Art: Heidamonster's portfolio for review

Join 500,000+ Artists

Its' free and it takes less than 10 seconds!

Join the #1 Art Workshop - LevelUpJoin Premium Art Workshop

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Heidamonster's portfolio for review

Well, here it is something old and something new! I've got an eclectic mix of stuff here. Even if I don't get rave reviews this is totally awesome to be able to get this level of feedback from some industry giants!! Thanks Jason Manley, ConceptArt, and The Art Department!!! My name is Jason Heida. The only thing I know for sure is that I want to make art my real/ full-time job!! If that means gallery work, concept art, illustration work, or whatever. I just want to develop my artistic abilities and be able to apply them to creating new works. I would absolutely LOVE the chance to attend TAD, but read the next post and you'll find out what a tall order that would be. I hope I didn't miss my chance to get in on the critiques! Crossing my fingers!!!

Last edited by heidamonster; July 16th, 2012 at 01:20 PM. Reason: more info needed
    HEIDAMONSTER
    If people knew how hard I worked to get my mastery, it wouldn't seem so wonderful at all.
    - Michelangelo
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
    Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Here's my most recent stuff, then we'll trickle back in time. Sorry for having to put any old work in here, but family demands coupled with a 50 hour work week doesn't leave a lot of time to generate new work. So, here we go!! First, a book cover design for an e-book; commisioned work.

Attached Images Attached Images  
    HEIDAMONSTER
    If people knew how hard I worked to get my mastery, it wouldn't seem so wonderful at all.
    - Michelangelo

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Ok, next up is a small selection of portraits I recently exhibited in a group show. 1. Abe Lincoln 2. C.S. Lewis 3. David Crowder 4. George Foreman 5. Johnny Cash 6. Meadowlark Lemon 7. Mother Teresa 8. Paul the Apostle

HEIDAMONSTER
    - Michelangelo

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    oops, sorry about the size on those last 2 portaits. I thought I had them all sized out already.

HEIDAMONSTER
    - Michelangelo

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Here's some freelance work I do each year. These are images for dvd covers for kids dance recitals. Theses images are more cartoony in feel to appeal to the kids and their parents. For each of these assignments I'm usually just given the title of the show to work from. Also, since these are dvd covers the left side of the image is actually the back cover. 1. Jungle book and Dare to Dream 2. 365 days of dance 3. Wild about Dance 4. Broadway Bound

HEIDAMONSTER
    - Michelangelo

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Changing gears, here's some collage work I was working on for distribution in art vending machines. There roughly 2x3 in. each. I won't give you the titles to all of these but here's a few. (the titles is where I have the most fun) Top Row l-r 1. You Play a Deadly Game 2. The Tree of Good and Evil 3. The Thoughts came like a tidal wave Bottom Row l-r 1. A voice in the back of his head told him he had gone too far 2. Come hell or high water 3. The apparition
    2nd Set
    Top row l-r 1. The dream burned in the back of his mind 2. Wan Loo's mind unfolded like a thousand lotus petals 3. Her memory continued to haunt him 4. He could deny the truth no longer, this is where he belonged Middle image= He always knew this is where it would end Botton right= Timmy only hoped they could all escape in time

HEIDAMONSTER
    - Michelangelo

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Finally, a smatering of older work including a portrait of my wife and I, a combination drawing/ collage, and some character work.

HEIDAMONSTER
    - Michelangelo

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I cant really comment much since I'm not a professional artist myself, but I just wanted to say I really like your character design with the heart shape logo on his chest. Seems like he'd make an awesome comic book/ video game character.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Thanks, noshield49!

HEIDAMONSTER
    - Michelangelo

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.