TEAM CHAL: Tredminsters of the Brushymarsh - Page 7
Join the #1 Art Workshop - LevelUpJoin Premium Art Workshop

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Thread: TEAM CHAL: Tredminsters of the Brushymarsh

Rob Powell is offline ...he draws aliens and doesn't afraid of anything...
    Level 8 Gladiator: Thracian
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,593 Times in 588 Posts
    Follows
    Following
    thanks sony! a couple things I wanna also mention, try adding a bridge to that central stream, I forgot to do that while painting, and the image I uploaded to dropbox is a smaller size, if that ok, mainly because my computer sucks and couldn't handle your high res...
    also adding some yuliari to the image will make it look more lively and habitable as a yuliari village, add some to the foreground, background and middle ground it will really sell the scale of the image as well as the sizes of the houses...

overall I think it's safe to say this will be our final environment concept, I also just got the idea of those vertical structures being statues, possibly of the guardian or some kind of ancient diety, or an individual from the ancient race...

Art is not about competing against others and being better than everyone else, but it is about competing against yourself and discovering your greatest potential!

Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Rob Powell For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Sweet stuff Rob, my favs are 1 and 4 also, though i think the dark purple one, although looks prity cool is reading too much as a villian and not a guardian. Plus i think there needs to be some subtle hues of blues and reds maybe to relate it to Sony's evironemnts. Just a thought.
    Also, have you got a final creature concept in mind? Is the creature going to be a pet of the guardian? or the yuliari? Or maybe a combination of the two? If so, if you want to bang it in the drop box or post a sketch here i can do another overlap line drawing thingie if you want? I'll also get to work on a backshot of the guardian. I'm away tomorrow but i'll have it posted by Wednesday.

Peace

4. The Following User Says Thank You to warburton For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I was gonna start painting some more of the creature later tonight, I will get some more sketches up, I'm fairly happy with the concept I posted earlier so there probably won't be too many changes...I'll post it to the dropbox once I got something decent to work with...
    Like my idea earlier these creatures, like the guardian will remain dormant while the land is in peace, possibly hibernating underground or within the mountains, if any threat comes near and disturbs them they will awaken to summon the guardian, they could also have offensive capabilities as well...
    as for the guardian's colours, it could be cool if the luminescent lighting was blueish rather than reddish...could tie into the colourscheme better as well...

Art is not about competing against others and being better than everyone else, but it is about competing against yourself and discovering your greatest potential!

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Rob Powell For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    here's where I'm at, still not quite finished but almost...need to do some more touchups and a back view...I'll upload the psd file to dropbox as well...
    Name:  Yulium Creature wip.jpg
Views: 310
Size:  154.7 KB

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Rob Powell For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Heres the weapon, the guardian wraps it around his arms, it can emit fire as well

Attached Images Attached Images  

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to sony For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    wartburton and sony, it seems it's just going to be the three of us working on this! I recieved a pm from flame saying he's going to be dropping out, due to a busy work schedule!

Seeing as we have wips for the environment, character, creature and industrial, I guess we can leave out the illustration this time, unless someone wanted to have a go at it...and drop something else...

Even though the deadline is fast approaching, whether it's tomorrow or sunday, there's currently no finals thread posted so even if we get our stuff finished we cannot post it yet...hopefully it won't be too long to wait for it...

Last edited by Rob Powell; August 22nd, 2012 at 12:44 PM.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    sony cool weapon turn around, i imagined something similar. Hows your stuff coming along? I'm lookin forward to see what you come up with! If you need a hand with anything you can always drop it here or in the dropbox and i'll try and work abit into it if your struggling with time.

rob Its suck that Flame got bogged under with work =[. Not having the illustration might take alot of weight off our shoulders though. The creatures lookin good too, though just a personal preference but it'd be cool to see abit more color in it perhaps? Also i know its still WIP but the tentecles are making the design look abit flat atm, in contrast to the 3d body. Alos, i don't know if its a coincidence but i like how the creature looks similar to the guardians arm weapon things, the iridescent eyes are a nice touch too

Sorry its abit rough and not perfect but heres the back shot i promised. (I only just noticed now, i might change that ass, it looks abit ridiculous lol)

13. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to warburton For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    warburton: no coincidence at all, while I did the original sketch for the guardian I decided to try those shapes for the creature as well, I quite liked the result.
    I agree about the 'behind,' One suggestion is to extend those vertebrae down to forn sort of a small tail like thingy hanging down, will make him look less naked from behind. You seemed to have also given him these chicken legs on the back view as well, I may suggest fixing that as well.

Last edited by Rob Powell; August 22nd, 2012 at 09:35 PM.

15. The Following User Says Thank You to Rob Powell For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Good luck to flame for his work
    Warburton & Rob_powell, I wish I had more time to do that ship but it seems really hard to get it done in the time frame now, here’s weapon concept with colors option which one you guys like? he keeps his weapon under the slum water,
    And yes small/medium tail will add a lot,

Last edited by sony; August 23rd, 2012 at 04:29 AM.

17. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to sony For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    the creature is almost done, just need to do some final touch ups, although I'm not sure how we're going to submit it since the finals thread hasn't been posted yet, and the deadline is sunday...or was thursday, iunno...

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Same here, i'm almost done with the character turn around, i'll defiantly have it done for tomorrow or tonight. I'm guessing the deadline is tomorrow, so maybe the finals thread will go up then.

edit - think this is prity much done, unless theres anything major you guys want me to fix. I went with the colour sceme 4 from your earlier variations Rob, seeing as we were all drawn towards that, i pushed to colours abit though because i get scared of muted and dull colours =p I also went with the eyeless face which i was suprised works prity well too. Sorry i didn't roll with the tail idea, i could'nt make it read well with foreshortening issues. Also, sorry if it looks abit rushed, when i went to tackle the values, it really showed me how crappy my values are compared to yours Rob, I struggled alotnto get them to match yours ;p

sony ALso dude, the weapon is looking great, i personally like the brown version, i think it will match the guardian and creature designs more than the blue one. Both work prity well though.

CR Fraerber Hey dude. Alot of the detais can be found in the sticky threads at the top of the team chal sections, but basically its a challenge where groups tackle a topic and share ideas and help each other instead of working individually.

Last edited by warburton; August 25th, 2012 at 05:39 PM.

21. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to warburton For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    So this is all rather intriguing.. What does being in a team entail exactly?

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    war_burton: neat stuff just through some highlight on the legs from back view to see the overlapping shape of leg, and erase though line work on the feet, the perspective of feet looks flat to me, make try if you get time to adjust the angle. i agree the eyeless version is coooool too! can you define some form for tricep and trapezium muscles?
    cheerssssss

24. The Following User Says Thank You to sony For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    here's the creature with the back view, not sure if I'll call this final just yet, still wanna tweak a few things and add a few more details here and there...
    Name:  Yulium Creature.jpg
Views: 237
Size:  339.5 KB

I'd say we're looking pretty good so far guys! All of our designs are getting closed to being finished! Just wondering how the enviro is coming along as well, hopefully the finals thread will be posted soon, if not then I guess our finals will just go in this thread.

26. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Rob Powell For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Environment & Weapon design finals from my side.

STORY

This is yulium, Yuliari are the natives living the bounties of the Lord,
    Guarded by the Guardian of the Yulium.

Rob_powell
    Warburton
    Flame_quenchable

I am really thankful to you guys for such a wonder full time I learned a lot form you guys, excellent stuff from you guys, such a wonderful team effort. I am really happy with the outcome
    thanks again for everything!!!

==== C H E E R S ====

28. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to sony For This Useful Post:

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Members who have read this thread: 8