Simple painter help needed!

View testimonialsView Artwork

Hybrid View

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Simple painter help needed!

I cant figure out how to minimize the documents i bring in to painter. When i select a document it puts it on full screen. i can bring in another document behind the original, however i cant place two documents side by side so i can draw from reference. Also i have no idea how to rotate or strech when i paste a transparent selection onto a doucument, lets say i want to overlay a photo texture and i need to stretch it and rotate it to my liking first.
    Main problem is not being able to minimize original document to fit in its own window...in photoshop, you need only to drag the tab down, but that doent work in painter///
    help
    application paint shop pro x4
    thanks if anyone can help!!!!

Reply With Quote Reply With Quote

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    ctrl+M/cmd+M puts documents into tabs in painter, from there it's pretty easy
    > Also i have no idea how to rotate or strech when i paste a transparent selection onto a doucument, lets say i want to overlay a photo texture and i need to stretch it and rotate it to my liking first.
    there's a set of transform tools under "edit" dropdown list, I'm not sure if they work ok with transparent edges though... I do all transforming/resizing in photoshop because early painter versions gave nasty edge bleeding artifacts while resizing.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to ikken For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Thanks lot for responding man! I will try that if i go back to painter, however painter had a real rough "flow" for me , probably because i was used to Cs9, but my trial ran out
    haha
    Anyway thanks man that was killing me i couldnt drag it down almost broke computer

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Ctrl alt T brings up the free transform tool. By default you can stretch with this option, hold down shift while resizing to keep the selection even. To rotate, there are options on the toolbar. The curvy circular arrow is the rotates setting. At the moment painter can only do one of these options at a time,so you'll have to switch the settings for each subset for each function.
    Hope this helps.

I'm out to conquer the world equipped with a pencil, digital paint and a Sketchbook
    and when I do achieve that goal...I'll conquer the moon too

"When you draw nervously you end up with a nervous drawing, so drawing strongly produces lines filled with vitality"- Nightow Yasuhiro

"Use the ability you already have, and use it, and use it, and make it develop itself."-Robert Henri

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Yes that helps. I have figured out that photoshop cs2 and higher is perfect for anything I need to do as of now.
    Thanks alot! I switched back to photoshop and gutted the back of my pc for better airflow.
    I think im good to draw for a month. thanks for the help fells.

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.