Cintiq 24HD Touch .....Just when you thought Wacom couldn't make a higher price tag.

Join 500,000+ Artists

Its' free and it takes less than 10 seconds!

Join the #1 Art Workshop - LevelUpJoin Premium Art Workshop

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Cintiq 24HD Touch .....Just when you thought Wacom couldn't make a higher price tag.

Wacom just unveiled 2 new Cintiq Models, and their sites already updated.

The Cintiq 22HD, which is basically the Cintiq 21ux refreshed with the form factor of the 24. Same Price of $2000

The Regular 24HD is still available at $2599

And now....A 24HD Touch for a whopping $3699......

$1100 extra just for Touch.....

But don't worry...the Intuos 3 based 12WX remains untouched.

Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
    Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    lol @ 24 touchy pricing indeed, but the 22" full HD no-touch cintiq is an amazing deal for $ 2k imo

on the fourth day of glitchmas my painter™ gave to me
    four random crashes, three broken brushes, two system hangups & one corrupted workspace

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    now i know why all of the stores that carried the 21ux dropped their price from 2000 to 1700 these past weeks. Im kinda pissed I just bought a 21ux-dtk like 2 weeks ago. I only paid 1700 not the full 2000 but still i would have paid the extra 300 for a new model. oh well guess i bought it at a bad time. the 21ux will still serve its purpose.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    - they are just trying to grab as much cash as they can before competition finally hits the market come next year with the windows 8 tablet explosion.

http://www.stantum.com/en/

rant:

- you know the touch is going to be as bad as on intuos 5, picking up your palm all day long

- Its unbelievable they didn't change the resolution AGAIN. I own a 2560x1440 ISP monitor that cost $300

- what about the constant issues people have that pop up everyday here and on their forums? Work on the sensors? Nope.

Stantum and 3m!!! get rid of this company

Last edited by whitetree; July 10th, 2012 at 01:15 PM.

Thanks
    Thanked 4,259 Times in 2,074 Posts
    Follows
    Following
    I haven't had palm issues with the touch. It does palm rejection just fine. It is quirky with the gestures though.

Now I know why they finally fixed that tablet keeps Windows from sleeping but ...imagine your nearly $4000 Cintiq being kept awake all day long

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Wow, I would love to have one but they are totally nuts on that price. I agree, they need real competition. It should be half that for the 24HD/touch.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    One thing I will praise Wacom for - it's the brightest Cintiq ever at 300 cd/m2 with a billion colors. The other 24 has a luminance of 190 with 16 million colors.

Of course the pixel density is still low. This and the new 22hd are both 1920 pixels wide.

Brightness and color depth are more important to me, but next up should be some real hd panels and optical bonding like Perceptive Pixel and Microsoft Surface.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    there seems to be a large amount of customer base that likes to use the cintiq like a full desk. I prefer a different approach and would like to have them thin and light like their interactive display line only with a ips panel and more buttons and pressure.

nobody seems to want the line to head in that direction though.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    ill most likely get the 22hd as soon as i got the money, yet im a sucker for this stuff. wouldnt have gotten myself the 24 though... to big, but the 22 looks to be right up my alley.

newest sketchbook
    oil paintings

"Have only 4 values, but all the edges you want." Glen Orbik

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Nice, another "cheap" update no one asked for. Here's a whole new set of bugs to deal with instead of ironing out the old ones. Yeps, progress.

I'll hold out for the eventual 12wx touch.

At least something good came out of this update. We got a Painter 12.2 update. No 64bit OSX patch, nope, that money was spent on Corel Cinco for the ipad. Me? i'm not mad...nope...not me.

Last edited by HugeBlack; July 10th, 2012 at 07:26 PM.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to HugeBlack For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I will never pay $3700 for a Cintiq unless it happens to be 20X30" to mimic large format canvas painting or something along those lines 6-7 years from now.
    They have completely lost their mind. Sometimes I wonder: What The F#ck are they thinking....I can't believe it.
    Seriously, my mouth fell open with nerve they had posting it on FB like, "Yeah, come and get it!" Hell's no.

Chipsterology Sketchbook - Open for crits - 24hrs
    http://www.conceptart.org/forums/sho...d.php?t=126257
    Twitter: Chipsterology

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    What I don't get is why the had to jack the price so high for touch? Since the 24HD was already at $2600...I could see maybe raising it to $3000.....but an $1100 difference is nuts. And when you look at the price difference from Intuos 4 to Intuos 5....adding Touch to the Intuos didn't really nessesitate jacking the price significantly like the Cinitq.

True the 24HD touch has more colors and is brighter, but honestly those improvments should have been implimented long ago in the cintiq line.

Wacoms's highest price ever...and they'll still probablly sell a ton of them.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Quote Originally Posted by HugeBlack View Post
    At least something good came out of this update. We got a Painter 12.2 update. No 64bit OSX patch, nope, that money was spent on Corel Cinco for the ipad. Me? i'm not mad...nope...not me.
    one thing that seems incredibly corel to me is lack of default apple gesture compatibility.
    adobe was showing multitouch demos since cs5 era (or even before that?) and supported mac gestures since day 1 in cs6
    corel's implementation only supports wacom's hardware, nice gesture towards mac os users.

(they're working on it, to be completely fair, but they're working on 64 bit mac os update as well, which haven't surfaced in over a year since initial release.)

Quote Originally Posted by darkmagistric View Post
    What I don't get is why the had to jack the price so high for touch?
    to make it a classy & unique lifestyle gadget rather than a reasonable working tool I suppose?
    I still have no idea how they missed out printing "it's $ 4k, deal with it" in swarowsky on both front and back sides of the unit.

on the fourth day of glitchmas my painter™ gave to me
    four random crashes, three broken brushes, two system hangups & one corrupted workspace

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    buy your 70 lb randomly flashing screen...today [ wind chimes + melodrama piano]

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Quote Originally Posted by sone_one View Post
    ill most likely get the 22hd as soon as i got the money, yet im a sucker for this stuff. wouldnt have gotten myself the 24 though... to big, but the 22 looks to be right up my alley.
    Looking at the specs, it seems that the 22 is the better choice now. it's lighter, brighter, and you don't have to pay for shipping. I do like the stand on the 24, but if it comes down to it, it's the screen that makes the difference.

Last edited by philofmars; July 11th, 2012 at 12:07 PM.
    www.findphil.com for a look at my older stuff
    www.facebook.com/vig.illustrationgraphics for recent stuff
    http://velikan.tumblr.com/ for the latest up-to-the-minute stuff, and process nonsense
    And finally, http://www.here-there-be-monsters.net/ is the place to be if you want to buy some of my work that has been kitted by the talented hand of Dave.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    @ Ikken: You know that's the first thing i tried when i updated Painter. How hard could it have been to just add that?

@ Philofmars: So why didn't they just wait and release it with those improvements? Seems like the Tech industry is punishing early Pro adopters.

So far it seems the only company actually doing anything with Pros in mind is Adobe. They are the only ones who seem to be putting in any effort at all (surprisingly).

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Quote Originally Posted by HugeBlack View Post
    @ Philofmars: So why didn't they just wait and release it with those improvements? Seems like the Tech industry is punishing early Pro adopters.
    Who knows, like the rest of you, I am baffled. I am glad they have touch now, I love it on my intuos, if only it was affordable... So I wait. and I wait. Someday.

http://velikan.tumblr.com/ for the latest up-to-the-minute stuff, and process nonsense
    And finally, http://www.here-there-be-monsters.net/ is the place to be if you want to buy some of my work that has been kitted by the talented hand of Dave.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Nobody should buy this. Touch will come to all the models, it needs to for them to stay competitive next year. This is a cash grab which is why the resolution did not increase. They will test the touch on all the early adopters and refresh the line again in a year.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Quote Originally Posted by jhferry View Post
    Nobody should buy this. Touch will come to all the models, it needs to for them to stay competitive next year.
    Stay competitive with whom?

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    windows 8 hardware

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Quote Originally Posted by whitetree View Post
    windows 8 hardware
    Does windows 8 come with a 22" pressure sensitive screen tablet?

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I believe there's going to be a lot of touch-based flopware by the time win8 sales reach decent numbers, but I really doubt any of that could be considered wacom's competition.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    ViewSonic will be releasing a few digitizer displays within the next few months, so that will create SOME competition.

Other than that, Wacom's pricing is based on a niche product. I believe that @ $2,000 is the "slightly-pushing-it" price range when it comes to stuff like this.

What surprises me most is that Wacom hasn't been improving the technology that much with their products. The cost often times doesn't reflect the actual value. So, the touch looks great (especially with mudbox), I just don't know if it's $3,700 great at a 1920x1200 resolution. My computer monitor surpassed that 2 years ago...

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    the cost of the 24 HD touch seems way to high. even if looked at as a luxury item its pricing doesnt even seem right. how are they figure getting $1200+ more just for touch? is that based on the rich american study.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    It's going to take low sales to tell them it's too high. their britches are too big.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Icon

Quote Originally Posted by Chipsterology View Post
    I will never pay $3700 for a Cintiq unless it happens to be 20X30" to mimic large format canvas painting or something along those lines 6-7 years from now.
    They have completely lost their mind. Sometimes I wonder: What The F#ck are they thinking....I can't believe it.
    Seriously, my mouth fell open with nerve they had posting it on FB like, "Yeah, come and get it!" Hell's no.
    I think its like a lot of others have stated. They basically have no competition in their niche...

Because with as much touch screen stuff out their it can't be technology/hardware driving the cost.. at least its hard to imagine.

"The two pillars of 'Political Correctness' are:
    a)Willingful Ignorance
    b)A steadfast refusal to face the truth" -unknown-

Fairtax.org

"There may be no thing such as a "Fairtax," honestly all taxes suck and there's nothing fair about being taxed for working hard. But if were going to be taxed might as well have a system in place that is far better for the people being taxed. This is the fairtax" -CorePoint

Members who have read this thread: 3