Results 1 to 13 of 115
Thread: ChOW#295 :: Fantasy Masquerade
July 8th, 2012 #1
ChOW#295 :: Fantasy MasqueradeCharacter of the Week #295
Design a guest at a fantasy masquerade!!
DEADLINE: SUNDAY 15th July 8PM GMT+1 (9PM British Summer Time)
Check your timezone!
We're going to start the countdown to the new monarch of ChOW by hosting a little party..... a masquerade party..... for fantasy characters.
So the rules for this round are pretty simple, it must be a standard fantasy being (elf, gnome, dwarf, orc, goblin, fairy etc) and it must be wearing a masquerade costume.
The party is being held in honour of the new monarch, so it's a pretty grand affair and the costume should reflect that!
- Can be male or female
- Must be a fantasy being
- Must wear a masquerade costume
- The party is for a king or queen and should reflect that
- Can be any style
In addition to the brief, if you do not follow these rules, you will not be included in the poll.
- Files must be named: CHoW#295_Username (Files with any other names such as final.jpg or even chow295final.jpg will not be accepted)
- Finals must be posted in the finals thread BEFORE the deadline
- Final post must include the CHoW number and the artists username at the bottom of the image
- At least 3/4 of the focus character must be visible
- Final images must be accompanied with a basic character sheet in a separate image Character sheets should at the very least show a sketch of the front and back of the character and a couple of early thumbnails/silhouettes.
- Follow the brief!
July 8th, 2012 #2
July 8th, 2012 #3
orc in a frock time!
July 8th, 2012 #4
July 8th, 2012 #5
July 8th, 2012 #6
The Following User Says Thank You to Pixeltuner For This Useful Post:
July 8th, 2012 #7
Started in on the pose and colors. Not my typical palette, but I'm liking the combination. No clear idea of the background or if/what I'll do for it.
July 9th, 2012 #8
Visions of David Bowie in overly tight trousers are coming to mind...
July 9th, 2012 #9
July 9th, 2012 #10
Aaaaaaa I'm going to make meself join in.
Going to scribble round till I get a good idea. Things I'm coming up with are feeling a little disjointed and cluttered at the moment.
Good luck, everyone. (Mind you, I'll need it more x_x)
Last edited by Naidy; July 9th, 2012 at 01:47 PM.
July 9th, 2012 #11
@Pixeltuner : I like the tree mask. Not sure what I think of the torch(?) I suppose because right now it looks like a flashlight.
@Niady I'm sure you'll do fine. I like that leaf mask concept, though I think that first sketch looks more like an entertainer than a guest.
And here's my update. The mask is still a work in progress. I just don't know where I'm going with it.I'm pretty sure the perspective on the right hand wings is wrong. Reference hunt time. Or maybe it doesn't need wings? I'm not sure...
Last edited by hemlock-key; July 9th, 2012 at 02:45 PM.
July 9th, 2012 #12
July 9th, 2012 #13
@Parsakoira: Ope! you gone and made her head too big again I think. Other than that looking great!
The Following User Says Thank You to Havok Reed For This Useful Post: