Sketchbook: From Scratch.
Join the #1 Art Workshop - LevelUpJoin Premium Art Workshop

Thread: From Scratch.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Wink From Scratch.

Hey guys, so recently I received a giant kick up the back side, which forced me to realise that I haven't been putting in the effort I need to get the results I want.

I realised I'm currently 20 years old and I've already been putting this off for far too long, I've been drawing on and off for quite sometime, bursts of motivation used to come and go like the soft smell of freshly cut grass. Now I'm determined to get this part of my life sorted, so any advice from you experienced guys out there, no matter how harsh, is accepted and I will take it on board.

Thanks.

Anyway, onto business, with my, albeit, amateurish attempts of Loomis on cheap Poundland paper.

Attached Images Attached Images    
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    09/07/2012
    So for the last week I've been really focusing on trying to do 100 gesture drawings a day, really trying to make that a habit, also very good if you want to fill sketchbooks really quickly/ drain your funds, I guess I should get used to that. =P
    Spent this morning doing a bit of Loomis, who I really struggle with and this afternoon doing Bridgman, who I find considerably easier to follow, as well as a lot more fun, main take aways being, the 3 main masses of the human body; the head, the pelvis and the itself.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Loomis and Bridgman are references I use as well. I like the line quality you have in your drawings. The gestural studies are nice and I can see that they were done fairly quickly. The loomis ones though, since they are indeed studies of side views and proportions, I feel a bit more time can be spent to make them even more accurate. That extra bit of accuracy will engrain the gesture and proportion in you.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

10/07/2012

@kevinhyshen: Hey mate, cheers for the feedback buddy, do you have a sketchbook I could check out? maybe return the favour. I definitely intend to spend a bit longer on the Loomis pieces, until I can really embed those proportions into my brain.

Ok, so it's day two of my sketchbook and as, I intend to do from this point forth I have come to update and show you lovely people my findings of the day. Findings include, another 100 gestures! more studies of Bridgman (I LOVE HANDS!), and some more Loomis for you guys to critique (and possibly laugh at) . Either way, please feel free to check this stuff out and leave comments, I'm usually friendly.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Wink Boom Shaka Laka

11/07/2012
    July;

Hey guys, third day straight and keeping strong, If I can keep this up this will become a habit in no time! so today I have done a great deal more studies this time of legs, which has been somewhat of a problem for me for a considerable amount of time, feedback, critique, suggest, or just tell me of your undying hatred towards me, enjoy.

Oh and, Horray! for my first semi-decent loomis study! One small step in a colossal staircase.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Nice! I'm planning on doing similar anatomy studies pretty soon.

I started drawing in June and made a blog about it. Oh boy!

I have a sketchbook too.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Nice job man, keep up the momentum! Don't let it stop soon it WILL be a habit but soon after that you'll really love it I'm sure. But the bridgman drawings are really accurate, and doing loomis and bridgman at the same time is a great plan as some of the inaccurate anatomy is taught properly in loomis, but bridgman really teaches flow. It's the best of both worlds. But try to step it up and draw from photos of people. Otherwise just keep up the hard work!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Yep, the bridgman studies looks really great, keep it up!

SKETCHBOOK or MICHALMACKO.COM
    Weapons of Mass Creation 2011 ::: Add your favourites!
    You and only you, with your own sincere self-discipline, and effort, can make yourself an artist.

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.