ChOW#295 :: FINALS :: Fantasy Masquerade - Page 2
Join the #1 Art Workshop - LevelUpJoin Premium Art Workshop

View Poll Results: Which guest is the best dressed?

Voters
88. You may not vote on this poll
  • Pitchblack

1 1.14%
  • nim

9 10.23%
  • Alexanderjr

11 12.50%
  • Naidy

4 4.55%
  • hemlock-key

2 2.27%
  • Whiskey Sour

1 1.14%
  • Spastic_Potato

3 3.41%
  • FlyingPenguin

10 11.36%
  • KDillon

10 11.36%
  • Howie

23 26.14%
  • Danny_K

0 0%
  • derekdedgell

5 5.68%
  • 199X

4 4.55%
  • Buttermonster

32 36.36%
  • Agent Melon

36 40.91%
  • caffeinetooth

1 1.14%
  • FilRam

0 0%
  • Elbi

2 2.27%
  • Bjulvar

1 1.14%
  • dioramaria

6 6.82%
  • Obstfelder

24 27.27%
  • Dryleg

3 3.41%
  • 7fn

0 0%
  • 28thwing

3 3.41%
  • Trefle

1 1.14%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: ChOW#295 :: FINALS :: Fantasy Masquerade

Thanks
    Thanked 1,656 Times in 771 Posts
    Follows
    Following
    Anonegamer: You didn't provide a character sheet (front and back view), only wip-shots.

edit: one a sidenote, I know this is probably not open for discussion but those sheets are the sole reason I don't finish any of these challenges anymore except for the exceptional cases I do an ortho as the design anyway. They're an afterthought and bore me to tears. I'd rather have the wips back as they are more interesting in seeing the design-process of the various artists anyway.

Tuner people, not Turner.

A mind that wanders so much, it brings back souvenirs.

Sketchbook -- Blog -- New Music --
    Traditional Paintings --
    The Drawing Dutchmen --
    Book Of Thumbs --

New Website!!!!!!!
    --
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

fairy

well this is my final drawing. A fairy who lives in the forest and made her own natural suit. Hope you all like it . good luck to everyone!

Attached Images Attached Images      

3. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to makilolo For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Well I figured out I should post it up even if I couldn't make it in time, I still want to get the colors down, since I just tinted it up a bit so it didn't get boring as hell...
    I'm still way too slow, hopefully in the next chow I'll be able to get stuff done in time =P

Ramblings aside, my character is all about the contrast between the ogre's nature and the fancy monarchy lifestyle. Very polite and well mannered, he is known for throwing the best parties on town for all the high society. Better not trust him that much though,despite all the good manners and whatnot, you might just end the party in his belly!

Name:  colortests.jpg
Views: 358
Size:  344.1 KB

Name:  masquerade sketches2.jpg
Views: 355
Size:  105.5 KB

Name:  lines.jpg
Views: 349
Size:  71.6 KB

5. The Following User Says Thank You to VictorQ For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Quote Originally Posted by Pixeltuner View Post
    Anonegamer: You didn't provide a character sheet (front and back view), only wip-shots.

edit: one a sidenote, I know this is probably not open for discussion but those sheets are the sole reason I don't finish any of these challenges anymore except for the exceptional cases I do an ortho as the design anyway. They're an afterthought and bore me to tears. I'd rather have the wips back as they are more interesting in seeing the design-process of the various artists anyway.
    It's a shame that this is the case as the purpose of the sheet was to get people thinking more about their character design and it did work in that goal, but you're right, I have noticed a number of very talented artists miss out because of that rule. With the 300 mark now approaching and a new monarch soon to be chosen, we will be reviewing a number of chow related things to get people more involved.

If anyone does have any ideas feel free to send me a message as our primary aim is to make it as fun and interesting for you guys as possible!

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Eofn For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    didn't finish on time either. Nevermind T T
    And I am not very interested in the character sheet either. I mean, for me it's just a funny way to draw and improve myself. If it becomes like work I get bored too easily :/
    At first I thought I would just switch to the IOW but there are not a lot of challengers wich means there are less people to learn from.

Sorry, this is a very selfish POV..

9. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to ryuloulou For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I see others that made the final vote despite no character sheet.

I'd have to agree with pixeltuner and ryuloulou though, I spend so much time on my character illustration that either I throw together a character sheet at the end which is usually crappy or I realize it too late and then miss out on the vote because I try to get it done. I know the point is that we should probably do the character sheet first, but you can see through all the WIP threads that no one does that.

That said ryuloulou and makilolo would have gotten my vote for appealing characters and rich design, makilolo I really love the texture in yours.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to carakhan For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Quote Originally Posted by Pixeltuner View Post

I agree - I too would rather see inspirations, research, and WIPs, and not the character sheet requirement. I haven't bothered with a CHOW in ages in part because of it.

www.costumesketch.com
    I looked at yours, now you look at mine...sketchbook here

"The doctor said I wouldn't have so many nosebleeds if I kept my finger outta there." - Ralph Wiggum

"Never keep up with the Joneses. Drag them down to your level." - Quentin Crisp

"Ordinary morality is only for ordinary people." - Aleister Crowley

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Members who have read this thread: 1