Page 7 of 12 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 LastLast
    Thanks
    Tim and Keevy Thank you for the comments: Tim I will def keep the relation of objects to their relative counterpart in mind.

Ok so After realizing that I am really into drawing characters or at least figures and a figure really means nothing without an established environment, I have made myself a flow chart for this month. I know there are a lot of things I could have put in here but these for some reason seem to sum up everything important for my goal. If there is something else that could be added that I may have overlooked, by all means speak I want to get better and if my noob-ness has missed anything please SHARE

Attached Images Attached Images  
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
    Thanks
    Hey man I like your approach to study. I can also become a bit calculating at times with with planning how to go about developing my drawing skills and scheduling my time.

Thanks
    Thanks man. I really dont normally think like this. But I have really started to see that I like drawing Characters and I love nature in general so Environments are really a no brainer for me. So I figured If I have a focus then I am more likely to progress in that area.

Thanks
    Really diggin that bird skull, where did u get it?

"The whole point of practice is to do it until you can do it right." - dpaint

DA

Sketch Book

Thanks
    Lol Google a hawk skull. it should be a top search.

Thanks
    Pete -

Re: August flow chart.

Line Control.

I would say:

1. Line Control
    2. Shapes
    3. Proportions
    4. Perspective

On perspective really the main thing at this point is to be really really comfortable with
    foreshortening and gauging foreshortened proportions. More rigorous perspective can
    wait, and even then you want your use of perspective to be as quick and freehand as possible.

I wouldn't worry about light and shade too much yet.

Anatomy is mostly useful at this point to help you get familiar with the figure and come
    to grips with its shapes. Anatomy is one of those details that can be kind of layered on
    top of a design just like clothing or props. Its the shapes and the 'construction' of the
    figure that matter more.

For line control: be aware of your posture. Don't slump. Try to draw from the shoulder
    not from the wrist. Do lots of boring exercises to get the muscle memory down.

The only other thing I would say is just MORE DRAWING. The studies you are doing so far
    are very good, a solid approach, you just need to pick up the pace.

Keep up the good work man, you've got a great attitude!

sketchbook...a kitten dies every time you don't comment

“When forced to work within a strict framework,
    the imagination is taxed to its utmost – and will
    produce its richest ideas. Given total freedom,
    the work is likely to sprawl.”

- TS Eliot

Bloooooooog

Thanks
    BludHund: Thanks man. I will definitely work on more line control. Thanks for the tip. I will be switching up my flow to focus on that sort of stuff for sure.

And I really need to not slump. I find I tend to lean forward and get in close. Every time I do and realize I move back so I have a better view. I am constantly in a Back and forward battle to stay back and see the whole image.

Okay guys here is some stuff from today. Not a lot but tomorrow will be a new day and I will be picking up the pace for SURE!!!

1st up some PS stuffs.

Then random scribbles ha ha.

3rd some anatomy stuff from "Stephen Rogers Peck" Atlas of human anatomy for the artist

4th is a quick sketch of my room mate (Stabbs eyes out!!!)

Last is some 5-8 min sketches of figures.

Attached Images Attached Images                      

Thanks
    Thanks for knock knock, you'r improving for sure, just stay with it and time will show you!

SKETCHBOOK or MICHALMACKO.COM
    Weapons of Mass Creation 2011 ::: Add your favourites!
    You and only you, with your own sincere self-discipline, and effort, can make yourself an artist.

Thanks
    Thanks Eclip-se. I just hope I am going about it right ha ha. if that makes sense.

Thanks
    You're doing all the right stuff - make sure that you aren't just copying from those books you are studying from though. This means maybe even taking something you just drew and trying to draw it from imagination without reference.

Rock on!!!

Thanks
    nice updates, you are on the right track so nothing much to say except keep practicing!

Thanks
    LiquorbleuA Thanks man. And I will definately test myself to see if I analyzed and not copied.

Kevin_ Thanks dude. I left a comment about your recent works in your book man.

Thanks
    Hey dude, great updates again. Those arm bones are a bit on the short side though
    I'd strongly suggest that you get really, really confident with a simplified mannequin construction before going too in-depth with your anatomy studies. I recently found to my cost that I haven't absorbed 99% of the anatomy I've studied, because I had no scaffolding to hang information on. I was drawing, and getting better at drawing, but I wasn't internalising the shapes, masses, planes, etc. because I didn't have that underlying framework to hold everything together.
    If that makes sense
    It's a bit difficult to articulate. I don't mean framework as in an anatomically correct skeleton. I mean framework as in a simplified conception of the volume of the body in perspective.
    Anyway, keep at it!

15. The Following User Says Thank You to Kvetch For This Useful Post:

Page 7 of 12 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 LastLast

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.