Painter 12.2 Update
Join the #1 Art Workshop - LevelUpJoin Premium Art Workshop

Thread: Painter 12.2 Update

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Painter 12.2 Update

Check out what's new in Painter 12.2. The top line new content is as follows:

New! Flow maps: Maximize the creative potential of the Real Watercolor and Real Wet Oil brushes by adding flow maps to help direct the flow of paint, producing less saturation at the peaks of textures and more saturation in the valleys

New! Vertical docking: Dock palettes to the vertical edge of the application window by simply dragging and dropping

New! Multi-touch support for Wacom Intuos5 touch pen tablets and Cintiq 24HD touch interactive pen displays: Perform movements such as panning, spinning and pinching, in order to work closely with the canvas and stay focused on the art instead of hunting for quick keys or buttons

New! Corel Cinco: A new companion app that gives users complete creative control of the Painter 12 desktop with an iPad

You can check out the release notes and the other fixes here:

http://www.corel.com/corel/pages/ind...1&ppid=2900002

This update is FREE to all existing Painter 12 customers.

Special thanks to all the beta users that provided feedback and great visuals that show off Painter 12.2!

Occupo piscis piscis
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    A year later, my Win7 Painter 12 installation finally opens up immediately instead of stalling for nearly 5 minutes and Cut/Copy/Paste are all working smoothly. Problem solved now. Thanks for this patch

Chipsterology Sketchbook - Open for crits - 24hrs
    http://www.conceptart.org/forums/sho...d.php?t=126257
    Twitter: Chipsterology

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Nice it feels faster all round. Selecting brushes aren't as slow as they used to be.

But my Mac still sounds like a jet engine when Painter is set to 7cores even when i turn multicore off for the brush i'm using.

I guess Rome wasn't built in a day.

ikken is offline Her Wings Glow According To Her Mood Level 8 Gladiator: Thracian
    Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    ^ I keep CPU cores assigned to painter at 2 or 3; giving it more than 4 of 8 makes my mbpro fans go crazy, and it doesn't give any visible performance boost.
    my set of brushes is working without lag even at a single core though,
    it's the screen redrawing/canvas speed I'm mostly disappointed with. multi-cpus do nothing to help it.

(by the way, does anyone else on mac have a terrible lag when switching to paint bucket tool? it seems to be reduced at 12.2, but it's still a 2-3 second pause when painter just freezes. I don't even know if it's my workspace or a common bug)

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    @ Ikken: Even at 2 i still get the Jet engine. I normally use just a single core because of this reason. I tried multicore with the new update to see if there was any improvement.

Yeah most brushes with the exception of real watercolors work well. Without lag.

Tried the paint bucket tool; seems okay on my end. Could be a workspace thing. You know what to do i guess...(sigh).

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Nevermind this stuff. I'm still waiting for the Mac 64 bit version that was promised forever ago.. >.>

ikken is offline Her Wings Glow According To Her Mood Level 8 Gladiator: Thracian
    Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Quote Originally Posted by HugeBlack View Post
    Tried the paint bucket tool; seems okay on my end. Could be a workspace thing. You know what to do i guess...(sigh).
    oh....
    I did the workspace reset thing and didn't help much. at least I have a cmd+F workaround for now. at least 12.2 did something to reduce the lag. maybe in 12.6? I don't know.

Quote Originally Posted by Riley Stark View Post
    Nevermind this stuff. I'm still waiting for the Mac 64 bit version that was promised forever ago.. >.>
    well yeah.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    There's a painter 12.3 update mentioned by Steve B. on painterfactory board,
    and a small announcement for mac users, who aren't getting the 64 bit version until next year.

Unless 12.3, with its promised focus on performance, brings painter's speed to anything comparable to either v. 6 or at least 9, I will be leaving the flopping ship soon.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Same here Ikken. I was just about to remove painter when i decided to check out this thread. 12.3 will be the last straw for me.

It's getting to the point where it's actually more efficient and faster to use actual paint and brushes for commercial work. The digital advantage is totally lost here.

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.