to see some new faces. Glad you like my portraits. I still feel really average at them though, but like Kimonas said I came a long way. It just shows how long the journey is! Especially if you are teaching yourself . Yeah, figures need to be much improved, for sure.

@Austin - Hey dude, thanks so much for taking the time to look through my sketchbook . Always happy when someone takes the time to do that. Glad you can empathise with me there about the 'sad art feeling* haha. I guess I have to look on the bright side of things. I'm still here, I haven't given up when a lot of people have. Onwards and upwards. I always just feel like I let myself down. Like I should have been this, or could have been that. I hate that feeling. Anyway, thanks for the comment, means a lot!

Here's a quick Maughan study from tonight. I actually did two, just playing around with the other one, will upload it tomorrow. I like the feel of this one, got closer to that traditional look.

Thanks for stopping by .

Name:  maughan study1.jpg
Views: 38
Size:  307.8 KB

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Couple more of those Maughan style studies, mixed with some Sargent composition. Going to study that a lot more.

Thanks for stopping by!

Name:  M1.jpg
Views: 31
Size:  470.4 KB

Name:  Untitled-1.jpg
Views: 31
Size:  154.7 KB

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    There is nothing derpish about this place,
    Your portraits possess a winsome grace.

Keep it up!

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Misty Feather For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Thanks man, wish I felt the same!

Recent stuff

Drews Sketchderp
    Drews Sketchderp
    Drews Sketchderp

Last edited by sudafreekan; 10 Hours Ago at 12:07 PM.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Training hard! Some gesture studies, material studies, really trying to push the figure work and get away from my comfort zone. Studying from guys like Glen Keane and J.Watts, learning so much.

Drews Sketchderp

Drews Sketchderp

Drews Sketchderp

Drews Sketchderp

Drews Sketchderp

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Hey dude nice to see you posting , in that last post the images come up as being broken

16. The Following User Says Thank You to Kimonas For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Thanks dude, fixed it now. Been having nightmares with the attatchment manager. For some reason when you upload it also puts the same set of images up as attatched images, meaning the images come up twice. Really annoying, not sure what's been changed.

Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

Members who have read this thread: 135