View Poll Results: What did you think of Lord of the Rings: The Two Towers?

Voters
36. You may not vote on this poll
  • Thumbs up?

32 88.89%
  • Thumbs down?

4 11.11%
    Thanks

Lord of the Rings: The Two Towers...

Well, it's been about 4 hours since I finished seeing The Two Towers and I have to say...

THAT HAS GOT TO BE ONE OF THE MOST FREAKIN' AWESOME MOVIES I'VE EVER SEEN!!!!!

I am interested to hear others initial thoughts, but I would have to say that Jackson has topped even Fellowship of the Ring. This trilogy is going to be fantastic. What did everyone think?
    "I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve."

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
    Thanks
    Smeagol and I saw this last night at the midnight showing....tired tired.....it was trully an experience. Awesome Awesome. Best movie I have seen in a long time...of course...it won't win best picture because fantasy never gets what it deserves but hey...we all know it was the best picture of the year!

Thanks
    Yes, great movie, good stuff. I'm also very tired and I must admit that I missed the last 15 minutes or so (just fell asleep, overwhelmed by the amount of eye-candy and the lack of oxygene in that cinema). However, a few things were off IMO: this Aragorn dropping from a cliff sequence was absolutely unnecessary, the Ents were a bit too small for my taste, the support of the settings and characters by the music wasn't as perfect as in the first part. Why there were Elves at Helm's Klamm was a bit unmotivated and from the model's photos I've seen before I expected Helm's Klamm to be or larger scale. But these are minor critcisms, all in all I loved this film! I'm definitely going to see it again, more than once!

Jester
    Imagination is intelligence having fun!

Jester's Sketchbook

Portfolio web site

Thanks
    I'll go see it today. Hope it has more action than the last one.:evilbat:

Thanks
    Oh man...if you want action...wait till you see this. HOLY COW! The battle is amazing!!!!!!!

Thanks
    If this movie doesn't have enough action for you...I don't know what would. Over 10,000 combatants on the screen at once at Helm's Deep is worth the price of admission alone!!!! Heh heh heh!

I reiterate...I LOVED THIS MOVIE!!!!! :fruit:
    "I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve."

Thanks
    truly fantastic movie!! i saw it in large format so the screen was larger and the sound system was much nicer. the bass was unbelievable in this theater. the battle of Helm's deep just kept pounding in my chest! quite possibly the best battle scene i've seen on film.

Gollum was incredible. he looked so real it was quite amazing and what made it even more impressive was the amount of interaction he had with the other characters. the acting was superb. you could really feel where frodo was coming from in tryin to befriend gollum. plus, you really get a feel for what he had been through and how twisted he became.

honestly, best film of the year. i think the best film i've seen. there was so much goin on i'll have to see it a few more times. and how about the balrog scene from the beginning. talk about a phenomenal start of a movie! that was such a furious scene!!!

i've known now for several years that what i really want to do is get into the film industry, to do visual effects of any sort, either 3d graphics, miniature (or bigatures as they call them at WETA), matte paintings...anything in the film industry and this movie has really inspired me to get moving on my grad school applications!

Thanks
    Yeah this film is very inspirational. I really wanted to see more beast. Those dogs were badass. I wanted to see those huge gate keeper trolls fight.:evilbat:

Thanks
    How about those oliphant things huh...4 tusks coming out...that was totally awesome!!!!!!!!

Thanks
    Wow! I just got back from seeing it at the Cinerama Dome here in Hollywood. Spectacular!
    Gollum has to be my favorite digital character. Even though I knew he was digital they gave him so much emotions and development in his character that he seemed so real. I actually felt kind of sorry for him.
    Don't worry Montross, I think the Return of the King will have all those creatures and evil human armies you saw in the Two Towers fighting. Only 364 more days to go.
    Last edited by negativespace; December 18th, 2002 at 09:13 PM.

Thanks
    having just saw the movie and having never read the books i've been tempted to read return of the king right now!!! and 364 more days to go is sooooooo long to wait to find out what happens!

Thanks
    I thought Gollum was incredible as well. He puts any other CG character I've ever seen to shame. He had so much emotion and interaction in the scenes, it didn't feel like he was a separated CG element. I even found myself sometimes thinking it wasn't a CG character Superb movie, I'll probably go with my friends and see it again this weekend.

Thanks
    Yes ZippZopp, read the books. I know they're long (about 1500 pages total) but at least you have a year before the next movie comes out. If you thought the movie was good, the books are even better.

Thanks
    Yes, heartily concur with the previous sentiments. If you like these movies and haven't read the books, DO SO RIGHT AWAY! Tolkien was one of the greatest writers of our time and in my opinion the father of great fantasy (along with his friend C.S. Lewis) and to watch the movies and not read the books would be a shame!

Thanks
    Amazing!! Just amazing!
    Gollum is... wow... Gollum (he had to be black, but...)

And all the concept behind it... the celtic rohirrims, the oriental haradrims. Wow! amaizing! I think i´m going to see it again very soon.

ZippZopp, read the books. You have to read all of them rigth now!! They´re great. Very very very inspiring. And they´ll catch you since the first page.

oh! I can yet hear helm´s horn!!
    Jaku

Thanks
    this movie has established a whole new standard for CG effects. it was caked with them! aside from winning best picture, I think Gollum should win best supporting actor. I was considering dropping school for awhile becuase my life is getting unstable. but this film was the perfect inspiration i needed. how could i do anything but persue a career as special effects artist!?

Thanks
    It sucked!
    I hated it!

err..havent seen it yet Just wanted to go against the grain.

Thanks
    just saw it.. didnt want it to end.... think i still liked the first one more though. but damn,,, you cant really compare them. the quality is consistant. its pretty much one really long and really good movie between the three of them.

damn Smeagol! you must be a LOTR uber geek. you got the name,, and the quote... are you sitting in front of your computer in a gandolf suit??? no?.. maby some harry hobbit feet?? no?? pointy ears?? maby?? am i close? :p

i just know that as soon as i hit the submitt button and forever burn my slanderous witt into the fabric of cyberspace,, your going to show up at my house riding a giant bird and levitate me all around my bedroom with your magic staff... i just know it.

-Lono

Thanks
    I can hardly believe it...negative comments about this movie?!? Wow...well, everyone's entitled to their own opinion, even if it is wrong. Heh heh. Amphex, you're one crazy dude! LOL!

Lono - Yes, I'll readily admit it. I am a Tolkien freak! But if you're going to be obsessive about anything, at least pick quality, right?

BEWARE ALL NAY-SAYERS...I AM A KEEPER OF THE SACRED FIRE! YOU MAY NOT POST! GO BACK TO THE DARKNESS FROM WHENCE YOU CAME...YOU MAY NOT POST!

Thanks
    it was a really good movie--but fellowship was better. Faramirs character was completely turned upside down-- and helms deep was anticimactic. Dont get me wrong it was very well done--it just didnt have the consistency and stability story wise that fellowship had--ty

Thanks
    hahaha! true that dog.

yah, its cool man. i geek out on lots of,, stuff,, that i preferr not to,,,, disclose,,, at,, this,,,,,,,, juncture...

i stole my name "Lono" from a Hunter S Thompson book,, and ive dressed up as Hunter for halloween,,,, 3 years in a row!!!

-Lono <------GEEK!

Thanks
    I just got back from seeing it.

So far I've seen a lot of people whining about it not being consistant with the book.
    I can't understand why anyone would expect the movies to be just like the books. Honestly I think the movies do Tolkien's creation justice. You must separate the two though, if you don't, you are going to be disappointed in one or the other... The first movie wasn't the same as the book either, though it was a little closer than TTT.

To me, I just walked out of the theaters after seeing a great movie that was BASED (key word there people) on the excellent writings of Tolkien.

I loved the movies and the books.

Can't wait for the next one.
    Last edited by Coma; December 20th, 2002 at 07:48 PM.

Thanks
    Thanked 11,435 Times in 2,935 Posts
    holy shit gollum was amazing to watch!

I dont know anyone who could do that?

sheesh

the ent battle was cool...the animations were great.

yeah..they seemed a little small and scrawny...I expected larger...but what the hell...I didnt care...best three hours I spent in a movie all year.

ep 2 was boring and trite compared to TTT.

just my 2 worthless cents....if ya havent seen it...go go go

the art is fantastic.

j

Thanks
    The animators who worked on gollum deserve a 'best actor' award for the stupendous character animation they were able to pull off. :chug: Cheers for Weta!

Thanks
    You guys are absolutely right. Gollum should win best actor...the guy that played him should win I mean. The fact that I felt pity on this CG character (which is how frodo felt) is AMAZING. He is a bunch of ones and zeros and you forget that so many times in the movie...it's amazing. I agree Jason...absolutely the 3 best hours I've spent in a movie theater all year...but of course...best picture will go to some movie that doesn't even compare to this. We should burn the academy if they don't give The Two Towers the best picture of the year award. WHO'S WITH ME!!!!!!!!!

Thanks
    it was a good movie. the first one was definitely better. i agree w/everyone about golem. they did a truly awesome job on him. Those walking trees were designed very well. Once agin the locations were beautiful.

Now what i didn't like,

I'm sorry but just like any other movie...comic relief kills. the dwarf was just full of too many one-liners. i realize that the book had some in there but....tone it down a bit Peter. The movie was a bit wonkish as far as consistency goes. All the traveling in the first hour and a half of the movie needed something besides beautiful landscapes to keep it going. And lastly, when legolas rides that sheild down the stairs while shooting arrows...puullleeeaaaazzzzz!!!!

don't get me wrong. i liked it. it's just that such a powerful epic should come across as so much more.

oh yeah, there are a few articles here and there comparing it to kurosawa's Ran...blasphemy!!

Thanks

Talking Ents.

ents ENTS ENTS EEENNNTSS!!!!!!!

Its kickses our asseses.
    Horsehead McDougal say:
    a mountain of pancakes should
    be eaten one at a time
    with some syrup.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,218 Times in 254 Posts
    i must agree with Blazzo. I didn't know the plot of two towers, so i was like 100% sure the ents would back down. When the decided to fight i was like "NO FU$!ING WAY!". My jaw just dropped at the scene and i got antsy in my seat with excitement.

WHY ISN'T THIS FILM ON DVD YET!

bah i'm seeing it again this week
    gotta wait for the crowds to die down.

Thanks

Ents.

It's better in the book.

edit: Hmm. The pimp smiley doesn't work.
    Last edited by Blazzo; December 29th, 2002 at 02:09 AM.
    Horsehead McDougal say:
    a mountain of pancakes should
    be eaten one at a time
    with some syrup.