Join the #1 Art Workshop - LevelUpJoin Premium Art Workshop
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,473 Times in 722 Posts
    Follows
    Following

Breaking Bad! (SPOILERS)

I searched and shockingly enough could not find a thread

This is a SPOILER THREAD so go watch the first 4 seasons if you haven't already! Posts about new episodes do not require spoiler tags, but information about upcoming episodes do require spoiler tags (unless it's a promotional image that AMC is using heavily).

Anyways, I feel that this is currently the best show on TV. Though you could definitely make an argument for Mad Men.

The episode "Crawl Space" contains the best 10 minutes I've ever spent in front of a screen. So there's that.

Resumes tomorrow night, I am so effing psyched!

Last edited by Ian Barker; July 14th, 2012 at 04:32 PM.
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,009 Times in 538 Posts
    Follows
    Following
    Honestly I don't know where they're gonna go from here

Spoilers?
    I missed one episode and read the general synopsis of when Jessie went to the mob or cartel with Gus and such. Then they fought their way out. Don't know if they killed the head mob boss or something but it seems the mafia is the only end not tied up for the group.

Since Gus is gone, Mike without his boss has no reason to kill anyone, especially not Jessie or anyone close to him since he saved Mikes life.

I guess now it's at the point where Walt could take over somehow? Not sure.
    (Which would be ironic since the first couple seasons I kept thinking. This is showing the rise of a new crime lord)

Last edited by JFierce; July 14th, 2012 at 03:58 PM.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    You should really go back and watch that episode, it's a great one. The Mafia isn't involved in this show, it's the cartel.

This poster will give you a hint of what's coming

Breaking Bad! (SPOILERS)

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Ian Barker For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Yeah I meant cartel, realized after posting, was lazy and just edited 'or cartel' in.
    I figured it was a good episode. I saw first 3 seasons on Netflix when we had it. Then they had all of them on demand. Except for that one. I was sad because it seemed intense.

and oh lord that poster confirms what my original suspicions were lol.
    I kept telling myself "Hmm... I think he's becoming a druglord. But nah... how is that going to happen...." Then a bit later "Well..... if such and such happens then... it's possible.... but nah still probably not"..... then a bit laaater... ."HOLY SHIT Is that .... really going to happen?!"

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    There are a couple of loose ends that I can think of off the top of my head. First one would be Gray Matter, the company Walt's research helped found. The second is Madrigal, the German parent company that owns Los Pollos Hermanos and bought all the equipment for the super lab (maybe we'll see some German Drug lords).

Now that I'm thinking of it you have to wonder about Gustave Fring's Ciliean connections. Apparently the only reason he didn't get murdered was because he has connections to some kind of General or something. It gets mentioned briefly in a flashback in season 3 and in season 4.

Also, what's up with Ted Beneke? Is he dead? What's going to happen with that?

God damn, I am so stoked to watch this.

Remember, just because you have their attention doesn't mean you have their respect-Dale Gribble (from King of the Hill)
    Old Sketchbook 1
    Old Sketchbook 2
    Newest sketchbook

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    To answer all of your questions, wiggum: (spoilers ahead)

edit: can't get spoiler tags to work for some reason, I'll just not post 'em. But I can remind you that the writers have always made effort to bring back and tie in old story lines.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,308 Times in 307 Posts
    Follows
    Following

10. The Following User Says Thank You to N D Hill For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Thanks
    Thanked 1,780 Times in 849 Posts
    Follows
    Following
    I started watching it cold last season. Even without knowing the rest of the story it really pulled me in. I had to watch the previous seasons later.

My favorite quote "your never too old for balloons"
    -Mike

Thanks
    Thanked 1,308 Times in 307 Posts
    Follows
    Following
    This is easily my favorite show on television now. Now that it seems that Walt will become a drug kingpin and the show will delve into darker territory, I hope the show retains it's quirk and dark sense of humor. With that said, I have no reason to believe that the creator, writers and cast won't deliver as they've always blown my expectations out of the water.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    It's funny to think Jessie was supposed to die at the end of the first season. But the chemistry was so good with the actors they rewrote it

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Quote Originally Posted by JFierce View Post
    It's funny to think Jessie was supposed to die at the end of the first season. But the chemistry was so good with the actors they rewrote it
    Really? Thats awesome, because they do work great together.

Thoughts on the premiere? I think that if there were enough seasons, Walt would probably take over hell. He is getting darker and darker every season.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    And Mike was only planned for one episode Originally Saul was supposed to come to Jesse's house to clean up after Jane's dead body, but they couldn't book Odenkirk that particular day so they created Mike the cleaner. Amazing that they can improvise like that and yet make the story feel so intricate like this was all meant to happen.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    One thing that's cool (for me at least) Breaking Bad was originally based on an operation in my home town Riverside, CA. The cartels have always had their feet firmly planted there and I remember hearing about an air hanger with a pharmaceutic grade meth lab in it. But they had to move the location to abq for tax benefits.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Well they were originally supposed to be set in California so that does make sense.

http://www.buzzfeed.com/breakingbad/...-breaking-61z6

Jeeesus if it truly costs 3 million for one episode that's nuuuuuts.
    I guess with the newer seasons that's understandable, all the equipment, locations and things needed.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Thanks
    Thanked 4,259 Times in 2,074 Posts
    Follows
    Following
    Quote Originally Posted by Ian Barker View Post

edit: can't get spoiler tags to work for some reason, I'll just not post 'em. But I can remind you that the writers have always made effort to bring back and tie in old story lines.
    You need to look at http://www.conceptart.org/forums/misc.php?do=bbcode before assuming there are encoded tags.

Vbull does not have "Spoiler tags" as some default setup - they must be coded in by the forum admins to work. If you don't see it in the list, don't use it

Thanks
    Thanked 1,557 Times in 608 Posts
    Follows
    Following
    I'd bet money that it's not hard to find an insane fanfiction that tries to crossover Breaking Bad with Fullmetal Alchemist. And it's probably absolutely hilarious.

Currently on episode 4, I like how Jessie is slowly becoming a sympathetic character the more we learn about him. The meth is really starting to mess with him, to the point that he hallucinates that a couple Jehovah's Witnesses are the Sons of Anarchy brandishing knives and grenades. It's clear that he really is considering getting off the stuff, but the pressure from his friends and the money involved keep bringing him back.

It's really sad to see how ashamed his parents are of him (he deserves it, but it's still sad), and seeing him take the heat for the weed his little brother was hiding was an endearing scene. The fact that he saved the old chemistry test from high school was contrived (Seriously, why would he keep it?), but it was still nice because it helps us get a look into what he's thinking.

EDIT: Man, AGAIN Walter serves up some justice to another annoying asshole that adds nothing to the plot. What's up with that? Is this really the type of show that gives us a little bit of wish fulfillment against the occasional jackass you can see in real life? I mean, it's GREAT seeing Walter do stuff we all wish we could do to the dickheads who make fun of handicapped people or conceited douchebag businessmen (that one's just a stereotype, but a douchebag all the same), but it's not necessary at all. It's basically fanservice.

Sure, the first incident was bound to happen at some time in Walter's life, but the business guy was just thrown in there so we could have someone for Walter to mess up.

Speaking of which, do we ever find out what happened to Crazy 8's body? Ah, it'll probably be revealed whenever Walter's brother-in-law finds it. What a loveable jackass that guy is. Only the coolest Uncle can say to his nephew "Cause I love ya, ya little bastard."

EDIT: Ah, so they just did the same thing with the Hydrochloric Acid and then flushed him down the toilet.

Now I'll just copy paste what I said in the Just Watched thread, because I think I'll stick here for now.

Quote Originally Posted by Psychotime View Post
    Just saw the pilot episode of Breaking Bad.

I'm very interested in how the show can last 4 seasons. It sounds more like a movie premise, not something that you can build a whole show around. But we'll see.

I loved the bit where he got in a fight with that douchebag in the clothing store, but I'm pretty sure everyone would feel the same way about that scene. I can be a real sucker for sympathetic characters, even if they seem more than a bit manufactured.

Seriously, his son has a disability, his job as a high school chemistry teacher doesn't pay enough so he has to do crappy bottom barrel work on the side, on his 50th birthday his present is inoperable lung cancer so he only has a year or two left at best, and his wife has a baby on the way. It's impossible NOT to sympathize with that! You can easily believe that he has purely noble reasons for selling meth.
    Quote Originally Posted by Psychotime View Post
    Ok, having watched the second episode of Breaking Bad, this format is much more appropriate than a movie because it's able to expand on plot points and make them more realistic. If this entire story were told as a movie, it'd be extremely compressed and the plot points would lose their impact.

That said, it's basically turned into a black comedy now.

The entire episode is about the two trying to discard the corpses of the two drug dealers that tried to murder them in the last episode, and things get worse when it turns out one of them survived the poison gas Walter had to make on the quick in order to escape.

And then Walter's wife confronts Jessie about marijuana while he's trying to move one of the bodies that started to decay because of sitting in the hot RV for a few days when they took too long to act. Jessie's attempts at making sure Skyler didn't see anything, as well as how stereotypically unhip she is, were both amusing to watch, yo.

And the ending where Walter explains WHY they needed plastic containers, oh man.
    EDIT: Almost finished with season one.

This show, man. I can see why people like it so much.

Last edited by Psychotime; August 4th, 2012 at 06:47 PM.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Two episodes into Season 2. Tuco just got killed by Hank, who came into the area by complete accident because he followed the signal from Jessie's car, thanks to the hydraulics he had installed.

This show, man.

EDIT: Halfway through season 2 because this show is just addicting!

I love how we're getting callbacks to stuff from the first season, like Gretchen being Walter's ex-girlfriend from back in college. And Skylar's associate, Ted. The best part about it is that the show doesn't insult your intelligence about the fact that they're callbacks to previous scenes.

Plus it's got Danny Trejo!

EDIT: ...Aw, man.

Last edited by Psychotime; August 5th, 2012 at 01:02 PM.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Yep, finished season 2 now. Nice fake out they built up to. I'm pretty sure everyone was thinking the same thing:

It's pretty clear from the point that they got mixed up with Tuco that Walt would eventually turn into the same kind of monster by the end of the show, because the fact is that he HAS to be one in order to amount to anything in the criminal world.

It's something that's really pointed out when Skinny Pete gets mugged, Badger gets arrested, and Combo gets killed. (By the way, I never liked Badger.) The criminal world HAS no law, and the only way to stake a claim in it is to be just as ruthless as Tuco. The nice guy stuff doesn't cut it. Just like Crazy 8 said, this line of business doesn't suit people who believe in things like morals or mercy.

So those constant flash forwards to the people collecting evidence from the house all seemed to hint how the series would eventually end, with the shit finally hitting the fan and the household being attacked.

But as it turns out, it was a big fakeout that gets revealed at the end of the season.

I like how it's very obvious that Walter sees Jessie a bit like a son after all the crap they've gone through together. Speaking of Jessie, man was his part of the plot sad.

I was surprised to see Hank get a little focus, and showing how he's nowhere near the macho dude he pretends to be, being haunted by his confrontation with Tuco despite leaving unscathed. Having a normal reaction to seeing DANNY TREJO'S SEVERED HEAD GLUED ONTO A TORTOISE that actually saved his life when THE TURTLE HAD A BOMB ON IT. And being so shaken by it that he had to leave the operation.

I really like the actor they chose to play the new distributor who owns the local fast food chain. He looks so meek and unassuming, it's just perfect.

It's a nice ending to have Skyler expose all of the lies, and then admit that she's scared to find out the truth as to what he keeps disappearing for, why he has a second cell phone, and where all the money is coming from. It was gonna happen, naturally, but right now I really have to wonder where that leads given that I have two more seasons to go.

Last edited by Psychotime; August 6th, 2012 at 01:09 AM.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    All right! Halfway through season three and it's still cool.

I really like how Skyler and Walter's relationship went after she discovers the truth. It should be sad to see what the two are doing to each other emotionally, but I just find it more interesting, because I had no idea where it could have gone, or even where it's going, now.

Did anyone else get the vibe that the Principal was hitting on Walter in the early seasons? Looks like Walter got the same idea too, so I guess that was the point. Seems she worded her offer wrong. Ah well.

The LAST thing I expected out of Hank was for him to actually fight back against The Cousins, let alone SURVIVE long enough to take them out! Hank's badass! I hope to see more of his partner, Gomez. I like that guy.

My second favorite character right now (Jesse's #1) has to be Mike, Saul's clean up guy. He's one note, but he's hilarious because of it! NOTHING fazes him! It'd be great to get a look at his life outside of work. I really want to know! All I know right now is that he's a grandfather...I think. What kind of name is Pop-Pop? Is that a west coast thing? Weird kids.

Geez, Jeese gets his ass kicked alot, doesn't he? Poor guy.

You know, I never noticed that Marie wears purple all the time until it was pointed out to me. That's odd.

Last edited by Psychotime; August 6th, 2012 at 11:29 PM.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I can't believe the entirety of the series takes place over a year.

This isn't criticism, but I think they use irritating behavior as a plot device.

I can't stand Jesse. I think he is supposed to be a bit of a poser though. It just sounds so tacked on whenever he says "bitch" or "yo". But that's his signature. He just reminds me of somebody I would sell oregano to in highschool. I can only imagine the great scenarios they had for killing him.

Skyler is effectively irritating as well. Can't she just get it together and smash Walt in the head with a frying pan or leave or anything productive. The whole willful victim act makes me grind my teeth. Like Sansa in Game Of Thrones.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Exactly. He is a poser. He grew up from an upper middle class family but loves to put up his "gangsta" act, yo! It's funny how despite that he's been to the point of being curled up on the floor, covered in feces, crying himself to sleep after being rendered homeless and nearly penniless. Not to mention all the beatings he's taken or all the times he's had a gun pointed at his head.

I don't know if he ever does (trying to avoid any spoilers), but Jesse is guaranteed to get killed sooner or latter. He's too short sighted and irresponsible (not to mention stupid) to survive without Walter behind him with a safety net.

The only character I dislike on the show is Badger. That guy's a serious jackass. He's one of those guys who doesn't take anything seriously and will goof around and pester the heck out of you when you're busy, and is completely dumbfounded when people tell him to knock it off. He's too stupid to know that he IS annoying, and that's worse than the people who do it on purpose.

You notice how he's not in the flashback where Jesse gets the RV? Yeah, I'd bet money he got his ass banned from that strip joint for some stupid shit, which is why he's not in the flashback at all.

Quote Originally Posted by Raoul Duke View Post
    I can't believe the entirety of the series takes place over a year.
    Wait, seriously? Could have sworn about a year had passed around the time Walter made his first deal with Mr. Fring and his daughter was born.

Last edited by Psychotime; August 7th, 2012 at 10:56 AM.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Yeah really. They made that very clear in last nights episode. Apparently you don't want any spoilers, but I'll just say people recover real fast in this show.

Poor Anna Gunn is the only actor that has aged in this show. She keeps putting on and losing weight.

Jesse's costume change is funny given the time line. It's like he was told baggy clothes were out of style and was never seen wearing them again.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    [B]SPOILERS.....

The whole relationship with Jesse and Walt is what makes things interesting. Really funny they were planning on killing Jesse in season 1. It's what makes the show. It's a balance scale. One goes darker and the other becomes lighter, one persons life starts to go to shit the other one starts having things go right for them. Not always that way but it's a trend. Right now it's become where Jesse's turning out as an overall good person, even defending not killing the girl recently. Or at least that's the path he's heading. By the end I imagine he'll get out of the business. Walt on the other hand has slowly gotten darker and darker. Occasionally he'll rise up a little with the whole "doing it for his family" thing before he dies. But then he gets right back into the game when he had a get out of Jail free card with Gus gone and no one planning on taking him out, even while his cancer is in remission. Could have gone back to his previous life but he's driven by 3 things. One the fact he got screwed in his old Chemist job where he should have been the one to make millions, two the fact he now has a baby girl and the cancer could come back with no money from a teaching job, three is simply the fact that he enjoys it. Which is the dark side. He can't go back anymore, normality is impossible.

Also a year sounds about right since you need to think of the pacing. Walt was on deaths door so he wasn't just dicking around. First started to cook, then went to a dealer, took the first guy out, met with Tuco, took him out, met Gus and we all know how that went. The events aren't all that long when it comes down to it. Just feels like it since everything was intense.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    There's seriously no way one year is a believable time frame for all of this, and I'm only on season three.

How the hell was the DEA keeping tabs on the Blue Crystal, then? Were they basing their data on a weekly basis? Are they saying that after what, two weeks where the tri-state area goes dry, they up and give up? With Hank being the "obsessed" one who's still searching for leads? Seriously?

How long was Skyler pregnant with Holly from the beginning of the series? I thought that if anything we got at least 6 of those 9 months. She wasn't big at all from the start.

How long has Walter been going through his cancer treatment, and how long did he wait before telling his family that he even had it?

How long has it been since the airplane collision above the suburbs? Outside of wearing those pins it seems everybody's gotten over it.

How long was Jesse in rehab? How much time has he spent in the hospital? How long did he know his girlfriend before she died?

How long was the incident with Badger getting busted and they brought in the patsy as a fake Heisenberg, and how long has he been out of town after it?

Last edited by Psychotime; August 7th, 2012 at 11:20 AM.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Say My Name is gonna be the next who yo daddy.

( Click to show/hide )
    Walt just killed the only character with any common sense in the show. I kinda figured Walt would kill Mike for being the rational one. Just a matter of time.
    I mean it this time.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Latest episode : Say my name spoilers
    ( Click to show/hide )
    Jesus Christ, up until now Walt has been semi dark. He's done bad things, but he only had survival in mind mainly. This is the first time where it technically wasn't survival. It was because he was pissed. So he killed a man in cold blood. He had nothing to gain from Mikes death (except maybe some money which he can option to give Jessie his out but I don't he'll take it, since you know Jessies not going anywhere). The entire thing was over a list of names. You can't give a list of names if your dead. So Walt has turned completely evil. He's holding his wife hostage, holding leverage to keep Jessie around, taking a protege who killed a kid in cold blood and while polite is clearly fucked up in the head a bit, then he just killed an assassin.

The fallout I'm guessing that will go in Walts favor is the DEA will find Mikes dead. That will scare the shit out of the Lawyer and all Mikes guys. Since 'whoever killed mike isn't to be fucked with'. That's my guess anyways. The series is going to end with Walts empire crumbling but first he has to build that empire. Heisenberg will be a name feared.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    ***SPOILERS***

The intro to "Say My Name" was one of my favorites so far. Walt makes that other guy his bitch after 2 minutes of talking. I cant wait for the scene where Hank kills/arrests Walt. It will happen, i dont see any other way out of this. Things are going to shit and Hank wont ever give up on this case unless he dies (which is also another way this season could go. I doubt Walt would kill Hank though.. Is he that evil?)

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    ( Click to show/hide )
    Well I didn't think about it until last night. But Walt just got Mikes bag of money, several million dollars. I don't remember but didn't Walt at the start of season 5 when he has hair have a bag, or at least a bunch of money. Looked like he was on the run or changed identities. Which to me means he either established his empire and left to a new location or was found out and left before establishing anything.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.